The Actors of Mr. Whittaker

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Of all the actors who have voiced the character of Whit, who did you like best?

Hal Smith
40%
Paul Herlinger
60%
Andre Stojka
No votes

Total votes: 20

MilkandEggs
Strawberry

Who is the Best Whit?

Vote for your favorite Whit, personally my favorite is Paul Herlinger.
It’s not about the stand we take, but the grace we give
It’s not about the name we make, but the life we live
Heard about a King who stepped down, took my place
True Love gave His life away
It’s love that lights the way
~Family Force 5
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Hal Smith. He set the role of Whit, and his portrayal is always enjoyable to listen to.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
MilkandEggs
Strawberry

The Old Judge wrote:Hal Smith. He set the role of Whit, and his portrayal is always enjoyable to listen to.
The reason Paul is my favorite is because I thought he played the classic Whit as well, for an actor to really trick me like that is just incredible.
~Family Force 5
Mara
Pistachio

I definitely prefer Paul and Hal over Andre, but I can't decide whether I like Paul or Hal better. They're tied, so I shall not vote in the poll.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

MilkandEggs wrote:The reason Paul is my favorite is because I thought he played the classic Whit as well, for an actor to really trick me like that is just incredible.
I believe Paul grew increasingly into the role over time. If you listen to The Search for Whit, Part 2, when Paul debuts, it sounds rather different than Hal's voice. By the end of Paul's tenure, he had worked most of the kinks out, and was able to give a very convincing impersonation.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
MilkandEggs
Strawberry

I haven't heard the Search for Whit yet.
~Family Force 5
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Really? Are you listening from Album 1 through?
MilkandEggs
Strawberry

I don't understand.
~Family Force 5
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

You said you have not heard The Search for Whit yet. I was inquiring as to what way you listen to AIO? (Random episodes, from Album 1 thru present album, story arcs, what?)
MilkandEggs
Strawberry

I just listen to the ones I have over and over again, and when I have the money or find a good deal I buy them.
~Family Force 5
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

Yeah, me too. I have not the money to listen to all of them in order, so I just listen to the ones online, and buy a new album that looks interesting when I get an iTunes gift card for Christmas or something. I've listened to about 70% of the episodes so far, but not in any particular order.

Paul Herlinger is my favorite because most of my Whit experience has been with him as the actor. Andre Stoijka (spelling?) seems too new, and I don't especially like any of the older episodes. Paul is just the Golden Age of Whit, in my opinion.
MilkandEggs
Strawberry

GratiaDei wrote:Yeah, me too. I have not the money to listen to all of them in order, so I just listen to the ones online, and buy a new album that looks interesting when I get an iTunes gift card for Christmas or something. I've listened to about 70% of the episodes so far, but not in any particular order.

Paul Herlinger is my favorite because most of my Whit experience has been with him as the actor. Andre Stoijka (spelling?) seems too new, and I don't especially like any of the older episodes. Paul is just the Golden Age of Whit, in my opinion.
I am so putting you in my friend list.
~Family Force 5
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

"Golden Age" typically refers to the peak of anything, I agree, but most of the time it occurs early on. The Golden Age of comics was years ago, and slowly they digressed to Silver Age and Bronze Age. The Golden Age of the Roman Empire occurred shortly after the Republic absolved into the Empire. As such, I believe the Golden Age of Whit occurs during Hal Smith, not only because he set the bar for the character of Whit, but also he really helped define what Odyssey would be as well.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Paul Herlinger is the best. I didn't like Hal Smith's voice as much as his.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Hal had a warmth about him. Paul was sorta able to pull that off but so far I haven't got that feeling from Andre.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Yeah, I liked Hal's warmth to his voice (which kinda reminded me of my grandpa). He's the classic, original Whit. I actually think Andre's doing a pretty good job; he sort of sounds like a combination between Hal and Paul. I'm just glad that we are able to have Whit even after Paul died. (I do wonder how long we can keep this up though. Will we always get a new Whit? Or will Odyssey be possible without him one day? Or will Odyssey stop when Andre dies? Probably a long way off. Anyway.)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
MilkandEggs
Strawberry

I say before Andre retires the AIO team should write Whit's death in an entire Volume, and in Whit's will it should say that he's giving Whit's End to Connie, Eugene, Jason, and Wooton. Or he gives it to someone no one would expect.......Richard Maxwell. And in the end Jason needs to marry Tasha or Monica. Wooton marries Penny. And Connie marries.....(I really have no idea, so I'm just throwing some characters out there) Richard Maxwell, Jeff, or Edwin. (Okay, I'm joking about Edwin.)

I also think Connie's dad and sister should become Christians.
~Family Force 5
Wakko
Pistachio

Andre's Whit doesn't have a single vote. xD
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Honestly, it takes me really paying attention to think about whether I'm listening to Paul or Hal. Their voices are different, but so similar, that they both have that "Whit" feeling.

Andre, however, I just haven't gotten used to yet, though I really do think most of it is the fact that when I got into AIO, Paul was Whit. So, having him not be Whit in the newer episodes is still a shock.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Blitz
Moose Tracks

No one likes Andre. Poor him. ;)
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset