Rodney vs. Vance (or Jay)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Who do you like better?

Rodney
17%
Vance
No votes
Jay
83%

Total votes: 18

Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Rodney vs. Vance (or Jay)

This is a topic to decide who is better - Rodney or Vance (or Jay). I really like Rodney the best (he's so funny!) , but by album 50 he was like 16 years old, then the hiatus gave the Odyssey team an excuse to replace Rodney with Jay. But Jay isn't as bullyish as Rodney. You can especially see this in Album 55. Since Jay isn't much of a bully they brought in Vance. He is Odyssey's new bully. What does everyone think of this? Who do you like better? Rodney, Vance, or Jay.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Jay is better. I like him because he's not inherently a bully, but when he does do something bad he gets put in his place. Also, in "Mistaken for Good", we see he has a heart. Why do you want some heartless brute on the show? Also, though Vance doesn't have a heart, he gets punished for his deeds, whereas I can never remember Rodney being punished for his shenanigans.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

The Old Judge wrote:Jay is better. I like him because he's not inherently a bully, but when he does do something bad he gets put in his place. Also, in "Mistaken for Good", we see he has a heart. Why do you want some heartless brute on the show? Also, though Vance doesn't have a heart, he gets punished for his deeds, whereas I can never remember Rodney being punished for his shenanigans.
I COMPLETELY Agree! There is Hope for Jay to become a christian and make right choices!
Rodney is a really funny guy but is mean.
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Jason
Cookies & Creme

While all three of these characters can be looked at as "bad seeds", all three of them had/have their place on the show.

What I especially liked about Rodney was that he remained his atheist/antagonist point of view all the way to his end. The show needed a good antagonist/atheist. Which I believe is the parts that Jay and Vance are playing. While I know they need more than anything to become Christians, I also know that it may be for the good of the show that they remain non christians. It provides more conflict that way.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I like them all, but Jay is absolutely hilarious! Its kind of sad, though...ya know. I hope they all learn to be kind and loving...I love those episodes that sometimes show what a softy they can be, like what The Old Judge said up there^ in "Mistaken For Good". The end kind of made me want to cry.:')
Last edited by Suzy Lou Foolish on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

The Old Judge wrote:Jay is better. I like him because he's not inherently a bully, but when he does do something bad he gets put in his place. Also, in "Mistaken for Good", we see he has a heart. Why do you want some heartless brute on the show? Also, though Vance doesn't have a heart, he gets punished for his deeds, whereas I can never remember Rodney being punished for his shenanigans.
My thoughts exactly.:)
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

suzylou wrote:
My thoughts exactly.:)
yep :P
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

It's a hard choice between Jay and Rodney.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I've always disliked Vance. He's a poor villain. They seem to have, purposefully or not, broken Rodney in half: Vance is his mean side, and so, entirely boring and one dimensional. Jay is his funny, unintelligent, endearing side: mean, but not incapable of enjoying spending time with his fellow kids. In short, he's a bit more interesting than terrific Rodney, much as I hate to say it. And he's certainly better than Vance King. Anyone would be.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury