Who should marry Connie?

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!

Who should marry Connie

I think Mitch should marry Connie.
17%
I think Jason should marry Connie.
29%
I think Jeff should marry Connie.
17%
I think Eugene should marry Connie.
No votes
I think someone else that has appeared should marry Connie (specify in post)
4%
I think someone new who moves to Odyssey should marry Connie.
17%
I think Connie should be single.
17%

Total votes: 24

John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Who should marry Connie?

So, what is your idea? The ideas are rather shocking to me. There's a lot of imagination going here. Jeff O.o , Mitch :| , Jason :jason , and even Eugene :roll: ! Chose your option!
Last edited by John Henry on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

The "Connie getting married" debate has gone on long enough; I think this fandom seriously needs to move on and let the chips fall where they may.

...That being said, I have a soft spot for Jeff/Connie, if for no other reason than I can actually see it working long-term.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Whit? HORRIBLE!
Eugene? Eugene's Already Married!
Nick? Mahahahahaha!
Jason? Wow! That's Weird - You know there are 101 reasons why they should not be married.
Mitch? Mitch has Maureen.
Jeff? He makes the most sense
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I think Connie will marry Jeff. That's where it appears to be heading. Why bring him back to be in three episodes and not do anything with him?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Yes, I agree. If they had simply brought him back as a character, that would be one thing, but they made a pretty big deal out of the fact that he was Connie's "first love", so I'm not really sure why they would tease that if it isn't going to become important.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Where did Ashley get the idea that Jason should marry Connie? Does she make sense?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

It's not just Ashley; there are plenty of people who think Jason and Connie make a good couple. And as far as chemistry is concerned, they have a point; Townsend Coleman and Katie Leigh have a great deal of chemistry together as actors, and their characters themselves bounce off of each other very well. Whether they're right or not is a matter up for debate.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I chose Mitch, but I know he has Maureen, so Jeff is the next best thing.
Proud K.R.E Member
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Jason or Jeff (Jeff's voice doesn't sound that great though). But that's my opinion

And I personally think it'd ruin Connie's character to marry her.
Girls just wanna have fun!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I don't know. Connie and her husband. You know fights kids screaming. that sort of thing =]
Proud K.R.E Member
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Maybe Connie should marry nobody...Mr. Whittaker?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Maybe this fandom needs to stop obsessing over Connie's love life. ;)

I kid—mostly. I think it's perfectly fine to be invested in Connie finding love; I just think we need to chill out about it, you know? Connie getting married is not the point of this show.
Last edited by TigerShadow on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Micky wrote:I don't know. Connie and her husband. You know fights kids screaming. that sort of thing =]
It might be some of that (which might make for some good stories--conflict). But there'd also be a lot of good things.

I don't think Connie should get married for a while, but I also don't think she should grow old without marrying. She deserves to find someone.

-- Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:09 pm --
TigerShadow wrote:Maybe this fandom needs to stop obsessing over Connie's love life. ;)

I kid—mostly. I think it's perfectly fine to be invested in Connie finding love; I just think we need to chill iut about it, you know? Connie getting married is not the point of this show.
Maybe they do because she's the main female character on the show. :)

But yes, it's not the point of the show, and things can get a little....heated.

Writing fanfic about it is the very definition of obsessing--perhaps it is time to stop?

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Yeah, I thought about the "female lead" aspect. And she's been the perky, kid-loving, fashion-obsessed young Christian woman that, let's face it, a lot of us girls and women, no matter our age, really want to be. I mean, don't get me wrong, I get it; I just think the fandom needs to calm down a bit (and by that I mostly mean "get over Mitch marrying someone else").

As for fanfiction—you're into a fandom and you love writing; it only follows that you'll be writing fanfiction for what you love. I certainly don't think you should stop writing fanfiction; sometimes it's nice to get the feels out by writing about them. :)
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

How come I am the ONLY ONE who voted Connie to stay single??!?!?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Rosy
Cookie Dough

TigerShadow wrote:(and by that I mostly mean "get over Mitch marrying someone else")
I would like to point out that I'm pretty sure I'm the only one left that was really disappointed about this? The majority of people now are Jason/Connie, Jeff/Connie, or just cracking jokes.
I don't know if I'll ever get into another Connie ship, I think I'm just going to sit it out and see what happens.
Ameraka wrote: Writing fanfic about it is the very definition of obsessing--perhaps it is time to stop?
Psstt... you shouldn't. I may not be big into Jason/Connie, but I love reading your stories.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

underseasie wrote:I would like to point out that I'm pretty sure I'm the only one left that was really disappointed about this?
The multiple users on AIOWiki who have spammed and abused Maureen's page because she "ruined Connie's life" tell me otherwise. :/ Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with being disappointed that Connie and Mitch won't get married; you have every right to be disappointed about the direction a show went with its characters. I'm talking about the others who were obnoxious about it, insisting that Connie and Mitch are meant to be despite the fact that Mitch is in a committed relationship with someone else and subjecting Maureen to massive amounts of Die For Our Ship. I draw the line at that kind of behavior.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

TigerShadow wrote: The multiple users on AIOWiki who have spammed and abused Maureen's page because she "ruined Connie's life" tell me otherwise.
Ah. Yes, I must admit that is going a bit far, but I still believe that I am the only active Soda Shop member who wishes Something Old, Something New had never happened.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Well, the obvious choice would be Connie marrying Whit
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

WHATT?????? NO WAY!!! Ahh, not to sink your ship, or anything, but whit is like half a century older than connie... thinkin he'd do better as like, her father figure. Yeah, man he is like WAY to old for her.

-- Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:32 pm --
underseasie wrote:
TigerShadow wrote: The multiple users on AIOWiki who have spammed and abused Maureen's page because she "ruined Connie's life" tell me otherwise.
Ah. Yes, I must admit that is going a bit far, but I still believe that I am the only active Soda Shop member who wishes Something Old, Something New had never happened.
Yeah, well, I think Mitch could have stayed in budapest because, well, how would U feel if U were connie? Maureen didn't ruin connie's life, she just coulda kept it to herself and left the AIO fans guessing about Mitch. ThatsJustMyOpinion.
Last edited by Connie G. on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games