The Last Sentence in Adventures in Odyssey

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Ben Warren
Chocolate Chip

The Last Sentence in Adventures in Odyssey

Imagine Adventures in Odyssey is ending. Now imagine you're listening to the very last scene of the very last episode ever. Tell me what sentence you'd think would be a great last sentence spoken on Adventures in Odyssey, what character speaks it, and why.

And I don't mean Chris's wrap-up....
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I can just imagine Whit saying "rats. I was wrong. The best wasn't yet to come"
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Well, this requires the Rapture to occur...so as everyone goes to heaven to meet Jesus for the first time, Dave Arnold and the Odyssey team get out their sound equipment and record the last scene where Paul Herlinger as Whit will say, "God bless Odyssey!"
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I can picture Connie saying, "Wow, I can't believe it's over." I honestly think that that would be the general reaction of many fans, so it would be good to have our thoughts vocalized.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I think the last sentence should be Dr. Blackgaard saying, "Finally... Whit is dead and Whit's End is mine!" And then he cackles and the series ends! Fitting, isn't ti?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

No, ti isn't.
~ Walker in Dreams
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Haha. Sorry. Typo.

I actually think the last line in Odyssey shouldn't nessecarily be anything dramatic or meaningful. It could just be the usual end line to an episode, like a joke or a concluding line. Odyssey wouldn't have to make their last episode a celebration of Odyssey, it could be a normal, excellent episode and I would be satisfied.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: That is a sad thought!!!! I think it should be something bitter-sweet like what whittaker96 said:
Whit saying "God Bless, Odyssey"
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I would think "The best is yet to come" would be a good ending, esp. if the world is ending.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Of course:

Whit turns on radio. Signal comes in: "An asteroid from the Kuiper Belt, roughly the size of Titan, the largest of Neptune's moons, is heading toward Earth at approximately 550 miles per second. Considering we have roughly two hours left of human existence, this will be our last broadcast. So long, and goodnight."

Whit: "Well, the best is yet to come."

Connie: WHAT?!?!?!
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

The Old Judge wrote:Of course:

Whit turns on radio. Signal comes in: "An asteroid from the Kuiper Belt, roughly the size of Titan, the largest of Neptune's moons, is heading toward Earth at approximately 550 miles per second. Considering we have roughly two hours left of human existence, this will be our last broadcast. So long, and goodnight."

Whit: "Well, the best is yet to come."

Connie: WHAT?!?!?!
Whit: (grandfatherly laugh) Oh, Connie. It's time. Jesus is coming back! The real odyssey is just getting started.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

why would the last sentence have to be from Whit?

Emily is destrying the world with evil robots and atomic bombs and Bernard says, "I guess streaky windows don't matter that much now.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Wooton is chuckling evilly as he presses a button that will fulfill a plan made by him and Marvin MaRtian to "blow up the earth", but Emily valiantly saves all the world, and says "Wooton stinks!"
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Oh boy... You'd better not start a Wooton Stinks Klub.

How bout this? :twisted:

Whit: Connie, I have great news!

Connie: What?

Whit: Emily is finally dead! Now we can p-a-arty!

(Disco music plays and Whit and Connie dance with joy)

Connie: (laughing) What do you say we invite everyone over for a lil celebration?

Whit: That sounds wonderful! Let's try to get the rest of the Jones family kicked out of town!

(Whit and Connie laugh evily)

Connie: Great idea! I'm so glad all is well in Odyssey... now that Emily's dead!

(More disco music, AIO ends)

How's that for a last sentence? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

WOW!!! ROFL!!!! That was really impressive CT.... very interesting.... Let's just say, if AIO ended that way, I would be very disappointed with the show (and I would wonder what brain washing concoction you had created! lol).
Unfortunately, I am not terribly creative in the AIO last sentenceness, so I will stay out of it!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

'sentenceness'? I've never heard that word...

Oh, come on, Liz! Give it a try! You can do one where Emily gets mud thrown on her by Matthew! :twisted:
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

oops... lol sorry!!!
No really, I'm good. I'll leave the creativeness to you!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

As it should be. Leave the creativeness (another word I don't know) to the CreativeThinkers. ;)
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme
Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey

ROFL!! I was laughing so hard as I read this! CT101, you are awesome!!!
Oz the Great and Powerful is Great and Powerful!!!!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

whittaker96 wrote:Well, this requires the Rapture to occur...so as everyone goes to heaven to meet Jesus for the first time, Dave Arnold and the Odyssey team get out their sound equipment and record the last scene where Paul Herlinger as Whit will say, "God bless Odyssey!"
I think this, or "The best is yet to come." would be a good ending, but I really don't want to think about Odyssey ending....
Really, CT? Really? That's just odd....
꿈. 희망. 전진.