OAC Episode Discussion

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Only some one who makes a ton of money... or some one crazy will get it. It would be easier for someone who really like AIO but can't afford to get all of the albums.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Samuel
Vanilla

I am SOOO HAPPY!! I won a FREE one year membership through the A.C.T.S! Contest! I was a third place winner!
Samuel is cool! :)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Wow, that is so cool. Congratulations. Um... Can I bribe you for it? No? Darn.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

How is $15 a month ($180 a year) an, as they put it, small investment?
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

My sister asked for 'one month of OAC' for Christmas!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

It would be a nice Christmas gift! But the whole $180 would be a lot for one person's gift in my family.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Ameraka wrote:It would be a nice Christmas gift! But the whole $180 would be a lot for one person's gift in my family.
But if you were the family Odyssey nerd, you'd be greatly indebted and admiring of whoever did it, because the connotative meaning of the gift would be, "You realize I love you so much that I paid $180 of my hard-earned money to buy something that wasn't worth more than $50." :)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
OdysseyFan
Chocolate Chip

Ready for Launch!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Mehhh... Have fun without me!
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

OdysseyFan wrote:Ready for Launch!
BLASTOFF! ;) well it's finally out. I watched the countdown from 3... 2... 1!!! But nothing happened. ;) so I waited a little bit, but then decided I would just set my alarm for 5:50 Am. But that didn't wake me up. But I finally was able to sign up around 8:00 or so. OAC here we go! So how many from here are joining? Now I do understand about the cost being quite high. But if you look at it as your way of blessing a show that has blessed you so much. It makes it much more bearable. ;) well, I hope to see lots of you there!
Mara
Pistachio

yelsew wrote:But if you look at it as your way of blessing a show that has blessed you so much. It makes it much more bearable.
That is a good point, Yelsew!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I signed up. I wasn't sure I wanted to pay the $, but hey it's what I pay for my phone each month. I like it already. I like the format, I like the fact I can listen to any episode whenever I want, I liked the first episode! The devotions are cool too. So as of now, I do not regret my decision. :)

Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I'm glad you like it, Ameraka. I just can't bring myself to pay for it. :/

Having all the episodes would be nice, but I'd much rather own them. Feel like I bought them and know that I'll have them for a long time. With the OAC, it doesn't really have that same feeling.

And I don't really like mission themed episodes. Not that don't like mission stories, it's just I'd rather hear a day-in-the-life episode. That and mission stories don't really hold my attention for that long. I love that AiO is "collaborating" with an organization for a mission based ministry. FOTF and AiO characters spreading the Gospel to those who need it.

But I could honestly care less about the new episodes.
JuniorMints
Vanilla

Eh, No, I'm not going to.
It sounds like Fun, though :)
Mara
Pistachio

Nelson S. wrote:Having all the episodes would be nice, but I'd much rather own them. Feel like I bought them and know that I'll have them for a long time. With the OAC, it doesn't really have that same feeling.
I agree. I'd much rather have the albums for my whole life.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Precisely. You may or may not continue to stream all those episodes. With the cost of streaming over 700, probably not.
Happy for you though, Yelsew and Ameraca. (Though speaking for myself, I hope the OAC will die a death, no, die a wretched death.)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

*sigh* The OAC. Ugh. Right now, I'm trying to pretend it doesn't exist. I actually wrote so much on this topic here that I just moved it over to a blog post xD Long story short, I don't like it because of the price and the exclusive episodes. It could be a good idea in theory, but the execution was not good whatsoever. Right now, I think I'm going to wait a bit. Missionary stories aren't really my thing anyway, so I'm not super interested in the Launch. I hope they release the episodes or something to the public, because I really do want to hear them. I just don't want to pay $180 to do so. I'm 15. I don't have a job besides the occasional underpaid babysitting gig. Of all the things I want to spend money on, it's not going to be a site that has episodes that I've already heard/own with one new episode a month. And I'm sure it's not the parents' top priority either. But I am interested in how this is all going to work out.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Mara
Pistachio

I agreed with pretty much everything you said on your blog, Audrey.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Hm, now you are making me feel guilty for getting it. I do really want to hear the new episodes. But if I'm going to pay $15/month, why not buy one album a month (although they cost a little more than $15)? I only have a couple albums because of the cost.....our family couldn't afford to buy all of them and now that I have some $ of my own it's still a lot (If I just get the new ones as they come out it isn't bad; especially this last album, which I somehow got for 3.99...). I could share the cost with my family....I could cancel on PRinciple-- but it's not a principle I feel as strongly about as some do. Oh well. My two cents. Or however many cents that was worth.

Mara
Pistachio

Despite how I dislike the OAC Club, I tried out to be a host for it yesterday at FOTF. I got a call back and I'm going back today!