Bernard is gone.

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bernard is gone.

Dave Madden, the man behind the voice of Bernard Walton passed away this morning.

He was 82.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peop ... s/4531497/
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

:(

I am really sad about this. :/ Bernard was one of my favorite characters, and Dave brought him to life quite spectacularly. Needless to say, he will be missed.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Wow. Thank you for sharing this, Blondie. But I really can't read that article right now. I... think I'll just go outside for now. Thank you for telling us. God bless him.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Mara
Pistachio

Bernard was one of the best characters. He will be dearly missed. I'll be praying for his soul.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

:( That sucks.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

At least it seemed he was put out of his misery. Congestive heart and kidney failure is something I would never want to deal with. Interestingly enough, his role in Adventures in Odyssey did not appear in the article. Hopefully a more detailed obituary will come out sooner.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

Bernard was a great character, and I agree that Dave Madden played him wonderfully. :(
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

awwwwwwww man..... I liked bernard..... too bad :(
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I was looking at the AIO tag on Tumblr and I saw that Dave Madden has passed away.
:cry:

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I just saw this, and felt like a piece of my childhood passed away.... Maybe that's too melodramatic, but Bernard was one of my all time favorite characters. He will be greatly missed! :cry:
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

That's so sad. I don't know much about Dave Madden as a person, but I have always loved the character of Bernard.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Wakko
Pistachio

:( That's so sad... Bernard was my favorite character, and Dave was an amazing actor. He'll be greatly missed.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

when I found out about this, I cried for half an hour. Maybe more. I... I don't know how to explain it. I feel like a part of my childhood was just swiped right out from under my feet. And I just fell. And fell hard. I died inside when Walker passed, and I died inside tonight.

Rest in peace, Dave. You'll forever be apart of our memories.
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

Wow, that's really sad. Bernard was one of my favorite characters, and he always made me laugh. I will really miss hearing him. Rest in peace, Dave Madden.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Oh, my. I am actually in tears right now. I guess... I guess he's gone. Not just are character, who has been gone for a long time, but... Dave himself. He'll always be in our hearts.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Purple Panda
Strawberry

That's really sad, I just can't think of AIO without Bernard. He was one of the funniest characters and always made any episode better. We'll all miss Dave Madden.
“I’m not a psychopath. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock Holmes
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

This is very saddening. Just thinking about him being gone is very disheartening. Goodbye Dave.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

*cry's hysterically* GONE! :cry: He was my favorite character EVER! He always brought that dry, sarcastic humor! But at the same time was very kind and caring. We're gonna miss you Dave! *waves*
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Heaven's gonna have some really clean windows on those mansions now.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

The Old Judge wrote:Heaven's gonna have some really clean windows on those mansions now.
TOJ, I could hug you. This quote made my day.