The C.D.T (Character Discussion Thread)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

sin? no I would think not
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I am happy to see the "No Character Stinks Club" has turned into a character discussion topic. I was about to start an "Every Character Stinks Club" just to be contrary, (I'm kidding) but now this club seems to have been put to good use.

Most of the time, a character's original stinkiness can be numbed out of them if they're used a lot. This has happened with quite a few characters: Jack Davis, Sam Johnson, Katrina Shanks, Grady McKay, and even our beloved Penny Wise all seemed like lackluster characters to me at first, but, after hearing them in more episodes, I gradually warmed up to them. This is probably why major characters are rarely ever disliked: we've heard them so much. Sam, Jack, and even Katrina are still pretty weak characters, but I don't throw my CD player out the window every time I hear them, because I'm used to them. On the other hand, minor characters like Cody, Heather, Mary Hopkins, and Edith Sutton bore me or make me cringe. I haven't been numbed to the idea that they're major characters, so I can't accept them. What do you guys think about this?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Hmm, you make an interesting point there CT. I definitely agree with the first point. I like characters a lot more when I hear them more. I kinda know and understand how they talk and act, so I get used to it. With smaller characters, though, I have to disagree. I like most of them. Yes, Edith Sutton is a bit too much, and is very annoying, but I don't mind listening to Heather and Cody, and Mary Hopkins added to the story, so I appreciate her presence there (:D If that doesn't make sense, don't worry about it)
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

Okay people, this week we have a double feature.

Our first character is Dwayne. This guy is one of my favorite characters because he always tries to do the right thing, and when he doesn't, he learns a lesson.

The second character is cody..... BEFORE everyone says, "Cody is the first character ever" (I'm looking at you CT) I need 5 good reasons why. Disscuss

Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

First character ever? Or worst character? I don't think Cody is anywhere near the worst. I mean, there are people like Mrs. Sutton, and such, who are much, much worse. I don't mind him, really. I mean, there are some times he gets on my nerves, but for the most part, he's pretty good.
Dwayne. A normal kid, trying to make the right decisions and do the right thing. He just has a few set backs (Jared, for one) I like him for it. He's interesting and down to earth. He's not flying way up in the sky like his buddy, which is why they are so good together. And he learns his lessons and excepts them well. He's a good kid.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Five good reasons why Cody is the first character ever? I believe he was actually the 243rd character ever, so I have no reasons here...

But, unamusing jokes about people making the same mistakes I make all the time aside, I will give you your 5 "good" reasons why Cody is a fairly weak character...

#1. He has no interesting character traits and personality.

#2. He had no real friends, interesting or uninteresting characters, to help mask his boring qualities.

#3. About half the episodes he was in were someone telling him a story (Amazing Grace, Arizona Sunrise, Telamuchus). Thus, he wasn't an active part of the plot of half his episodes, and the storytelling was only another attempt by the writers to hide Cody's uninteresting personality.

#4. He seems like an older version of Scrub (it's the same actor). Sometimes I wish the writers could've just continued Scrub instead of making a new character. Changing him to Scrub could also give Cody some interesting encounters with Rodney.

#5. He was obnoxious as a kid, and had no humor or emotion to balance all his unremarkableness.
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

Hi, I decided to show up again, so let's get this show on the road. The character to discuss is Penny. So go ahead and have at it

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Could we get a firing squad and blow her to bits. Oh no, her final words would drive them all crazy.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

That's rather graphic.
Or maybe they could blow her to Blitz! Yeah, you'd love that, right?
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

Blitz wrote:Could we get a firing squad and blow her to bits. Oh no, her final words would drive them all crazy.
Yeah, her voice does sound a little annoying. I haven't listened to that many episodes with her though :?
Last edited by godisawesomeness99 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I haven't watched any episodes with her either. Oh gosh, imagine what Emily would be like in the animated videos. Or, dare I say it... live action. :? *shivers*
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:I haven't watched any episodes with her either. Oh gosh, imagine what Emily would be like in the animated videos. Or, dare I say it... live action. :? *shivers*
Now, now, we all know I can't type...

HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

NOOOOOO!!! NO NO NO NEVER!!!!!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Agreed. I can only imagine my younger cousin Tina.
*shudders*
Debate Vampire

Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Right now it only seems fair to point out that the word is discussion, not disscussion. Unless we're dissing cussing characters...I would endorse that, but I doubt it's the subject of this thread.
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

Gooey98 wrote:Right now it only seems fair to point out that the word is discussion, not disscussion. Unless we're dissing cussing characters...I would endorse that, but I doubt it's the subject of this thread.
Thank you for pointing that out.... Can't believe Arnold didn't beat you to it....

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Yeah we should discuss.... Dale Jacobs.
Debate Vampire

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hey now, character discussion doesn't only imply praise. I don't actually agree with anything I say about Emily, I just do it for the sake of my klub.

I like Dale Jacobs. He was one of the better parents the show had, and it was always nice to have a newspaper man in town.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I never really liked Dale. Please don't ask why.
Proud K.R.E Member
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Why?
*heeheehee*
Was it his voice, or his character?