Buck And...!?

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Jules and Buck to me seem perfect. I think they should grow together as Christians, if Jules ever does become one.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Hum. She's very different from Connie in my opinion. The show's always bringing up the obvious similarities, it's very cool having an old-Connie like character on the show generations later. But, for instance, Jules has worked out a whole philosopny in which she strongly believes. Connie was just, "I'm not really into God."
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I hope she becomes a Christian, but I also hope they don't take it too far with the Connie parallels. A little bit is fine, but they're two completely different characters, and I really don't want to see a rehashing of the Connie-arc. Jules has her own story.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wakko
Pistachio

Sameriazx wrote:Jules and Buck to me seem perfect. I think they should grow together as Christians, if Jules ever does become one.
Buck hasn't became a Christian yet either.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Wakko wrote:
Sameriazx wrote:Jules and Buck to me seem perfect. I think they should grow together as Christians, if Jules ever does become one.
Buck hasn't became a Christian yet either.
That's true, but he's definitely leaning that way, in my opinion. I really hope that it works out. I wonder what is going to happen to those characters. If they do, it would be an interesting album and I would enjoy it.
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Wakko wrote:Buck hasn't became a Christian yet either.
I bet that he will soon, especially since he is living with the Meltsners.

Ever since the GRC I was hoping that Buck would come back for Emily. Then I thought that Olivia would be a good person for him to be with, especially since she already knows about God and is also about the same age. Olivia could really guide Buck and help him to become a Christian. Now, I think Buck and Jules might be a good idea. I know neither of them are Christians, but with Buck living with Eugene and Katrina and with Jules spending time with Connie..... it could happen soon.

I would like to see Jules' softer-side come out, she seems too irritable and defiant all the time.

I would have to say that I'm in for Bules; but only after they both become Christians.
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

But Jules isn't that way towards the end of Ties that Bind. Also, I doubt Olivia will have much conatact with Buck. She hasn't even had a scene with him.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Emma
Peach Cobbler

I agree with Blitz. I doubt that the writers would put Buck with someone he hasn't met already. Emily and Jules are more likely choices. But still we may wish. And it may even happen. Who knows? We'll just have to find out at the next Adventures In Odyssey Album.
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

We. Ship. Buck and Emily, GET THAT BEAUTIFUL ROMANCE GOING
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I actually see lots of similarities between Jules and Connie (when she first came to Odyssey). Both of them have had rough childhoods and the same father, both are rebellious teenage girls, both are in Odyssey kind of against their will and wanting to go back to California, and both spend time at Whit's End. That might not seem like that many similarities, but when you put it all together, it looks like Jules could conceivably become a Connie clone for the Internet era. But I wonder what would happen if the writers decided to prolong the moment when she accepts Jesus for several albums, possibly even as long as Eugene did. I personally would like to enjoy her character for what it is now for several more albums before immediately turning her into some sort of angel. I'm not saying that she should never become a Christian, but I'd like o see a longer and tougher struggle in the vein of Aubrey Shepard.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Aubrey didn't really have a long struggle. In Under The Influence she had her little 2-part struggle, but I would hardly call that a "long, tough struggle."

If Jules became a Christian, it would be difficult not to make that episode sound a lot like Connie.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

That would be an interesting episode. I can see Connie leading Jules to Christ. The writeres could do another "Connie" episode, but with Jules. I would love to see the parallels between both episodes.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I wouldn't want to see a total remake of "Connie." It'd be predictable and boring.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Actually Audrey's struggle began when she came to Odyssey.
Debate Vampire

Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

In Aubrey's first episode (The Grand Opening I think it was) she struggled a little bit. She struggled in that and Under the Influence, that's all. There wasn't much of a struggle in between.

If Jules became a Christian, I'd like nice long struggle before and after.
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Novatom wrote:I wouldn't want to see a total remake of "Connie." It'd be predictable and boring.
Me either. I do think it would be funny to have similarities between the two episodes though.
Novatom wrote:If Jules became a Christian, I'd like nice long struggle before and after.
I can see it taking a while for Jules to become a Christian, but I think she would make a very good one.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

She also struggled in the episode where Regis comes back. Her struggle runs up until she becomes a Christian. I have listened to that area a bit.
Debate Vampire

Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Okay, whatever. :x Aubrey had a bit of a struggle, but not much!

But this is off-topic. Anyway, I ship Buck and Jules all the way!