What will happen to Davey Holcumb?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

What will happen to Davey Holcumb?

The AIO world is abuzz! Davey Holcumb has mysteriously disappeared from the world! He made a brief cameo in Stars in Our Eyes, but he was an adult! Talk about how angry you are that Davey Holcumb has not returned in this awesome topic!
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Well, we know he is in Hollywood, but he could have made another cameo in The Best Small Town. I'm surprised they never used him any more as a kid.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

The Old Judge wrote:Well, we know he is in Hollywood, but he could have made another cameo in The Best Small Town. I'm surprised they never used him any more as a kid.
I know. He was the main character of the very first episode, (Well, Whit was the main character. He was a secondary character.) but they never used him after that. Isn't it hard to imagine that Whit didn't even know who Connie was for the first five episodes? I can't imagine Whit's End without Connie!
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I don't know..
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

HannahJ. wrote:I don't know..
Yeah, that's kind of the point of this topic. It's just pointless. No one knows what'll happen to Davey! They just ended his character after the first episode! Have you noticed that they did that a lot in the early days? Craig Moorhead and Freddy from The Life of the Party never returned again. There are a lot of other examples in the first three volumes or so. I guess Odyssey was still trying to get into one group of kids.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Remember Lightning Livingstone? He was a good character, but he was only in two episodes, and one of those he said only one or two lines.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

The Old Judge wrote:Remember Lightning Livingstone? He was a good character, but he was only in two episodes, and one of those he said only one or two lines.
I know! They should bring him back! Didn't they use the actor who played him a few other times after that?
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Actually, I checked on that just a few days ago on the AIOWiki. They said no, he didn't.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Oh, okay.
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

I don't think Davey is coming back. So nothing will happen to him I believe.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

C-guy wrote:I don't think Davey is coming back. So nothing will happen to him I believe.
Okay, same here. This whole topic is kind of a joke.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I can't say as I'm all that huge a fan of Davey Holcumb. As he wasn't used much, unjust though it was, he was never developed into a very interesting, likeable character. But I DO agree he's an important part of Odyssey's history. If there was any justice in the world, Davey would come back! However, in the beginning, Odyssey did tend to have kid-stars for one show, with one specific problem solved in a show, and then ditch him/her. EG: The Day After Christmas, Nothing to Fear, so on and so forth.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Yes, I would think that's because they were still experimenting with new characters, trying to find kids that would be perfect for the rest of the series. So, in Album 1, they tried a million different kids, none of which were very successful (that's one of the reasons why it's not one of my favorite albums) and then they got The Barcalys and Jack and Lucy, and used those kids for quite a while. As for Davey, his cameo in Stars In Our Eyes was just something to make the fans nostalgic. He's not coming back.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

This is an old topic, but I shall cast my opinion neverthelesss-- which would have to be that I wasn't a very big of a fan of Davey in the first place, so its not a hug deal to me that he is now a bit of history, I guess you could say. I'm also in agreement with Pound Foolish, he is definitely a big part of AiO history and I still listen to those older episodes starring Davey with fondness. It's fun to go back and listen to episodes with those older characters at times. I'm so wrapped up with the newer characters and the new episodes, that sometimes I forget about the kids like Davey and such from the beginning of AiO times.=)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Well, he was really only a kid in one episode, and honestly, I didn't find him to be too likeable or unique.