Lester

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

MeltsnerGirl91 wrote:I've only heard No Way Out once, so I don't remember it all that well. I do have "Invisible Dog" though. I think Lester has one of the biggest, most pure hearts. He is smarter than other people think he is. I think he just has problems with connecting with reality sometimes. Odyssey did a great job with his character. I have an autistic brother, so I have a little insight some people don't have.

Great idea bringing this up, Arkan!
You left the accent off the á! :o

-- Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:17 pm --
CreativeThinker101 wrote:This topic has been mentioned on The U.S.S. Response.
This topic has been mentioned on The U.S.S. Response Response. =P

-- Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:03 pm --

The Invisible Dog is coming up on whits end on the radio on August 29
~ Walker in Dreams
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

The Invisible Dog is coming up on whits end on the radio on August 29
~ Walker in Dreams
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

I always saw ralph as a kind of version of the dog from Toy Story (not slinky, but Andy's dog). I'm not sure why...
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I saw Ralph as a beagle/lab
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I always imagined Ralph to be a mut. Maybe a lab mix...
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I saw Ralph as a English Cocker Spaniel.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Arkán, if you are out there, I listened to the Invisible Dog finally! The ending lines were very unexpected on my part. It was a great twist.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I am kind of out there. My internet is still having problems.
~ Walker in Dreams
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Okay. Internet problems are so exasperating sometimes.

I really enjoyed the episode. I didn't like Trent's intellectual persistence, something about it seemed very foreign and contrived. The rest was well done, and believable too, an element I have come to cherish. Lester caught me completely off guard with his response to Connie after Trent left. The odyssey group seems to have thought they had figured Lester out, but in reality it was he who had a better grasp on everything around him.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

Lester. That's a name we don't hear often. you wanna know why? Let me explain. So, Lester shows up in no way in/no way out. He then appears in the invisable dog.... so you get all pumped, thinking he's gonna be a recurring character. But guess what? He only shows up in one more episode. giving him a total of 4 stinking episodes! :?: Why? Ok, done ranting now :lol:
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Laster was a great character!! I absolutely loved him!! He needs to come back!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

That is strange that they only had him appear in 4 episodes... Why? I enjoyed the perspectives of his character. Though maybe they thought his perspectives were similar to Wooton. Both Wooton and Lester has a more childlike persona... Just an thought.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Characters just come and go. After all, either a character inspires the writers with new storylines, or they fade from the idea-exchanging sessions. Listeners may have many ideas, but that doesn't mean the writers did. And after all, a show can only do so much. For every character in the spotlight, there's ten in the dust. Odyssey, like all long-running shows, is simply full of good characters who are left behind because they fail to inspire scripts or never gain popularity with listeners. It's sad and inevitable.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
jennakyler321
Cookies & Creme

I <3 Lester!
We should ask Brock on WE to see if they can bring him back!
Jen
Gods love is like a warm cup of coffee you can't get enough
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I, like many others, wished Lester would have stayed. Why he didn't, I'm not sure. Maybe they didn't have an idea for what they'd do with him in the future, with him being mentally handicapped and all, it might be a bit more difficult...although I do wish they'd have more characters like him. People like Lester play a big part in our everyday life, and learning how to relate and love them is a good thing to know. So many children and adults who may be mentally handicapped or disabled are bullied, ignored or viewed as strange, maybe even sort of weird.

But...they aren't.

They are beautiful. They are special. They are fearfully and wonderfully made. They long for attention, for love, just like everyone else. They are human, with feelings.

We miss you, Lester.
Emms
Vanilla

I thought lester was kind of creepy. :|
Wakko
Pistachio

I think lester and wooton should be roommates that would be hilairous!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

I can't say I don't miss Lester as well, but PF's right- lots of characters only last a few episodes. Look at Colby Cabrera. He served his purpose as a character (which lasted a grand total of only 3 episodes), and then was dropped.

That's one of the hardest things about AIO. They create so many good characters, it's hard to say goodbye to any of them, but if we didn't they wouldn't be able to continue creating more characters for us to meet and enjoy stories with.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

I miss Lester! He was a great character.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Maybe Lester could have a crush on, like, Connie (oh my) or some other person who is totally not for him, and they let him down easy, and the episode is about being nice to people who are mentaly handicapped?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates