Personality types of characters

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Personality types of characters

So what personality types do you think the Odyssey characters have, according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator? (For those who are familiar with it)

a simple graph of how it works:https://www.cpp.com/products/mbti/index.aspx

Test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

It can be hard to guess what someone else is, but it might be interesting to try to figure it out.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Jeffster
Vanilla

The ones I'm pretty sure of:

Whit - ENFJ
Connie - ESFP
Eugene - ENTP
Tom - ISFJ
Bernard - ISTJ
Blackgaard - ENTJ

Since the online Odyssey Adventure Club started, I'm going through all the episodes from the beginning, so my guesses on a few of the kids from the early years:

Donna Barclay - ESFJ
Robyn Jacobs - ESFP
Jessie Morales - ESTP
Rodney Rathbone - ISTP
Isaac Morton - ISTJ
Lucy Cunningham - INFJ

I'm making my way through the 1991 season now, I'll maybe remember to update this if I come to any more conclusions as I go. ;)
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Jeffster wrote:The ones I'm pretty sure of:

Whit - ENFJ
Connie - ESFP
Eugene - ENTP
Tom - ISFJ
Bernard - ISTJ
Blackgaard - ENTJ
Regis or Edwin?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I actually wanted to make a chart for this with the second generation of Odyssey kids—mostly because I'm just weird that way. I made art for it and everything, but I haven't had the chance to get the thing made.

Sarah: ISTJ
Mandy: ISFJ
Aubrey: INFJ
Trent: INTJ
Kelly: ISTP
Grady: ISFP
Alex: INFP
Dwayne: INTP
David: ESTP
Cal: ESFP
Marvin: ENFP
Max: ENTP
Liz: ESTJ
Tamika: ESFJ
Seth: ENFJ
Jared: ENTJ
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I am Alex. He seems kind of like me...

It's always hard for me to guess what someone else is--I'm afraid I might get it wrong or something.

I was thinking Jason's ESFP...would you say that was right?

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

That could work for Jason, but it seems more accurate for Connie. I think Jason might be more ESTP or ENTP—they tend to be the more mischievous, think-on-their-feet types.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

See? I am no good at it. I should not have even started this topic. I have been writing stories about Jason in particular since 2012, you'd think I'd know what personality type he is.

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

With how confusing my own personality type is, I have a hard time deciphering other people or character's personality, except for I or E. :P

However, on your list, TigerShadow, it's seemed to me that Sarah is more of an E than an I?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I think she would straddle the line, most likely (though to be perfectly honest, it kind of came down to who I thought was a better fit for the ESTJ type, and to me Liz works better in that role). Sarah strikes me as the kind of person who likes being around other people and being in charge, but is also pretty independent and is irritated by others when she's around them long enough. She reminds me of me, in a sense, because I barely preferred E over I.

This is where I did it for my own "chart", so to speak; it's easier than going through and taking a seventy-something question test: http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html

Also, Ameraka, you can look at some other visual charts—when choosing mine, I preferred to compare the character's personality with what I read on the chart. There are some for Harry Potter characters that I used, and there's also one for MLP and the Disney Princesses (and just about every other fandom under the sun, haha).
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Whit - ENFJ
Connie - ESFP
Eugene - ENTP
Tom - ISFJ
Bernard - ISTJ
Blackgaard - ENTJ
I'm fairly sure Blackgaard would fall under INTJ. It is true that he can speak well, but this is certainly not limited to extroverts. I would tend to think that he would not seek out the company of people, or rely on social gatherings (of whatever type). Instead, he's completely confident in his own abilities and shows contempt for those around him. He seems to be strongly sensitive to his surroundings (noticing that Jellyfish dropped his spare clothes). Another trait that he shows, that I associate with INTJs (like myself ;)) is that he shifts well to manipulated personalities. In the Name Not a Number episodes, he acts as a kindly gentleman, secret agent, double agent, and tragic hero, and deceives everyone. Additionally, "Mastermind" suits him rather well.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Agreed. That makes a considerable amount of sense, actually.

I have some thoughts on the others:

Jason: ESTP
Richard Maxwell: ENTP
Jack: INFJ
Joanne: ISFJ
Jenny might be an ESFJ, but I'm not too sure.
Jeffster
Vanilla

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:

Whit - ENFJ
Connie - ESFP
Eugene - ENTP
Tom - ISFJ
Bernard - ISTJ
Blackgaard - ENTJ
Regis or Edwin?

Oops, sorry, meant Regis. My snap guess on Edwin would be ENFP but I haven't heard very many episodes with him yet.

-- Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:15 pm --
T.S. (myself) wrote:

Whit - ENFJ
Connie - ESFP
Eugene - ENTP
Tom - ISFJ
Bernard - ISTJ
Blackgaard - ENTJ
I'm fairly sure Blackgaard would fall under INTJ. It is true that he can speak well, but this is certainly not limited to extroverts. I would tend to think that he would not seek out the company of people, or rely on social gatherings (of whatever type). Instead, he's completely confident in his own abilities and shows contempt for those around him. He seems to be strongly sensitive to his surroundings (noticing that Jellyfish dropped his spare clothes). Another trait that he shows, that I associate with INTJs (like myself ;)) is that he shifts well to manipulated personalities. In the Name Not a Number episodes, he acts as a kindly gentleman, secret agent, double agent, and tragic hero, and deceives everyone. Additionally, "Mastermind" suits him rather well.

All good points. My father is an example of a charming INTJ. ENTJ was my first guess, based on his consistent bravado.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

ESTPs are outgoing, straight-shooting types. Enthusiastic and excitable, ESTPs are "doers" who live in the world of action. Blunt, straight-forward risk-takers, they are willing to plunge right into things and get their hands dirty. They live in the here-and-now, and place little importance on introspection or theory. The look at the facts of a situation, quickly decide what should be done, execute the action, and move on to the next thing.
https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ESTP.html

I just looked at this for a different character I'm working on. It does sound like Jason.

Jeffster
Vanilla

Having heard much more than I did the last time I posted in this topic (I'm up to the beginning of 2014 episodes now) I have a few more type guesses to make.

Jason - ESTP
Jack - ISFJ
Joanne - ESFJ
Wooton - ENFP
Penny - INFP
Mitch - ISTP

Erica Clark - ESFP
Liz - ESTJ
Mandy - ISFJ
Aubrey - INFP

More later when I think of them. :)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I thought Liz and Mandy were ESTJ and ISFJ as well, but I thought Aubrey was more of an INFJ. She could probably work either way, though.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Dang, I just found out I'm an ENTJ (from a personality test) and now I see that you classified both Regis and Jared as ENTJ. O.o
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I am Grady (ISFP).
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Wow, we're exact opposites. O.o
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:Dang, I just found out I'm an ENTJ (from a personality test) and now I see that you classified both Regis and Jared as ENTJ. O.o
I wouldn't go solely by a personality test. I've gotten a wide range of types, and to be honest your answers can be also greatly influenced by your mood that day. Finding out what type really are is something you have to figure out yourself, mostly. Just saying. ;)
꿈. 희망. 전진.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

There's actually a better personality test out there called the Big Five, and it basically shows your range of characteristics on five scales rather than locking you in to one type or another. The five types are Openness to Experience (being willing to try new things versus being more traditional), Conscientiousness (being responsible versus being a bit more haphazard), Extroversion (whether you get energized by interacting with others or you get drained by it), Affability (openness and trustfulness or wariness around others), and Neuroticism (being prone to stress versus being more easy-going). Essentially what the Big Five does is measure your personality as a spectrum rather than being one extreme or another, because most people don't fit into a "type" (I've read somewhere that a group of people took the MBTI and then came back a while later and took it again, with over half the people getting different results because they displayed traits of the dichotomies that made them similar enough to fit in either one).

One person basically compared the MBTI to the zodiac signs in terms of its scientific reliability. Both are fun to play around with, but they don't necessarily represent the facts of personalities—simply put, most people are not one side or another. It's great to have fun with, absolutely, but finding your one "type" out of the sixteen shouldn't stress you out that much. :)