Will Jason Stay Retired?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Will Jason Stay Retired?

"I did it Dad. I quit the agency."

"Haven't I heard that before?"

"Maybe, but you won't hear it again."

Jason has so far defied the odyssians who think his retirement is a short break, just as stubbornly as he refuses to marry Connie. Do you think he'll once again get back in action, and do you like the way Jason's character has been his last few non-agent albums?
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I think he should maybe go back to his work. I just can't see him working at an antique shop, so he should either become a secret agent again or work at Whit's End. Personally, I preferred him when he worked at Whit's End.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I hope that he isn't done completely with the agency.

His character so far is OK so far. I'm mean he hasn't done very much since Home Again. And if retirement means marring Connie he had better not be retired :jason

I agree with Novatom as well At Whits End he was better then the antique shop!
Proud K.R.E Member
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Novatom wrote:I think he should maybe go back to his work. I just can't see him working at an antique shop, so he should either become a secret agent again or work at Whit's End. Personally, I preferred him when he worked at Whit's End.
You can't see him working at an antique shop? Well, you have seen him. More than once. What do you think? Was there anything lacking in his character? I think he was perfectly in character and they used his position nicely to contribute to the plot of the Ties That Bind.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Pound Foolish wrote:
Novatom wrote:I think he should maybe go back to his work. I just can't see him working at an antique shop, so he should either become a secret agent again or work at Whit's End. Personally, I preferred him when he worked at Whit's End.
You can't see him working at an antique shop? Well, you have seen him. More than once. What do you think? Was there anything lacking in his character? I think he was perfectly in character and they used his position nicely to contribute to the plot of the Ties That Bind.
When have we seen him working? It's just not his personality to do that and he probably doesn't know much about it. His character was fine I guess, though he wasn't doing anything in the Ties That Bind as far as I can remember.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I'm just wondering how he can stay retired. He's shown in the past that he thrives on the action, the adventure, so how long is he going to be satisfied before he needs to be out in the field again? Eh, I say maybe a couple years. After all, he was able to be "retired" for a couple years before, while Whit was in the middle east.

Now, that is, unless he finds a gal to settle down with..
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Novatom wrote:When have we seen him working? It's just not his personality to do that and he probably doesn't know much about it. His character was fine I guess, though he wasn't doing anything in the Ties That Bind as far as I can remember.
We saw him in an OAC episode if you have that horrid thing. And we saw him working with Harlow and also with Connie and Haggler trying to find the trunk in The Ties that Bind..
Belle wrote: He's shown in the past that he thrives on the action, the adventure, so how long is he going to be satisfied before he needs to be out in the field again?
That's human nature. You thrive on your work for a while and then you get burnt and move on. And Jason's work is especially demanding. It's not as if Jason is in retirement per se, just retirement from the agency. He's still running business. Also, it's not as if Odyssey is the quietest town.
Belle wrote:Now, that is, unless he finds a gal to settle down with..
Monica! *conversation descends into another Connie and Jason Battle*
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Ha, I don't really like him retired for too long. He isn't made for it.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Pound Foolish wrote:It's not as if Jason is in retirement per se, just retirement from the agency.
Technically, he's been retired from the agency since A Name, Not A Number. That never changed. Somehow or other, he always gets thrust back into action.
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I think Jason's agency adventures are great... only, I wish he would hang out in Odyssey more and become part of daily life... without being stuck in an antique store that belongs to Jack and Joanne, who obviously left the show in the pretense of traveling the world?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yes, they did. For once, Odyssey gave us closure on some characters. Since Jack and Joanne's performers will not be around much longer, FOTF decided to send them off. It is not that shocking. I know an older couple who spend a large chunk of their time touring the world, and at least one other couple (soon to be two) that are older and retired who travel around the country often.

I believe J&J Antiques is a smart fit for Jason. He loves facts and information. What are antiques but old objects, each with a unique and special story behind them? Also, Jason has had to undoubtedly make various deals with people in the underworld or the government while working for the agency. When buying and selling antiques, quite a bit of haggling and deal-making can go on. This job still has action, just not action that will rip him away from those he loves or cost him his life.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You're right, I'm sure the actors of Jack and Joanne must be quite old by this time.

(I wonder why people wait till they are old to travel the world, I'd prefer to do it when I'm young. But this is off the subject)

Well I guess we need to see Jason longer in the antique business to judge correctly whether its exciting or not.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Blitz
Moose Tracks

The actor for Jack died or retired...
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Jason isn't retired, is he? He's way too young to be retired. He quit the agency, that's all. And, as we have seen in the past, he'll probably just rejoin the agency. Maybe to catch another glimpse of Tasha..
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

The actor for Tasha did die...but I am sure they could find a replacement if they desired it.

Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Well Jason could always marry Monica... after prison.They could settle down have four kids and live happily ever after.
Proud K.R.E Member
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

MissFriendship wrote:The actor for Tasha did die...but I am sure they could find a replacement if they desired it.

Really? She didn't seem that old. Forget it. Here voice was way to good for a replacement to be found. She never should return.

How about Jason goes back to the agency, his secret hope to spend more time with Tasha, but only to find she has already quit. By the time he finds out he is once again addicted to being a secret agent, and continues working.

-- Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm --
Micky wrote:Well Jason could always marry Monica... after prison.They could settle down have four kids and live happily ever after.
Four? Why four?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Yeah why not ten? The terrible ten flock of Whittakers.

I am not sure why we are planning Jason's life, since obviously we can't change it. It is fun to imagine though :)
Last edited by Miss Friendship on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mickey
Peach Cobbler

MissFriendship you make me laugh! So Connie gets the kids after Jason dies and marries Jeff who add a few more kids, marry Mitch he dies add more kids, she marries Whit! They all live happily ever after. And all the fans are happy...sorta!
Proud K.R.E Member
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Oh I forgot that whoever Jason married would have to change their last name. I don't think I could live if he marries Connie and she's Connie Whittaker. And Tasha is ruled out also because the actress is dead, so...Monica!

-- Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:02 pm --
Micky wrote:MissFriendship you make me laugh! So Connie gets the kids after Jason dies and marries Jeff who add a few more kids, marry Mitch he dies add more kids, she marries Whit! They all live happily ever after. And all the fans are happy...sorta!
Whit? No, no, no.