Will Jason Stay Retired?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

TigerShadow wrote:Then why did you bring it up?

I think that for Jason to stay away from the agency for awhile would be good for him. While I appreciate moral complexity in my protagonists, from a Christian standpoint, Jason has displayed some questionable-at-best attitudes that likely stem from the work he had to do while in the agency ("[Fighting fire with fire is] the only way I know how to fight", his attempts to play the hero instead of relinquishing control to God).
What attitudes would that be? He overdid it in that episode during the Nova Com saga in South America, that's all that comes to mind. Other than that though, you can't very well relinquish control to God entirely when you're trying to stop England'd leaders from being killed, for instance. He wasn't "trying to play the hero" he was doing his job.The only questionable behavior in that episode was when it's left ambiguous whether or not he spared Mr. Grote's life, and we don't know for sure if he actually let him die or even considered it there.

As to struggling with being alone with God, that's not questionable. That's natural. Heck, Whit discouraged him from doing it! He wisely pointed out it needs to be done in small reasonable doses and well basically the reverse of how Jason did it.
aragtaghooligan wrote: When they do have a love story it is super complicated. Why can't anyone just fall in love?

Well said, but they seem to have done that with Penny and Wooton. Before that, a little bit with Barrett and Priscilla though that's sadly been kicked to the curb.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Pound Foolish wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:Then why did you bring it up?

I think that for Jason to stay away from the agency for awhile would be good for him. While I appreciate moral complexity in my protagonists, from a Christian standpoint, Jason has displayed some questionable-at-best attitudes that likely stem from the work he had to do while in the agency ("[Fighting fire with fire is] the only way I know how to fight", his attempts to play the hero instead of relinquishing control to God).
What attitudes would that be? He overdid it in that episode during the Nova Com saga in South America, that's all that comes to mind. Other than that though, you can't very well relinquish control to God entirely when you're trying to stop England'd leaders from being killed, for instance. He wasn't "trying to play the hero" he was doing his job.The only questionable behavior in that episode was when it's left ambiguous whether or not he spared Mr. Grote's life, and we don't know for sure if he actually let him die or even considered it there.
Almost everything he did during the Blackgaard saga comes to mind, actually—even he admits that he was ignoring the spiritual battle in favor of the physical one that he believed he could fight. What I'm saying is that by necessity in Jason's line of work, he has had to do morally-gray-at-best deeds for the greater good, which has led to a rather skewed perspective of right and wrong actions to take when dealing with a crisis. I think even he admits (though not in so many words) that his job has taken a toll on his psyche, and my point is that time away from that on a long-term basis will be good for him.
Pound Foolish wrote:As to struggling with being alone with God, that's not questionable. That's natural. Heck, Whit discouraged him from doing it! He wisely pointed out it needs to be done in small reasonable doses and well basically the reverse of how Jason did it.
That's...kind of the point I was making.
aragtaghooligan wrote: When they do have a love story it is super complicated. Why can't anyone just fall in love?

Well said, but they seem to have done that with Penny and Wooton. Before that, a little bit with Barrett and Priscilla though that's sadly been kicked to the curb.[/quote]

"Sadly"? I thought you were a Barrett/Cindy shipper. ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I don't think it is going easy with wooton and Penny what with penny questioning commitment
I don't know if I said this on here or on ToO or where but I like Jason in the antique shop. I think he needs time to grow and I think starting and stopping the agency is too repetitive so I don't want him to go back. Antiques provides mini mysteries I think he'll like it.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I think he will! It could be a new chapter in Odyssey Jason settles down marries Monica [ fresh out of prison ] and has a family runs Whit's End for a few albums while Whit is doing archaeologist work in the middle east. \:D/
Proud K.R.E Member
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

aragtaghooligan wrote:I don't know if I said this on here or on ToO or where but I like Jason in the antique shop. I think he needs time to grow and I think starting and stopping the agency is too repetitive so I don't want him to go back. Antiques provides mini mysteries I think he'll like it.
I don't think that Jason will be going back to the agency anytime soon, either. I believe that he has finally retired for good, and will stay in Odyssey for a while.
I agree with aragtaghooligan; Jason likes solving "mini" antique mysteries.

To be honest, I don't think that we will be hearing much of him at all in the new episodes. It sounds like the writers have brought him back to Odyssey to have him in the occasional "mystery" or "family" episode, but not to be a constant character.
It will be interesting to see if he will like the idea of Jana moving to Odyssey.
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

He seems to be as constant as he ever was. We've had very few albums without him so far. I think this last one was the first since he returned. Though, he doesn't' have as much impact on the story lately, if that's what you mean.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Pound Foolish wrote:As to struggling with being alone with God, that's not questionable. That's natural. Heck, Whit discouraged him from doing it! He wisely pointed out it needs to be done in small reasonable doses and well basically the reverse of how Jason did it.
That [small reasonable doses] is basically the reverse of how Jason does anything. :jason
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Novatom wrote:
MissFriendship wrote:The actor for Tasha did die...but I am sure they could find a replacement if they desired it.

Really? She didn't seem that old. Forget it. Her voice was way to good for a replacement to be found. She never should return.
She had a different voice in Accidental Dilemna that is still alive.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: