John Avery Whittaker

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

andre is doing a great job, i mean, filling the roll of whit is an EXTREMELY hard job, and he's doing really well, but, on the other hand, he does NOT sound like whit. i mean, everything else is good, but, i don't know, he's voice just doesn't "get" whit, you know? his voice is higher than hal's was and paul's was, it's a bit weaker (nothing wrong with that), and, i don't know, doesn't really 'click" for whit. other than that, you have to give the guy credit. that's just my opinion ;)
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I think he is doing a great job! Recently I listened to an episode with Andre as Whit then I listened to one with Hal as Whit and I heard some amazing similarities that I don't think we notice. We usually notice how different he sounds.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Okay, I was on the old Whit's End site, and I saw this picture, which I think is supposed to be young Mr. Whittaker.

~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

That is just frightening! I imagined him to be handsome and debonair.... That.... isn't. :lol:
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

That is exactly what I was thinking, Liz'alike. That picture doesn't look like the voice of the young Whit sounds. But there are several pictures that are on the Whit's End website that I don't think look like the voice sounds.
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Sunshine wrote:How much do you know about John Avery Whittaker, his family, and his life? (Click on the sentence) I don't think I've posted this quiz here yet. I'd love to hear your results.
Sunshine posted this on the Campbell County and I wanted to see your results. :D
^^ Props to Belle ^^
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

That's a great quiz! I got three wrong. :(

Do you know where Sunshine got the information to create it? I have the older Odyssey Guide from 1997, and it said Jana was born in 1953 and Jason in 1959, making them only 6 years apart, not 9.
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

No, I don't know where she got the info, but I'll try to ask her. :)
^^ Props to Belle ^^
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

Oh thanks! I would appreciate it. :D
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

100% Oh yeah! I'm so good!
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Did you look at MG's (Meltsner Girl) first post?
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

.... I still got them all right! :lol:
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

i got 1 wrong...wait...maybe it was 2
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Wow. There's just to much to say there.

"Thank you, God, for John Avery Whittaker." Yeah. I totally made that up.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I had a conversation with friends about who should be on the $1,000,000 bill if they made one. My friends suggested Chuck Norris. I suggested John Avery Whittaker. Of course, they didn't accept this, so I tried to explain to them why.

Chuck Norris
Has some cool jokes.
Played on Walker, Texas Ranger
Amazing martial artist

John Avery Whittaker
Wrote for National Geographic
Saved hundreds of soldiers' lives in WWII.
Crowned King of Muldavia, saving it from Communist rule.
Wrote his own encyclopedia
Develops highly intricate computer programs for the Department of Defense
Worked for the National Security Agency
Founded Whit's End.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

@The Old Judge, Comparison... I think not.

Whit is a amazing, Godly man! Who couldn't love his wit, charm, and honesty! And his 50's pants! :D
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

"Crowned King of Muldavia, saving it from Communist rule. " WHAT!?
in which episode is this!?

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

An Act of Nobility. Have you never heard of this one? You should listen to it on the Whit'send.org player, and then tell me what you think. Or I could just give you a summary... But yes, Whit gets crowned as the monarch of a little-known Eastern European country.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

NateVONgreat wrote:"Crowned King of Muldavia, saving it from Communist rule. " WHAT!?
in which episode is this!?
An Act of Nobility.

And while it's not actually comfirmed that it is John Avery Whittaker in the story (the man in the story goes by James Armer.) the watch given to James Armer sounds to be the same as one Whit pulls from his pocket.

This is an interesting episode, and I love the The Prisoner of Zenda parody. (Another The Prisoner of Zenda parody I enjoy is The King Lives? from Get Smart) :D
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

The Old Judge wrote:

Crowned King of Muldavia, saving it from Communist rule.
Was it specified that it was from Communist rule?

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI