The Last Sentence in Adventures in Odyssey

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Whit is about to die in the hospital. You can hear many flashbacks from episodes. Connie, Eugene, Tom, and Bernard are crying at his bedside when he says with his last breath he will ever breath he recites John 3:16 then says in a weak voice says, "The best is yet to come."
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well, that would be effective. Well done, Shnoodle... do you cut your hair like a french poodle? (You won't get that if you're not a Veggietales fan.) For me, whatever the setting, it would have to be...
Connie: "I love you, Whit."
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I can imagine it being something like this:
Eugene: Fare thee well, I must depart! *door jingles*
Wooton: Yeah, I gotta go! Sweet dreams! *door jingles*
Connie: Goodnight Whit. Have a good night! *door jingles*
Whit: It's been a good night.....I better turn in. God, thank you for this day and the people in it. Bless them all. *sighs wearily and walks away*
Whaddya think?
Simple and pure. Nothing over the top. I want a nice ending with a good feeling that makes me think "Goodbye Odyssey. I'll miss you, but you've had a good run. A very good run."
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Why Joy, that was well done and said. Thank you for that. If Odyssey ended that way, we'd be quite contented.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Reddo
Strawberry

It should be Chris giving the address and saying not to tune in next time
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

Should there be an Amen at the end of Whit's sentence.
And for the last episode, I don't want it to be extraordinary. I want it to be good. Very good. Beautiful in simplicity.
Perhaps everyone sits down and talks about old times, and what everyone (Jared, Lucy, Jack, Donna, Jimmy, Mandy) is up to. Maybe some sort of small plot, but something to make us feel contented, like the story has been finished. None of Whit dying or anything. No.
I think "The best is yet to come" is a bit.....too expected, you'd automatically think Whit would use it for the last episode.
Chris should say something like that in the outro, but not Whit. Like "The best is yet to come for you." Or somethin.
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

How about simply "The End."
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Or go the one word route and have a character simply say "Bye." A bit anticlimactic, maybe, but... it might work.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I think the last line will be Whit saying: "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

Connie saying "I love you whit." Then whit says, "I love you too
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

That would be weird O.o lol
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

Liz'alike wrote:That would be weird O.o lol
Why? sentamental moments FTW!
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Liz'alike wrote:I think the last line will be Whit saying: "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."
A fine idea, Liz. Grand sounding and touching. However, Whit has likely quoted Dickens at some point. But it's certainly not characteristic of him. And need I remind you, this would be emotionally flat for the rather large I-hate-Dickens association. However, as a thought on emotion and drama, that's a lovely idea.
But about Godisaweomenss' post, there's nothing wrong with that idea. Is there any real reason that wouldn't work? "I love you" is the simplest and most powerful statement in existence.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Oh boy... You'd better not start a Wooton Stinks Klub.

How bout this? :twisted:

Whit: Connie, I have great news!

Connie: What?

Whit: Emily is finally dead! Now we can p-a-arty!

(Disco music plays and Whit and Connie dance with joy)

Connie: (laughing) What do you say we invite everyone over for a lil celebration?

Whit: That sounds wonderful! Let's try to get the rest of the Jones family kicked out of town!

(Whit and Connie laugh evily)

Connie: Great idea! I'm so glad all is well in Odyssey... now that Emily's dead!

(More disco music, AIO ends)

How's that for a last sentence? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
*snicker* *snicker* *giggle* *short laugh*

*reads again*

*laughs hysterically*

Best thing I've read all day!!!!! ROFL

-- Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:56 pm --

Chris saying to not tune in next time would make me go into withdrawal. No kidding.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

godisawesomeness99 wrote:Connie saying "I love you whit." Then whit says, "I love you too
I actually think this would be a very appropriate way to end the show.Or something close to that such as Connie saying "Whit, thanks for putting up with me all these years." and Whit saying "That's what love is." And Connie, "I love you too Whit."

It would definitely depend on how they led up to this moment, but it's really not an uncharacteristic thing for either of them to say. Whit thinks of Connie as a daughter, and they have this special "friendship love". This episode could have a major tragedy happen, and as they resolve it an bring around the conclusion those words would close the episode as if to say; It would end it on a truly dramatic note, showing the love and loyalty of the main characters in Odyssey.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

It could be all the main characters shouting "Bye!!" or something.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Oh boy... You'd better not start a Wooton Stinks Klub.

How bout this? :twisted:

Whit: Connie, I have great news!

Connie: What?

Whit: Emily is finally dead! Now we can p-a-arty!

(Disco music plays and Whit and Connie dance with joy)

Connie: (laughing) What do you say we invite everyone over for a lil celebration?

Whit: That sounds wonderful! Let's try to get the rest of the Jones family kicked out of town!

(Whit and Connie laugh evily)

Connie: Great idea! I'm so glad all is well in Odyssey... now that Emily's dead!

(More disco music, AIO ends)

How's that for a last sentence? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ROTFL...just....ROTFL.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

It is so wonderful for Connie and Whit to have an Emily-Is-Dead party. Shall we have a Bernard is dead, Liz is dead, and Lucy is dead party too?
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Pound Foolish wrote:It is so wonderful for Connie and Whit to have an Emily-Is-Dead party. Shall we have a Bernard is dead, Liz is dead, and Lucy is dead party too?
#Win

That is all I have to say.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:It is so wonderful for Connie and Whit to have an Emily-Is-Dead party. Shall we have a Bernard is dead, Liz is dead, and Lucy is dead party too?
Those are great ideas, PF! :) Thank you so much for suggesting them! :D
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.