Elect a Mayor of Odyssey

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

mayor

Trent DeWhite
25%
Jules Kendall
6%
Penny Wise
25%
Douglas Helm
No votes
Aubrey Shepard
No votes
Jay Smouse
25%
Mr. Charles
6%
Camilla Parker
6%
Robyn Jacobs
6%

Total votes: 16

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Elect a Mayor of Odyssey

Odyssey is electing a new mayor. The candidates are:

Connie Kendall
Eugene Melstner
Valerie Swanson
Barrett Jones
Matthew Parker
Dr. Blackgaard
Mandy Straussberg
Jared DeWhite.
Lucy Cunningham Schulz
and... EMILY!!!

Who do you vote for? Hurry! The voting ends the first of February.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

I would say dr blackard to get everyone annoyed, but I'll just say eugene
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

EMILY!!

*breaks out into the Emily Anthem*
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I voted Connie. I'm sorry to my other dear Emily lovers, but I believe Connie would benefit the entire town of Odyssey.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I, as well, do apologize to my fellow Emily lovers... But, I would have to say Lucy would be my choice.
She, I believe, would benefit the town even more so than Connie. So, that is my final answer. =)
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

Jared would definitely be the best choice here.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Humph. Oh bother, how can my unloyal members do this? I vote Emily. Emily shall henceforth rule Odyssey!
Although Blackgaard would also be an excellent choice.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Pound Foolish wrote:Humph. Oh bother, how can my unloyal members do this? I vote Emily. Emily shall henceforth rule Odyssey!
I am not unloyal, I am stating a simple fact judging from several obvious statistics.
Compared to all of the above, I think Lucy would be the better, and best choice of the group.
She's grown, for one thing. She's strong, and independent. Yet, works with others well. She's observant, and has a level head on her shoulders. Plus, she's been around for forever. She could bring the past back, without totally destroying the possible modern future.

And... *Coughs* I don't think they let 11 year old super sleuths run the town these days, PF. ;)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

But Emily would be excellent at figuring out solutions to problems, moving things ahead fast through throwing out diplomacy, and would never compromise on any issues. Besides, Lucy has a marriage to attend to, she'd be distracted.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Pound Foolish wrote:Besides, Lucy has a marriage to attend to, she'd be distracted.
Um... "Years" have went by since that story. By now they would have already been married and lived happily ever after.

I'm sorry, I stick to my first vote. ;)
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Pound Foolish wrote:Humph. Oh bother, how can my unloyal members do this?
Unloyal? UNLOYAL?!?! I just fought off any army of attacking monkeys, just to further the Emily Loving Cause!! Humph. And it's not like if I were to change my mind or anything, I'd be able to change my vote..*hint, hint*
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

"Hint hint?" Oh... yes, I see your point. I was more concerned with berating you than with the lesser priority of righting the problem. Very well, the poll is now set so you can change you vote. hint hint...
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Thank you, PF. Though I still couldn't bring myself to vote for Emily, as it seems to me that if she didn't like being a judge, she would hate being mayor. Then I had the hard decision of whether to vote for Wooton or Jared, I finally settled on Wooton. He'd be an awesome mayor.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I shall vote Blackgaard. What an excellent candidate! He will serve the town well.
Wonderful options, Pound Foolish.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

In my mind, Lucy is the best option. She has experience in interpersonal communication, she has a strong sense of integrity, and she has always been wise and mature beyond her years.

Emily lacks many of these qualities. She is passionate, and willing to fight for her beliefs, but she does not have the experience or maturity to temper this with patience and wisdom. She lacks a clear path in her life, and is still shaping what she would fight for.

Mandy would also make a good candidate, but I believe she would prefer the quiet of her personal life to the hum of a political one. She has great passion and drive for her writing, but she would struggle to stand under the pressures of a mayor.

Valarie. See earlier topic. ;)

Jared lacks the maturity and clear foresight to wisely govern the town of Odyssey.

Eugene has many of the talents required for a mayor, especially financially and economically, but he would not make a good politician. He would much prefer to work away from the peering eye of the media and public. His work would overshadow the importance to him of the mayoral office.

Connie would make a decent choice. She has organization skills, can relate to almost anyone, is quick on her feet and would deal with the social mayoral aspects easily. She might struggle with the policy parts of the job, though.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Suzy Lou Foolish wrote:I shall vote Blackgaard. What an excellent candidate! He will serve the town well.
Wonderful options, Pound Foolish.
But Blackgaards..... DEAD? O.o

I voted Jared. Plain and simple.
Fili
Caramel Crunch

DR BLAGARD
I was Bart rathbone
in the character klub
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Lucy?? Seriously?? EMILY PEOPLE!!!
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

I applaud you, Liz.
^^ Props to Belle ^^
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

It was a toss between Wooton and Lucy, but I finally voted Lucy. She already seems like the perfect person to be mayor. Wooton would make the town fun and could provide a great sense of justice, but I think he'd be unhappy because the job is too serious.

However, I do think Emily would make a good mayor too, one day. Maybe she could study under Lucy and succeed her. ;)

-- Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 am --

I just showed this to my sister, and I might have to change my vote now. She told me that Whit would make the best mayor ever; he's an obvious choice. If he were added, I would change my vote to him.