How did you come to find out about the SS?

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

the Valiant wrote:Well fodo was on it for a while and I knew about it but wasn't interested. I had some real live friends to talk to about AiO already! But then people started talking about the BBP and make comments so my interest was peeked. I joined later but didn't really talk. I tried once or twice but kinda got the cold shoulder. It wasn't until weeks later when Kaida commented that I was 'spying' on those talking in chat that I actually was accepted.
Sorry you felt that way in the beginning. I always enjoyed reading your posts, and you've been one of my favorite posters since you joined. I enjoy people who are honest, and opinionated, it makes for interesting conversation.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

Val you are awesome!! I'm sorry you felt like that, if I was here back then I would have given you a big welcome! :D
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I saw this on the Odyssey Scoop in May, when the SS first came out, but, for some reason, I didn't want to join. Later in June I really got into the ToO, so I decided to join other boards. So, on June 16th, (ironically, the date of the AIO live show I went to) I decided to check this place out, and I've been posting ever since... I kind of regret not joining earlier, as I could have witnessed the beginnings of the SS. But, oh well...
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
the Valiant
Caramel Crunch

Aaron Wiley wrote:
the Valiant wrote:Well fodo was on it for a while and I knew about it but wasn't interested. I had some real live friends to talk to about AiO already! But then people started talking about the BBP and make comments so my interest was peeked. I joined later but didn't really talk. I tried once or twice but kinda got the cold shoulder. It wasn't until weeks later when Kaida commented that I was 'spying' on those talking in chat that I actually was accepted.
Sorry you felt that way in the beginning. I always enjoyed reading your posts, and you've been one of my favorite posters since you joined. I enjoy people who are honest, and opinionated, it makes for interesting conversation.
Really? Cool. I thought my opinionated and blunt ways would put me at the end of everyone's 'Favorites' list. That's nice to know although I wouldn't have stopped being so honest if everyone hated it ;) . If you're going to be nice, I guess I'll be nice too and say that I feel the same about your posts. You always have some interesting twist and your wit adds that needed humor.
You're a sweetheart Marybeth--I know you would have.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Renae wrote:My story involves A dear friend :D
I have a faio account and have had one ever since it was introduced on whitsend. It was always really boring there and I had only one good friend called Josh :D
One day I noticed that there had been a new user to come on, so I commented on his page and welcomed him. Later he pmd me and thanked me for the comment, he also told me about a much better site called the soda shop and his account there :D I promised him I would check it out and later even I made an account there. This kind young man then introduced me to all his friends and since then I have considered you all my second family, a home way from home (:

This young man is named Noah, or as we all know him... Wooton(:
wow, thanks Renae.

ONCE APON A TIME.....(yeah, I know, my story's already boring.) ehem....ONCE APON A TIME I signed up for Odyssey Scoop newsletter, checked my emails. I got an email from OS about the SS...I joined.....um...........THE END!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Wooton Bassett wrote: ONCE APON A TIME.....(yeah, I know, my story's already boring.) ehem....ONCE APON A TIME I signed up for Odyssey Scoop newsletter, checked my emails. I got an email from OS about the SS...I joined.....um...........THE END!
A true epic. Well told Noah, good show.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

the Valiant wrote:
Aaron Wiley wrote:
Really? Cool. I thought my opinionated and blunt ways would put me at the end of everyone's 'Favorites' list. That's nice to know although I wouldn't have stopped being so honest if everyone hated it ;) . If you're going to be nice, I guess I'll be nice too and say that I feel the same about your posts. You always have some interesting twist and your wit adds that needed humor.
You're a sweetheart Marybeth--I know you would have.
I like people who are blunt and opinionated. They are interesting, and a good laugh. You're funny and interesting, which is why we all like you!

So, one day, I was on the Odyssey Scoop, checking things like I normally do. And I see something for the SS. So I sign up. Make a few posts, and kinda disappear. Come on once in a while, but that was about it. Then I decided to make more of an effort.
I find that I blend in the background more, but that's okay with me. It's what comes of being the fourth non-admin to join.
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme
Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey

I was on the Whitsend website and clicked on the link for "Where Odyssey is Not" about a year ago. I really liked the Odyssey Scoop and was exploring on day in August when I noticed and explored the SS. I joined about 15 minutes later, and the rest is history! :D
Oz the Great and Powerful is Great and Powerful!!!!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Aaron Wiley wrote:
Wooton Bassett wrote: ONCE APON A TIME.....(yeah, I know, my story's already boring.) ehem....ONCE APON A TIME I signed up for Odyssey Scoop newsletter, checked my emails. I got an email from OS about the SS...I joined.....um...........THE END!
A true epic. Well told Noah, good show.
Thank you Aaron!
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

Wooton Bassett wrote:
I have a faio account and have had one ever since it was introduced on whitsend. It was always really boring there and I had only one good friend called Josh :D
One day I noticed that there had been a new user to come on, so I commented on his page and welcomed him. Later he pmd me and thanked me for the comment, he also told me about a much better site called the soda shop and his account there :D I promised him I would check it out and later even I made an account there. This kind young man then introduced me to all his friends and since then I have considered you all my second family, a home way from home (:

wow, thanks Renae.

ONCE APON A TIME.....(yeah, I know, my story's already boring.) ehem....ONCE APON A TIME I signed up for Odyssey Scoop newsletter, checked my emails. I got an email from OS about the SS...I joined.....um...........THE END!

were you being sarcastic? lol :D
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

Wow, Noah, that's quite the ending!
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
James?
Caramel Crunch

I came here through mary
I hear weird is the new normal..........I think I'll fit in well.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Renae wrote:
Wooton Bassett wrote:

wow, thanks Renae.

were you being sarcastic? lol :D
of course not
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Capitalization, Noah, capitilization.

Anyway, I seem to recall that my first post was made in The End of Odyssey, a topic thats all but defunctional now...
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

James? wrote:I came here through mary
Yeah, And I'm glad you did, lil' hobbit!!
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

Lol Wooton!!! Haha gotcha ;)
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

i really don't remember how. i was on, found it and joined. it was all a blur right then. I had just gotten to the the States like 2 or 3 weeks earlier and my grandpa had just died...... everything about then was kinda a blur. i was on for a while, then faded, then, here i am!
God's little Artist
Caramel Crunch

It's kind of weird.

i was searching the web for AIO Blogs and ran across one you may have heard of: Just Another AIO Blog

I really loved it, and I have to say CT I am a fan!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Why thank you, God's Little Artist! :D I am truly honored that you found this place through my blog, and I thank you very much for reading. Hmm... this is kind of a pleasant shock for me. I'm constantly surprised and thrilled when I find out about each new reader I didn't know I had. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. :D
NarniaQA Guy
Cookies & Creme

The way that I found out was when Garrett shared it on The Ceiling Fan podcast community.
Owned by Audrey, My love. <3 baecon is amazing.