Album 59: Taking the Plunge Discussion

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Woody
Cookies & Creme

Okay, I'll start with my one complaint. With Buck, if they were trying to teach a lesson about how going behind parents' backs even to do something good is wrong, WHY DID THEY HAVE HIS PLAN SUCCEED? Also, lol, Vance write-off. Pretty sure that was a replacement voice. ;)

Okay, but on the positive side, I'm really happy Buck isn't back to his old tricks. Also, I now understand Penny's spiritual incompatibility rant, although it seemed ridiculous for the first 10 minutes or so. But I absolutely love that scene in the church. The return of non-sugar-high Wooton! <3 And I am completely in love with Penny and Wooton now. I ship them so hard. GAH.

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

SirWhit wrote:So you know people better than they know themselves when they say they like Jay because of his complexity?
Yep.
SirWhit wrote:That's a bit arrogant, don't you think?
Yes. "Can't you take yes for an answer? Yes!" I am arrogant, this is a known and absolute fact. Everyone! If there's anyone who isn't aware I'm arrogant let it be known: Pound Foolish is very arrogant. Are we all agreed? Good.
SirWhit wrote:And yes if Jay wasn't as funny maybe we wouldn't like him as much but the simple matter of fact is that Jay's depth is a huge factor in why we like him.
Yes, you definitely find Jay's depth a reason to like him. And you definitely wouldn't like him as much without the humor. Without humor, you can push your friend around to do good things and people will get mad at you even though you're just a little girl. But if you're funny, you can be an evil tyrant and betray your family and kills hundred and suck a guy's eyeball out but Loki is charming and hilarious and so people love the heck out of him. I'm just saying, loving the funniest character is the rule not the exception, you would probably love him whether he was deep or not. Even though you wouldn't love him as much. Especially since Jay's humor comes from his personality, and it's mostly his humorous dialogue that reveals his personality. Like when he talked to his Elvis doll. You really can't separate Jay's complicated personality from his humor and dialogue, they're almost the same thing. But you said you're not up for debate so I guess I'm just venting some long held in grouchy thoughts.
Woody wrote:Okay, I'll start with my one complaint. With Buck, if they were trying to teach a lesson about how going behind parents' backs even to do something good is wrong, WHY DID THEY HAVE HIS PLAN SUCCEED?
Because aio is growing up. Even if something works it can be done with things morally wrong about it even if you're mainly doing good. Chris' wrapup was just backpedaling. "Oh, we know we just said sometimes you can do something not perfectly right but still have good results and it's okay to check out other denominations and hang out with people of other denominations, we're being honest about the complexity of the world. But for all your screaming parents out there, we didn't mean any of that." So that parents could say, "Listen to Chris, just always go to our church like a good little Pentecostal" ;) And welcome to the shipping Penny and Wooton team.You are late as a white rabbit but we're glad to have you.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Wow. Just wow.
I loved this episode, I ship Penny and Wooton so much, and this episode made me so emotional...

But seriously, if I needed more reasons to think I was similar to Penny Wise..it's like they've scanned my brain and put her in a character.. o_O I agree with her completely, I love old fashioned churches, with hymns and organs, I feel so much closer to God through that than in a modern church with all the flashy lights and screens and loud music... modern churches feel too much like a concert than worship.

And praying out loud? It makes me feel so awkward, and nervous. It never feels like a real prayer if others are listening.

All this to say, I loved Out of the Woods, it's up there now on my list of favorite episodes. I loved the character development with Wooton and Penny, and I can't wait to see what comes next..
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I loved out of the woods too and I like hearing your thoughts but I have one question, would a more traditional church really have an afternoon service?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

aragtaghooligan wrote:I loved out of the woods too and I like hearing your thoughts but I have one question, would a more traditional church really have an afternoon service?
Hmm, It might, it might not.

I was going to go to a deaf church service while at college this fall, and I wasn't able to, and they were in an old church building during the afternoon..so I don't know.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I've heard of churches having services in the afternoon. It's not really that common, but it does happen. Many churches, especially more modern churches, will have afternoon activities, like Bible studies and youth groups, and many churches have afternoon or evening services for special occasions like Good Friday, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.

I'm so excited for the general release! Hearing you guys talk about it really gives me high hopes. :)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote:
I'm so excited for the general release! Hearing you guys talk about it really gives me high hopes. :)
I second that. \:D/
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Woody
Cookies & Creme

Final episode tomorrow!

My Prediction:
Whit's sudden heart attack and death

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
KeyBladeWarrior
Cookies & Creme

Woody wrote:Final episode tomorrow!

My Prediction:
Whit's sudden heart attack and death
That's a terrible prediction! :evil: I'm definitely hoping for a much better episode.
After last week's episode, I personally think that Penny will finally answer Wooton's question with a yes! :)
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I think she basically already did when she sad she wanted it at that church I think it is more likely the episode will be the wedding or the start of wedding plans
KeyBladeWarrior
Cookies & Creme

aragtaghooligan wrote:
I think she basically already did when she sad she wanted it at that church I think it is more likely the episode will be the wedding or the start of wedding plans
she did? I guess I didn't realize she actually said yes to Wooton's propsal. And if she did, I'm pretty sure they won't be getting married that quick. They'll probably give time (meaning episodes) for them to plan their wedding.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Chocolate Chip

Remember, this album is only 6 episodes and part a. So part b and six more episodes will air later and continue what we hear in these 6.
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I was kind of disappointed with the last episode of this album. I din't feel that it really gave us anything new, other than
the answer
but I wasn't surprised by that at all. I almost felt that the last episode would have been a better album finish, it was SO good.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Hooray, a resolution!

And...more conflict...yay :(
DredgeAmazing
Cookies & Creme

aragtaghooligan wrote:
I would understand if Buck did shady stuff to make friends or protect himself or some other thing although even then I would like Eugene and Katrina to catch on and stop him, and convince him not to give in but Dion was in no rush to hurt him and Vance isn't around so why suddenly start planning something? I'm hoping this isn't what it seems. I want to be able to trust Buck. Not for him to be perfect but at least to have good intentions.
Romantic undertones lol.
LIVE in color, but 1968 color nonetheless
--A very misguided Panasonic viewer
TigerShadow wrote:
I think Disney should focus on making their line more ethnically diverse instead of focusing on more white girls.
I know Martin is smiling down.
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

romantic undertones? What? Between who and who?
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Woody wrote:
I think so... and if they did, I may actually quit Odyssey. Jay's my second favorite current character behind Matthew, who has already been ruined by his new voice...
Jay is going to Hollywood? I just can't see Jay going to Hollywood. If they didn't want him in the album, he could have just not been there without some weird excuse being given.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Why can't you see Jay going to Hollywood? He was in the zombie show after all and they did say they might give him a callback.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

SirWhit wrote:Why can't you see Jay going to Hollywood? He was in the zombie show after all and they did say they might give him a callback.
I forgot he was in the zombie thing. It seemed kind of random, but now that I remember that, it seems not as random but still weird. You know, he's just a normal kid who suddenly becomes an actor going to Hollywood...just a lot for me to take in...
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Ah yeah. That does make sense. But it's AIO, so weird things happen to people there all the time :)