Episodes that gave you NIGHTMARES.

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Why? I mean, I get the whole kid accidentally killing someone being kinda disturbing, but not really "creepy". What specifically about the episode scared you? (when you were younger, I mean)
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
King Butter Turtle
Vanilla

A kid your age accidentally killing someone and having to live with that guilt for the rest of his life even though it was beyond his control isn't creepy? :? 7 year old me says it is.
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Oh! Now I remember that episode.. It was disturbing but I don't think I was ever creeped out by it.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I didn't hear that episode till I was a teen, but I can see why it could be disturbing to a seven year old. I never really like that episode though, so maybe that's why... lol
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

i enjoyed that one. found some of it to be somewhat humorous :lol:
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

@KBT I suppose I just have more a distinguishing emotional difference between being "disturbed" and being "creeped"

I'm actually still creeped out when I listen to The Mysterious Stranger. It's usually the eerie setting for a scene, and the random explosions of sound that make me jump. The skin-crawling cackle of the uncle in The Mysterious Stranger? Yeah... That's creepy. At least, It creeps me out.
James?
Caramel Crunch

AIO never gave me nightmares.....When I was little the navacom saga spooked me a little....But in good way :)
I hear weird is the new normal..........I think I'll fit in well.
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Samantha14 wrote:Am I the only one who has never had an AIO nightmare?
I've had a few wacky AIO dreams though... ;)
*shivers, And snickers* :P ;)

No shey your not. But of course I hardly ever remember my dreams.
Castles and cauldrons never gave me nightmares or anything but they put it together so well that even now when I listen to it I can feel the sense of evil, like a dark curtain coming over me. Those episodes still makes me shiver they doesn't really scare me tho if you know what I mean. Anyone else feel that when they listened to those??
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

One episode scared me, but it didn't actually give me nightmares. It just kept me up for a few hours in the middle of the night. I listened to Terror from the Skies late at night, and had it replaying all night. For some reason, it just really creeped me out, and once I woke up in the middle of the night and there was some little sound effect in the episode that played a couple times that sounded like a little hiss, or something. Whatever it was, it kept on playing, and so I hid under my covers for a couple hours. I didn't actually think that aliens were coming, but I thought that maybe it was a snake, or something poisonous that was coming, so I didn't dare move or take the covers off of my head. That was a couple years ago, and I'm still not completely sure why it scared me so much.

Castles and Cauldrons was creepy, but I loved it because I own a Christian fiction series about demons and these kids that fight them in Jesus's name and learn how many different ways they can deceive people. It's an awesome episode, but it does scare me a little.
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I've felt that Yelsew. It reminds me of all those people who have become addicted to witch craft because of Harry Potter.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

@Starflower I've experienced the same thing, but to a much more exaggerated extent. I believe there's something very spiritual about fear. 2 Timothy 1:7 makes me think there must actually be a sort of "spirit of fear", and obviously this spirit doesn't come from God (according to Timothy), so it must come from somewhere else. I think fear is a very demonic thing, and it's something I was spiritually oppressed with for many years when I was younger.

My family and I didn't live in the same house we do now back then, and I'm pretty convinced there's a sort of spirit of fear that inhabits that place- but I'm getting ahead of myself. The house itself is already in a pretty nasty part of town; It's surround by ancient living spaces that all seem to be full of people that you'd generally consider creepy, and you'd have good reason to. There were mentally insane people (one with a hook for a hand), violent drunkards, and generally nasty people who would nearly bite your head off if a few leaves from your yard fell onto theirs. You'd have plenty of reason to be scared by the interior of the house as well, as it was crawling with centipedes and cockroaches, and was built in the 1800's. All of these factors, though, cannot account for the unquestionably spiritual fear that inevitably haunted me every night.

I don't remember exactly when or how it started, but I am certain it progressively got worse time slowly slogged on. It got to the point where I actually began crying at around 4 every afternoon because I had already begun to feel overcome with the dread of getting into bed and tossing and turning for hours as the demonic mental pictures in my head grew more and more vile. Eventually, I'd find a way to wander from the frenzied panic of the terrifying entities I imagined (and very well may have) surrounded me, to a deep sleep that served as a sufficient enough balm to help me at least half forget the intensity of the feat the gripped me the night before.

I'm quite confident this sort fear anything from "natural" fear, if there is such a thing. It's likely that all fear roots in something spiritual, but I'm not well enough connected to the spirit world to be able to make and claims definitively. The biggest reason I believe it was a demonic force that dwelt specifically in that house is that when I was on tour, I didn't feel the same spiritual oppression that I did when I was at home. I told my parents about it, but at the time (because of the fact that I was a small child, and I wasn't very good at explaining things) they just thought I was making things up so I could stay up later. It makes sense that I would too, since I was a downright brat when I was little. Fortunately we've moved on from that house, and I've grown as a Christian enough to know how to renounce the spirit of fear in Jesus name, like and any logical Christian would have done.

Anyway, I say all that to say that Demonic oppression via the "spirit of fear" is a very real thing, and I can empathize with those of you who have gone through it. It's also very possibly, and even likely that the sort of fear you were experiencing that one night a while ago, Starflower, was a caused by demonic power and now just simple "nerves". I'd encourage any of you who have struggled with fear to take 2 Timothy 1:7 to heart, and apply it practically when you're faced with fear. We do have a power given too us in the name of Jesus, and when we pray using it, the spirit of fear (and other demonic forces) are required by God's law to obey.

2 Timothy 1:7English Standard Version (ESV)
for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Emuman
Caramel Crunch
Location: Traveling throughout space and time with the Doctor. AKA My house in Illinois

Joy wrote:You see, Odyssey puts me to sleep. I listen to it while I"m sleeping, instead of before. It's unusual, but I've done it for years.
Same, I made sure to avoid Blackgard's Revenge Part 2 (I found becoming possessed just plain out disturbing), the Secret Room also creeped me out and that one Novacom episode where Mitch's old girlfriend got killed in the car accident. I still find that scene very hard to listen too and im 13 now...
Emuman
jennakyler321
Cookies & Creme

Ah! Where do I begin well mystery of the clock tower, secret room, four corners, and Novacom
Jen
Gods love is like a warm cup of coffee you can't get enough
Ashleigh
Strawberry

The Secret Room, Mortal Coil and of course the Twilight Zone lol they used to give me the creeps ;) But now they are my Fav :)
jennakyler321
Cookies & Creme

Mortal coil wasn't that scary at all
Jen
Gods love is like a warm cup of coffee you can't get enough
Jason
Cookies & Creme

The Mysterious Stranger and The Secret Room definitely gave me the chills. The Unraveling is also one I couldn't listen to at night for the longest time because of the scene with Justine on the answering machine. There was one when I was younger that really freaked me out, It Happened on Four Corners. But that was partly because I never fully understood that it was just a story by Bernard until I was older.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

That's an amazing post, Garrett. What an experience. I must say, it's amazing that so many people doubt the spiritual world. After all, we live in the spiritual world. We experience the spiritual every moment.
My mom had some experiences with demons... and ghosts. Nope, I'm dead serious. And while they weren't demonic, I've had some miraculous experiences myself. (Though only a couple.)
But anyhow, very likely there really is a demon of fear. Whether it's the only thing that causes fear... doubtful. After all, much fear is rational, so I assume you didn't mean literally every bit of fear, from the fear of falling into lava when hanging above it from a rope to the fear of being caught not praising Emily highly enough in a post, is caused be spirits?
In any case, heaven has hierarchy (archangels, seraphim, etc.) So maybe hell does as well... maybe some demons are in charge of lust, another hate, another slothfulness (like being on SS all day) so on.
In any case, episodes that inspire fear are a reminder of how artificial fear can indeed be. And if light cast out darkness, we are safe... as long as Christian stuff like Odyssey is light, and who can doubt it? In which case, seeing as we are surrounded by AIO merchandise, podcasts and on and on, I'm sure we'll be fine.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

don't think any of 'em gave me nightmares, lol.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Agent 86
Caramel Crunch

The Underground Railroad well not a nightmare but a sad one nonetheless
This is a block of text. I'm not sure why I put this here, or why you are reading this. Well, I guess I should say something witty here.. I'm not going to, but you'll probably stick around just in case I change my mind. Um.. Running out of things to say.. Wait, you're still reading this? OK, that's too much, stop. Seriously, STOP.
Rebel.
http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Emuman
Caramel Crunch
Location: Traveling throughout space and time with the Doctor. AKA My house in Illinois

Pound Foolish wrote: In any case, episodes that inspire fear are a reminder of how artificial fear can indeed be. And if light cast out darkness, we are safe... as long as Christian stuff like Odyssey is light, and who can doubt it? In which case, seeing as we are surrounded by AIO merchandise, podcasts and on and on, I'm sure we'll be fine.
Well said Pound Foolish, well said *applaud*
Emuman