Trent DeWhite

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

How much do you like Trent DeWhite?

I absolutely love him!
45%
I like him.
27%
I don't really like or dislike him.
27%
Eww ... how could you like him?!?
No votes

Total votes: 11

KeyBladeWarrior
Cookies & Creme

Trent DeWhite

What do you guys think about the character of Trent DeWhite. Personally, he is my favorite child character through the whole history of the show, but I want to hear what you guys think of him. Let's discuss here.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Trent DeWhite?

Oh

You must mean

MY TINY NERD SON

Seriously, I'm right there with you. Trent is my absolute favorite. I found myself really identifying with his perfectionistic neuroses, vivid imagination, tendencies toward unrelenting sarcasm, bluntness, and courage in standing up to bullies. (I once saw someone call him a "scaredy-cat"...were we listening to the same show where he mouthed off to Rodney Rathbone and went to remove a bunch of bees—aka little flying harpoons—from the car of a teacher who had done nothing but bully him?) I adore how much of a dork he is, I love his intellect, and his ongoing struggles with his fears have sometimes even helped me a little when dealing with my anxiety disorder, if only so I know I'm not alone. (I actually headcanon that Trent does have a form of anxiety—not because I do, but because his tendencies toward letting his mind stray to the absolute worst case scenario and dwelling on it to the point of being a nervous wreck, all dissonant with what's actually happening, are classic symptoms of anxiety disorder.)

In short: Trent is my baby boy and I will defend him to the death (if his genius not-girlfriend doesn't get there first ;) ).
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Smaug
Chocolate Chip

Not gonna lie. I had a huge crush on this boy for most of my young adolescent life.

Actually, who am I kidding? I would totally marry him today if he wasn't already spoken for. (Twice, as I'm pretty sure Tiger gets first dibs if anything happened to Mandy Straussberg. ;) )