AIO Wiki

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!
Emuman
Caramel Crunch
Location: Traveling throughout space and time with the Doctor. AKA My house in Illinois

I love AIO Wiki, it actually was the way that I found Odyssey Scoop and from Odyssey Scoop, the SS Message Boards. I always check it daily for any new news about AIO but for some reason, it seems like the amount of daily news has been decreasing. I'm not complaining or anything, but I'm just wondering if it's starting to shut down or something like that...and I would not like that at all.
Emuman
Mara
Pistachio

I don't have an account, but I get A LOT of useful info from there!
Reddo
Strawberry

Emuman wrote:I love AIO Wiki, it actually was the way that I found Odyssey Scoop and from Odyssey Scoop, the SS Message Boards. I always check it daily for any new news about AIO but for some reason, it seems like the amount of daily news has been decreasing. I'm not complaining or anything, but I'm just wondering if it's starting to shut down or something like that...and I would not like that at all.
we're not shutting down, there just haven't been a lot of newsworthy items lately,
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well, that's a relief. I suppose the news would seem slow after the big rush of get-in-the-show and Averys and so one all at once.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Sage
Caramel Crunch

I had no idea!! That's so cool, I'm going to look it up right away.
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I actually don't use it too much....I'm getting an account, and I'll see what I can do to improve it's contents.
Skylerbuck
Chocolate Chip

I edit there every day, I admit I'm addicted to it :) just look in the Recent Changes , I am Skylerbuck there too.
I'm an admin on http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Main_Page, come check us out
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I've just recently been putting up a bunch of the pictures I've found on the OAC site and on clubhouse magazine. :D

My username is the same there as it is here, Belle.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Heh. Heh.
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
AIOrocks101
Strawberry

I love AIO Wiki. I edit there nearly every day. I'm AIOrocks101 on there too.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So anyone who registers can edit whatever they want on AIO Wiki?

Isn't that sort of dangerous?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote:So anyone who registers can edit whatever they want on AIO Wiki?

It's the definition of a wiki, which is why professors hate papers citing Wikipedia, since the info could be false.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

But the upside to it is that false information can be corrected very quickly.
AIOrocks101
Strawberry

Miss Friendship wrote:So anyone who registers can edit whatever they want on AIO Wiki?

There are admins who monitor everything and block spammers.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Same as everything else on Wikipedia. Which would be why I don't use it (wikipedia) for research ;)

-- Sun May 31, 2015 5:49 pm --

I use it mostly to look up quotes or find which episode somthing is in
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Yes, AIOWiki is down. It looks like someone deleted something they shouldn't have :P Let's hope they kept backups...
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

It should be noted that Mark is out of the country for an extended period of time so we might be in a pickle.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

http://www.aiosoda.com/

This has a decent database of AIO characters up through 2008, if anyone is interested.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

So is AIOWiki down again because it's being repaired or because it's broken? It was up for about a week or so, then it went down around yesterday.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
snubs
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:So is AIOWiki down again because it's being repaired or because it's broken? It was up for about a week or so, then it went down around yesterday.
It is being worked on. *nods*

I asked Eugene about it a week ago (when it was first down) and he replied with:
Eugene wrote:Apparently, Dreamhost (the server company that the ToO and the wiki are setup on) detected that it was hogging server resources and just slowing things down or something like that. So they disabled public access to it until the performance issues are addressed. So Mark is installing updates, reviewing and changing code, and whatever else needs doing. Almost needs an overhaul on the back end from the sound of it.

I think he's gonna do two stages. One to get it back online, then we'll set up space to rebuild it and then we'll replace the old with the new. But that's mostly just me guessing.
So, I'm guessing the site will be in and out for a little bit yet. And when it is up, it may or may not be fully functional due to them working on it.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey