Jones and Parker Detective Agency

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Jones and Parker Detective Agency

Do u like their agency? My best friend (besides Jesus) and I have a detective agency! Its called AandK agency. Its so fun! We have a baking agency, detective, disaster, babysitting, gardening, and i think thats all. Do any of u have any agencies? Or any ideas for us?
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I like the Jones and Parker detective agency!! What kind of mysteries do u solve in your detective agency?
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

I really really like their detective agency.
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

SparkyHappyGiraffe wrote:I like the Jones and Parker detective agency!! What kind of mysteries do u solve in your detective agency?
mental popcorn
We once had some stealing going on at our school so we got clues for that case. Then we had a case about 2 guys who we think stole money at our kids camp. just like the jones and parker agency we havent had a case for awhile :(
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Oh... well I hope you get a case soon!!
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

gabbygirl17 wrote:
SparkyHappyGiraffe wrote:I like the Jones and Parker detective agency!! What kind of mysteries do u solve in your detective agency?
We once had some stealing going on at our school so we got clues for that case. Then we had a case about 2 guys who we think stole money at our kids camp. just like the jones and parker agency we havent had a case for awhile :(

Those sound like pretty cool mysteries. Keep us posted on a all the other mysteries.
Katerina Meltsner
Emily is ANNOYING
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

I will! :mrgreen: We are going to camp Monday together so if anything happens I'll let u all know!
T.S. (myself) wrote:Frankly, I was disappointed in the 'detecting'. I think that a past post of mine may help to share my feelings.

"...but Emily and Matthew's 'detective skills' seem utterly unrealistic and contrived. In the real world, we don't simply introduce ourselves that way. "Hello, nice to meet you. My name is _______, and I love to tinker. Tinker, Tinker, Tinker....". What if, instead, as we grow to know a character, we also naturally learn of their talents? I believe that Penny's painting seems authentic, whereas Emily's detectivating is without rhyme or reason. With Penny, we hear the styles and names of painters, we hear of different scenes and eras. Emily seems to come to conclusions randomly, and she uses no logic whatsoever. Unlike Penny, Emily never actually WORKS for her skills, rather, she stumbles upon them. What if, instead, she read up on Sherlock Holmes, and dropped hints and reasons on how to recognize clues, instead of making it seem so easy?

Anyway, I would have to say that I am growing to enjoy the Parkers more and more. I have some issues with the presentation of the 'detective work' and 'tinkering', but overall, they are worth listening to."

I don't have a problem with the detecting, its the way it was executed. AiO has always been special in the way it has presented the relationship between adults and children. The children, in major plots, have always helped in one way or another, but they have never been the star of the show, the superheroes who swoosh in at the last moment, and save the victims from the flaming building. Many secular sources of entertainment do this, with the children 'proving' that they can 'save the day'. AiO has done a good job in the past with balancing the differences between adults having leadership and the children still having God-given abilities. However, with the detective agency, I feel that Emily and Matthew often are thrust into the midst of a crime WAY over their heads, as a way to include kids. This is not how the real world works, and AiO has always modeled the real world while giving us a new perspective. However, I could not have possibly liked the way they handled Emily and Matthew in the GRC any more. They were able to be of service, providing valuable information in the ways that they could, while not being the ones to 'save the day'. In contrast, in 'Something Old, Something New', Emily and Matthew were shoved into a plot, not even doing detective work, it was more of snooping. I don't feel that the detective agency is beyond repair, with a little reality, a little more 'not being the star, but serving God and others' attitude, and some tips and facts on how real detectives work, I think that the agency could become one of the highlights of the next few albums.

T.S. (myself)
me and my friend read books about detective stuff. It helps
Last edited by gabbygirl17 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Frankly, I was disappointed in the 'detecting'. I think that a past post of mine may help to share my feelings.

"...but Emily and Matthew's 'detective skills' seem utterly unrealistic and contrived. In the real world, we don't simply introduce ourselves that way. "Hello, nice to meet you. My name is _______, and I love to tinker. Tinker, Tinker, Tinker....". What if, instead, as we grow to know a character, we also naturally learn of their talents? I believe that Penny's painting seems authentic, whereas Emily's detectivating is without rhyme or reason. With Penny, we hear the styles and names of painters, we hear of different scenes and eras. Emily seems to come to conclusions randomly, and she uses no logic whatsoever. Unlike Penny, Emily never actually WORKS for her skills, rather, she stumbles upon them. What if, instead, she read up on Sherlock Holmes, and dropped hints and reasons on how to recognize clues, instead of making it seem so easy?

Anyway, I would have to say that I am growing to enjoy the Parkers more and more. I have some issues with the presentation of the 'detective work' and 'tinkering', but overall, they are worth listening to."

I don't have a problem with the detecting, its the way it was executed. AiO has always been special in the way it has presented the relationship between adults and children. The children, in major plots, have always helped in one way or another, but they have never been the star of the show, the superheroes who swoosh in at the last moment, and save the victims from the flaming building. Many secular sources of entertainment do this, with the children 'proving' that they can 'save the day'. AiO has done a good job in the past with balancing the differences between adults having leadership and the children still having God-given abilities. However, with the detective agency, I feel that Emily and Matthew often are thrust into the midst of a crime WAY over their heads, as a way to include kids. This is not how the real world works, and AiO has always modeled the real world while giving us a new perspective. However, I could not have possibly liked the way they handled Emily and Matthew in the GRC any more. They were able to be of service, providing valuable information in the ways that they could, while not being the ones to 'save the day'. In contrast, in 'Something Old, Something New', Emily and Matthew were shoved into a plot, not even doing detective work, it was more of snooping. I don't feel that the detective agency is beyond repair, with a little reality, a little more 'not being the star, but serving God and others' attitude, and some tips and facts on how real detectives work, I think that the agency could become one of the highlights of the next few albums.

T.S. (myself)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I Like it! It's cool that they use there Imagination! There Kids it's not gonna be Big at first!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

I love the Jones and Parker Detective Agency!! What about you?
Katerina Meltsner
Emily is ANNOYING
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

'Tis very enjoyable. I hope they keep doing it.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Not really. It's kind of boring.
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

fodo14 wrote:Not really. It's kind of boring.

I don't think that it gets boring.
Katerina Meltsner
Emily is ANNOYING
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I Enjoy them immensely! It shows that they have imagination!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

HannahJ. wrote:I Enjoy them immensely! It shows that they have imagination!
Ooh, really? I think it shows that they're bored and nosy. I do not like the Jones and Parker Detective Agency! It had potential, but the only time I didn't mind it was in Something Old, Something New, when it wasn't a major plot point. Honestly, I think they should use it like that. Episodes like Game For a Mystery and Stage Fright just aren't good. That's just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it!
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

CreativeThinker101 wrote:
HannahJ. wrote:I Enjoy them immensely! It shows that they have imagination!
Ooh, really? I think it shows that they're bored and nosy. I do not like the Jones and Parker Detective Agency! It had potential, but the only time I didn't mind it was in Something Old, Something New, when it wasn't a major plot point. Honestly, I think they should use it like that. Episodes like Game For a Mystery and Stage Fright just aren't good. That's just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it!
My point is that there kids who Want to Be..
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

►I think it would be awesome if they had a mystery to solve in the I.S.!◄
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

What's I.S.
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

The Imagination Station
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Hooray for the Jones and Parker Detective Agency! May it always be funny exciting, may Matthew always groaningly go along with it, and may Emily always be bossy, and wear green! Oh, and solving a Imystery in the IS! That would be unforgettable.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury