Jules Kendall

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Do you like Jules

YES
59%
Eh who cares?
35%
Nope
6%

Total votes: 17

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Jules Kendall

Okay, people, it's been weeks, weeks and weeks since 57 was released on the radio and online, digitally, and on CD.

Jules, played by the awesome Shona, is *cue Jae's dun dah dah from Holy Hoopster* is Connie's sister. Which... we all pretty much guessed anyway. (Well, ahem, I did anyway.) The excitement started when Blondie posted a messed up hint from Brock, and guessed the new character, who's name we as yet didn't know, was Connie's sister. From there on, theories raged. Especially on the ToO, where they guessed a million things from the return of Regis to Connie getting pregnant (!?!) and never came close. Eat your heart out, ToOites.

So, the question, after all that excitement, which no one seems to be paying much attention to, is...
What did we think of her!?

The Pound Foolish vote is that Jules was likable and used excellently in the plot. When she said that her name is short for... I almost died! That was one of the most brilliant things Paul McCusker or any AIO writer and director has every pulled out of his Imagination Station.

Her scene with Connie after the funeral was one of the most fascinating of the three parter. Here, Connie was so confident, knew beyond any doubt, that her mother is in Heaven. And here Jules reminds us not everyone is Christian Odyssian. And she didn't merely roll her eyes at Connie's objections to the contrary. Which is really quite key. The episode would have been far less if Jules had said, "Hey, you don't know what to believe, I don't know what to believe, nobody knows what to believe."(Wish Woz.) Instead, she defended her point of view with mature capability. AIO did something it rarely does. It reminded us, "Other people do think differently than you and me. This isn't simple. There are other defensible points of view."

Plus, it was just plain fun. It was fun and exciting (spelled with a C) for Connie to have a sister, it was fun to see her meet Wooton and Penny, it was fun for her name to be... HA HA HA!

And I'd say Shona did an incredible show. In fact, I don't still wish Anya had won. Okay, I lied. I'll always wish that. My last words on my death bed will be, "Why didn't Anya win?" But the important thing is, Shona nailed her part. Love Get in the Show, or hate it, Shona shone.

"Let me tell you, I was pretty impressed with Shona before, but now, I'm amazed." Jess Harnell

"Unexplainable things usually are pretty hard to explain." Jules
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Helios
Butter Pecan

*beep* It's Anya. :P

But other than that, I liked your article. WOW!!! Connie has a sister? Is that on the mom's side or the dad's side? (sorry, I didn't actually ever really like listen to the episode...what's it called again?) :D
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Whoops! Ohmygosh, that is too funny. I fixed it, thanks. Audra wasn't in GITS, Audra is... well... never mind who Audra is. None of your business.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Helios
Butter Pecan

Audra...isn't that the girl you have a crush on? *eyes goggle* Ohoohooh, Poundy ma'am, now we know what you dream of at night (tho I'll admit, I once dreamed of yelsew and Metal at the same time...it had something to do with ramen noodles and Canada...don't ask...) ;)

But seriously for once, I actually liked Shona best. Anya ranked low on my list the first time around, but then I warmed to her. They're both great, but Shona was best for the part. And again, what side of the family is Jules on? :D
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

I was a fan of Annalise and Anya more than Shona, but I do like her. After all, we are apparently related. -_- (Long story. It's hilariously ironic considering my dislike of GITS, although I'm not as against it as I used to be.)

I thought she was great in the role of Jules. Buttttt, I don't think she should have been the one to play her. And that is only because I want Jules to come back again, and it's highly doubtful they will bring Shona back, unfortunately. I love the idea of Connie having a sister, and I want to see more interactions between the two. Plus, I mean, when you find out you have another sister, she doesn't suddenly drop off the face of the earth...
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Agent 86
Caramel Crunch

By the way... She's her......
HALF-SISTER!
This is a block of text. I'm not sure why I put this here, or why you are reading this. Well, I guess I should say something witty here.. I'm not going to, but you'll probably stick around just in case I change my mind. Um.. Running out of things to say.. Wait, you're still reading this? OK, that's too much, stop. Seriously, STOP.
Rebel.
http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Wakko
Pistachio

Jules was a good character and I hope they do more with the character. However Shona was overly publicized with all those commercials and the constant posts about her on the aio Facebook page.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

In the first place, they had only two adds with her that played with their shows online, big whoop, and they only had about five or six posts about her on the Facebook page, I believe. Even if it was more, posting about someone on a facebook page is hardly over-publicizing. If anything, considering that Shona was the end result of hundreds of dollars sank into podcasts, organizing, publicity and that live-show, they under used her. I wouldn't rant so much about this except that so many people have had the exact same utterly ridiculous complaint, as if someone was forcing them to listen to those couple of adds or read those facebook posts. It gets tiresome. Plus I just like to rant.
Anyhow, the point: get. Over. It. Thank you.
Wakko
Pistachio

I wasn't saying there were several. There was just the same one or two played repeatedly on the daily broadcast.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Pound Foolish wrote: Jules, played by the awesome Shona, is *cue Jae's dun dah dah from Holy Hoopster* is Connie's sister. Which... we all pretty much guessed anyway. (Well, ahem, I did anyway.) The excitement started when Blondie posted a messed up hint from Brock, and guessed the new character, who's name we as yet didn't know, was Connie's sister. From there on, theories raged. Especially on the ToO, where they guessed a million things from the return of Regis to Connie getting pregnant (!?!) and never came close. Eat your heart out, ToOites.
Made my day, #SSRULEZ #longlivetheSS
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I liked Jules a lot. Generally, if a non-Christian comes on the show, they don't raise a lot of common arguments against Christianity. The questions and points that Jules brought up really made me think.
ejmade
Caramel Crunch

I loved Jules!!!! I hope they use her in the future!
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? the Dark side... and the Light
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Bobbymac, true you never exaggerated their number, There's so much fun packed inside Clubhouse magazine, you'll wonder how we keep it from exploding! *Boom!*" If I hear that one more time, I may find where they print clubhouse magazine and make the place explode. And you know I'll do it.

Ha ha, why thank you, Fodo. And yes, the SS does rule, and how! (So does Emily, but in that respect our opinions differ.)

Audrey, lovely post, but why do you say it's more unlikely they'll bring Shona back than Anya or Annaliese?

Oh, er, why yes she is, Helios. Have you read every word on ever topic here, sir? I thought I had gotten over her.... :roll:
Helios
Butter Pecan

Ooooo, Poundy, I'll help with the explosives! :D

Sorry, I happen to have eyes that SEE. :D So yes, I did read...not everything, but close enough. Ma'am. :P
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Audrey wrote:I thought she was great in the role of Jules. Buttttt, I don't think she should have been the one to play her. And that is only because I want Jules to come back again, and it's highly doubtful they will bring Shona back, unfortunately. I love the idea of Connie having a sister, and I want to see more interactions between the two. Plus, I mean, when you find out you have another sister, she doesn't suddenly drop off the face of the earth...
I agree, when I first had the idea of Connie's half-sister..I had someone very different in mind for the part...it was..er...me.. *hides* :P
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Audrey wrote:Plus, I mean, when you find out you have another sister, she doesn't suddenly drop off the face of the earth...
I doubt AiO will let her drop off the face of the earth. Since Jules was a pretty prevalent part of the episode, not necessarily a main character, but pretty high up there.

Though I bet she'll be in album 58... but only a mention of her. XD

She might be in album 59, but it's too far away to speculate. (Probably somewhere around fall 2015. :( That hurts to think about.)
God's Girl wrote:I agree, when I first had the idea of Connie's half-sister..I had someone very different in mind for the part...it was..er...me.. *hides* :P
Bwaha! I'm sure a lot of people thought that. XD
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Nelson S. wrote:Though I bet she'll be in album 58... but only a mention of her. XD
Maybe, I just hope we non-OAC members are even allowed to ever hear album 58.
Nelson S. wrote:God's Girl wrote:
I agree, when I first had the idea of Connie's half-sister..I had someone very different in mind for the part...it was..er...me.. *hides* :P
What puzzles me though, is how on earth Brock could've known it would be "Bill Kendall's daughter" and not son. GITS was open to both boys and girls, and both boys and girls were semifinalists. However, only girls were finalists. Gasp. Was the whole thing rigged? It was. And I just saw a bird with a very suspicious looking beak.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Pound Foolish wrote:
Nelson S. wrote:Though I bet she'll be in album 58... but only a mention of her. XD
Maybe, I just hope we non-OAC members are even allowed to ever hear album 58.
Nelson S. wrote:God's Girl wrote:
What puzzles me though, is how on earth Brock could've known it would be "Bill Kendall's daughter" and not son. GITS was open to both boys and girls, and both boys and girls were semifinalists. However, only girls were finalists. Gasp. Was the whole thing rigged? It was. And I just saw a bird with a very suspicious looking beak.
He gave this clue, when they were in the recording studio...so it isn't that off or anything..

If he had given the clue before the semifinalist was chosen, then yeah, it would be suspicious..but at that point, Shona was the only one in the running.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Jules was a great character all though we heard little from her. But that presents another question, "If we do here from Jules again will Shona play her?"
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I don't think this is a topic? Anyway I don't like her or love her. I think she is quite 'strange' in a way. She is different and that's good! But I don't think she's special. What do you think?
Proud K.R.E Member