Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Stella C. wrote:Suzy, I love you even more!! :D
Thanks! I love you, too!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

You don't like Tasha? One question: why!? And apparently, you don't either, A. Sad.
As to Monica, that was an excellently put post, and I certainly understand your feelings. But your writing makes it seem the moment when we learn of Monica's motivations was the turning point in your feelings toward her. Would that be correct? If so, that is reasonable. But truly, Monica's flirting with Jason is more fun and sweet. Yes, it was also "seductive." Very much so. But what are we truly objecting to there? That she does her job well.
And then there's Monica's affections. One can tell, just listening, the very first time you hear the episode, that Monica is truly falling for Jason. "It's... just a matter of finding the right guy to spend my life with." On the one hand, not yet knowing of her motivations, we dislike her as a villain, on the other, we admire her prowess and bold flirtation. And she loves him. You hear it. It starts as play-acting. But you become what you pretend. The lego-lover becomes an architect, the doodler becomes a painter, and I know from experience the fantasy make-believers and the ones who arrange toys into stories become writers. And so, Monica loves Jason.
Now, that by itself isn't much. But here' the thing.
Jason loves Monica.
That made me like her. We saw Monica truly bonding with someone. She wanted Jason. Jason wanted her.
It was beautiful.
And suddenly, she wasn't just a cool villainess with a gun. She was a cool villaness with a gun who loved someone.
Different.
On the other hand, as far as Monica's brother, what made Monica's actions "admirable"? I do agree with you. But why? After all, if Hitler truly and strongly believed with his heart that all he did was right and good, would it be "admirable?"
I would agree that Monica's actions were admirable. But it's puzzling just how or why. She was brave and faithful and unselfish, certainly. But in a terrible way the destroyed her.
In any case, Monica is, indeed, the best match for Jason.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I've stayed out of this debate for a little bit, but now I'm going to add in my two cents. I don't think any of the ladies that have been mentioned are right for Jason. Tahsa is not a Christian, and so far she thinks that Jason is dead. With Amy, there really wasn't a "click", and with Monica, their whole "relationship" (if you can call it that) was based on deception. I'm not against Jason marrying, but I feel that we haven't met the right girl for him yet.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
EmilyLBean
Chocolate Chip

God's Girl wrote:I've stayed out of this debate for a little bit, but now I'm going to add in my two cents. I don't think any of the ladies that have been mentioned are right for Jason. Tahsa is not a Christian, and so far she thinks that Jason is dead. With Amy, there really wasn't a "click", and with Monica, their whole "relationship" (if you can call it that) was based on deception. I'm not against Jason marrying, but I feel that we haven't met the right girl for him yet.
You forgot about Connie!
Emily
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Yeah! What about Connie... Connie + Jason!!! It seems obvious to me...
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Liz'alike wrote:Yeah! What about Connie... Connie + Jason!!! It seems obvious to me...
Oh, yeah. Well, I also typed that out on my kindle at midnight, so part of my mind wouldn't have been there.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

God's Girl, what fiendish things to say! Jason and Monica's relationship is beautiful. Beautiful. BEAUTIFUL. (If you've been keeping up with this topic, you've been presented with a number of good reasons why it's beautiful, which you didn't even try to refute.) ... Pant pant. But I understand that was just a quick little expression of your opinion. It's still disgraceful though...
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
EmilyLBean
Chocolate Chip

On the episodes "For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll" Parts 2 & 3, the dynamic between C+J is pretty cool. I don't think I really considered that duo before listening to those episodes! I know it seems unlikely, but I think it could be an awesome plot development, especially if Jason is in Odyssey to stay (since traveling the world doesn't appear to interest Connie at all).
Emily
penny wise
Vanilla

He should totally get maried!
Cindy Sewer Rat
Vanilla

Connie Kendall and Jason Whittaker... (sighs) They are absolutely meant for each other. They HAVE to get married! Or at least fall in love! I know some friends will not agree with me, but who does?
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

When I first heard the idea of them together, I was pretty shocked since Jason is so much older. The more I hear the episodes and think about the idea, the more I like it. :) I'll definitely support it if that's what the writers decide.
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

It would be nice for Connie to finally marry someone, but I would prefer for Monica Stone to come back and marry Jason.
^^ Props to Belle ^^
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

I really liked her. :)
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

MeltsnerGirl91 wrote:I really liked her. :)
You are awesome! :D
^^ Props to Belle ^^
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

Haha, thanks, and so are you! I haven't heard those episodes with her in it for a long time though.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I so agree. I mean Home Again Part 1 and 2, Jason and Connie where so flirting it up IN THERE! 8) 8) :jason I totally predict that their gonna get together.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I have one word for you:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
They can't get together! It would be terrible! Odyssey would cease to be as we know it, if Connie and Jason fell in love...ugh.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

underseasie wrote:I have one word for you:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
They can't get together! It would be terrible! Odyssey would cease to be as we know it, if Connie and Jason fell in love...ugh.
Well you better get ready cause.
There totts getting together ;)
IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

fodo14 wrote:
Well you better get ready cause.
There totts getting together ;)
IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!
No, here are to tots that are getting together.
Jason and Connie, I'm hoping they're not.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Oh, goodness. I really hope that they don't.