Monty Whittaker

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Do you want Monty Whittaker to come back?

Yes! He is my favourite character. :D
22%
I guess it would be nice to hear from him. :|
70%
He's okay, but I wouldn't really want to hear from him again. :?
9%
No way. He's the worst character! :x
No votes

Total votes: 23

Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I don't really have an ideas of what to do about it (so I will just reply here) but I really would like Monty to become a consistent character. I don't want him to replace Jason though; I wondered if Jason could be a kind of mentor to him. I'm not really ready for Jason to totally settle down either(I don't think it's in his character)---it would be fun to see them on some adventures together.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Aioaddict
Vanilla

a agree with you on the part of Monty replacing Jason, but being realistic and knowing the writers, Jason probably will never get back in the agency. The mentor idea is a good thought.
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Monty is awesome it would be lots of fun if Monty would become a consistant charecter because we need someone on th case besides the "elementary" Jones and Parker Detective Agency. Mitch and Maureen could do it " Kathy are you reading?" but Monty would be fun too
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

They have enough recurring characters. But on the other hand, if Jason is truly an antiques dealer permanently, Monty could inherit the sarcastic quip machine.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Oh, I'd love for him to stay! His life is terribly interesting and full of action! I was thrilled to see his returning. I never thought about him replacing Jason, (which I really would not approve in the least bit of) but I like Amerka's idea of the doing a few adventures together.
There are so many lessons to be learned in the episodes involving so much mystery, chaos and drama that these boys bring- I'd hate to see them drift away now that Jason is sort of "settling down". (Besides the bits of excitement the J&P Detective Agency brings)
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

It would be interesting to hear about his spiritual life. An episode where we learn about his beliefs could be really good.
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

Guys, look at it this way, Connie was 2 maaabye 3 years younger when we last saw Monty (a little over 20 years ago) , and now it wouldn't be strange if they started dating (age wise at least)! He could come in every once in a while, but, him and Connie should NEVER be in the same room.
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Uh...why not?
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

they could but it's just like
Monty "Hi"
Connie "You've grown up so much!"
Monty "And you....... have not."
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

Well, they handled the episode where Lucy comes back quite well, plus the one where Jimmy is in Washington. I don't see why they can't pull off many wonderful episodes with grownup Monty and Connie in the same room.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Connie and Monty...that would so nice. They seem to have a hidden understanding between them, maybe because their respective parents are divorced. But Connie's so much older than him, maturity-wise.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

How so? Monty seems to be a dedicated, brave, intelligent young man. And Connie is highly intelligent, but she can be... touchy.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Helios
Butter Pecan

Touchy? Like me?

Lol, bad joke. :P

Monty is very brave, but also a little reckless (like his uncle). He doesn't have the wisdom that comes with age and experience. Still, he's a little young for Connie, who's positively ancient by now. :P
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I agree that Monty is a little young for Connie. Plus, we still don't know if he is a Christian. Focus on the Family has made it pretty clear that they don't think Christians should date non-Christians, and I agree.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Monty not a Christian?

Boy, that would be weird. How could he NOT be one? I mean, he spends so much time with Whit. You'd think Whit would have mentioned it by now or something.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Right, Helios. Monty needs to be cautious, just like Jason.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Jason? Cautious?

Surely you jest. :D

But yeah, like Jason. Monty could learn a lot from him. I wonder if they'll have an episode where uncle and nephew get to work together. :)
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I think it would be awesome to hear Monty's back story. He can't just appear like it's no big deal! He's Whit's grandson!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
connie13
Chocolate Chip

Do you think that Monty Whittaker will be in any future albums? Maybe even get married? or settle in Odyssey?

"I know your not a flake"-Connie Kendal Green Eyes Yellow Tulips
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I hope so!

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI