Favorite Villian

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Who is your favorite villian?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:31 am

Dr. Regis Blackgaard
50%
Mr. Grote
No votes
Mr. Charles
40%
Jellyfish
10%
Philip Glossman
No votes

Total votes: 10

GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

The writers and the actor did a fabulous job of making Dr. Blackgaard actually really scary and menacing. He was the perfect villain.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I would say Dr. Blackard.
Proud K.R.E Member
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Ditto Micky.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

What if Blackgaard came back and kidnapped a kid (e.g. Emily Jones)?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I hope Blackgaard never comes back. The only way to ruin an amazing villain is to overuse him. Besides, a kid was already put in danger the last time Blackgaard was in town—Lucy.

That said, I think my favorite villain is Glossman. Blackgaard is just fantastically diabolical enough to make him Obviously Evil and so I don't really invest in him, but there's a corrupt, slimy, Smug Snake figure in all of our lives. Glossman is realistic enough that his nastiness makes hating him such fun. \:D/
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Glossman came back 1 time in 2008. So, he could come back again.
connie13
Chocolate Chip

Dr. Blackard is dead! He has been dead for about 7-8 albums! There is no way he could come back-I do think thought that he was the best Villain of all! :lol:
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

connie13 wrote:Dr. Blackard is dead! He has been dead for about 7-8 albums!
Blackgaard's actually been dead for something like thirty albums—which makes it even more improbable that he should return.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

connie13 wrote:Dr. Blackard is dead! He has been dead for about 7-8 albums! There is no way he could come back-I do think thought that he was the best Villain of all! :lol:

I agree--even though he's the best villain, he shouldn't return. It would cheapen the ending of Darkness Before Dawn. To have people die in the show makes it more real and gives it more impact.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I noticed on the poll no one besides me voted for Jellyfish. :(
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Ameraka wrote:I agree--even though he's the best villain, he shouldn't return. It would cheapen the ending of Darkness Before Dawn. To have people die in the show makes it more real and gives it more impact.
Even though, from that standpoint, Blackgaard's Revenge cheapened the ending of Darkness Before Dawn, since he technically didn't "die" completely till after this episode.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I personally view "Blackgaard's Revenge" as the unfortunate consequence of Eugene eating some homemade green bean ice cream before bed; we just didn't see him wake up because it was part of a very long sugar coma.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Blackgaard is by far the best, in my opinion. The others are just kind of cliche. I would actually add Richard Maxwell and Monica Stone to the list, as I believe they are the second and third best villain respectively. Charles didn't really have much going for him that Blackgaard didn't have, even if his voice was cooler. :D Jellyfish always kind of annoyed me. Phillip Glossman is certainly interesting, and probably gets number four, but he just can't compare to the wicked awesome coolness of his master. As for Mr. Grote... no. Just no.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

How about Archie? He was an annoying villain. Probably Blackguard will take the cake as the best villain of all times. The Chairman might come in first if he were used more. I mean from what we could tell in novacom; he was pretty evil.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

How about Agent whats-her-name from GRC, or Dirk Beggs!?
Proud K.R.E Member
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

The Old Judge wrote:
Ameraka wrote:I agree--even though he's the best villain, he shouldn't return. It would cheapen the ending of Darkness Before Dawn. To have people die in the show makes it more real and gives it more impact.
Even though, from that standpoint, Blackgaard's Revenge cheapened the ending of Darkness Before Dawn, since he technically didn't "die" completely till after this episode.
He was dead though, physically. The program wasn't really him--it wasn't like the virus was his actual soul or anything. It was kind of a way for him to return without really returning. It may have cheapened the ending of DBD a little, but not as much as if Blackgaard had really come back to life or miraculously survived. Some people wanted him to come back; I think the Final Conflict is the perfect ending for the Blackgaard saga.

Occasional death makes the show more real, because we have to deal with it in real life. And it's final, at least in this world.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Good explanation! I agree! Even though most humans won't create a program like that but... anyway it does make the show more realistic! If there was no death in Odyssey.... if it was a world where death didn't exist.. a fairy tale world the show wouldn't be near as touching.
Proud K.R.E Member
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Micky wrote:How about Agent whats-her-name from GRC, or Dirk Beggs!?
You mean agent Turner?
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

John Henry wrote:What if Blackgaard came back and kidnapped a kid (e.g. Emily Jones)?
Emily would figure a way out. And then Whit and Jason would save the day by chasing away Dr. blackguard. Then Dr would reappear in another episode later.
Girls just wanna have fun!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

John Henry wrote:What if Blackgaard came back and kidnapped a kid (e.g. Emily Jones)?
That would actually be a brilliant way to kill off Emily's character (an event I know the writers have been thinking about for quite some time). ;) :twisted:
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.