What will become of Dale Jacobs?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I've heard every episode in 56 but Great Expectations and The Lost Riddle. (Ironically, those are the two episodes with Emily in them. :lol:) However, I'm curious to see what role good ol' Daley boy will play in Riddle. But, since Emily is in the episode, I'll probably hate it! :D:
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Emily is amazing in that one!!!!!!! So is Dale!!!! And Matthew!!!!! And..... I'll stop......
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I want him to comeback. He was always a fave. ;)
I want Robin to comeback though! She could do some sort of case with Mr.Jones, Perhaps? ;) ;)
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Honestly, I really wouldn't be that dissapointed if Dale didn't come back anymore. It made things interesting in The Labyrinth, and The Lost Riddle, but honestly he isn't up on my list of characters they need to develop.

However, if they did do another episode with Dale, it would be nice if they did something like this; Have an album that brings back several old families; The Barclays, Jacobs', and McKay's (for example) each getting their own episode. Then the last part of the four parter would be in a way that they all interact somehow in the episode. Not sure exactly how this would work, but it would definitely be cool.
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Jason wrote:However, if they did do another episode with Dale, it would be nice if they did something like this; Have an album that brings back several old families; The Barclays, Jacobs', and McKay's (for example) each getting their own episode. Then the last part of the four parter would be in a way that they all interact somehow in the episode. Not sure exactly how this would work, but it would definitely be cool.
That's a great idea. I would like to see the Barclays and Jacobs come back and some others. And an album just for that would be really cool.. In the four parter would it just be the old families interacting with each other or interacting with some of the new families too? It sounds cool :)
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Well either would work. But ideally it wouldn't even have to take place in Odyssey.

Part 1: Focuses on Dale and Ann making plans to meet up with Daughters in X location.
(This could workwith Barclays too)
Part 2: Takes place in X location with McKays, explains maybe where they are now. And maybe involves a mystery or conflict of some sort.
Part 3: Could involve Parkers road trip/car trouble and end up in X location.

Now because the majority of these characters have not had interactions with eaach other, (Aside from maybe the Parkers with Dale and Ann) it could make for an interesting storyline.

Ideally each of the first three parts could be listened to in any order, but all lead into the fourth part. The fourth part would result in each of the three families interacting and being able to help the other family in some way. And maybe towards the end they find out that they share a common thread: Odyssey.

Oh and of course Jason would factor in somehow because he's awesome like that.
If anything it would be very nostalgic for older listeners. :D
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Sounds good. I think it would be pretty cool if they were to do something like it. Are there any other old families that could possibly come back? The Washingtons?
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

The Rathbones must come back! That's an awesome storyline, Jason, but the Rathbones must factor into it somehow. Maybe Bart buys a huge new car and has all four families ride with him to Alaska, where he's going to meet his great-aunt Bathilda to go moosehunting. Then, when all five families are moosehunting together after the incredibly long car trip, they meet up with Wooton. It could be one epic road trip that spans like 10 albums!!!
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Well, if the Washingtons ad Rathbones were to factor in somehow, I'd imagine it being unrealated to the previously mentioned four parter. However, I've mentioned how I would love to see a "Where are they now" album, and both of those families would be ideal for that too.

I am really curious if they're going to try to keep Dale around or maybe it will be a while before we hear from him again.
James?
Caramel Crunch

I dont know if anyone else felt this way....But in the riddle one Dale seemed sooo old. It seemed like he had no energy at all.
I hear weird is the new normal..........I think I'll fit in well.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I think the Jacobs girls should come back to Odyssey for a bit.... *shrugs*
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Think about it this way, guys. If Phil comes back, maybe he'll be able to start getting involved a bit more. IF that happens, WE MAY GET MORE PHIL LOLLAR EPISODES. WOOH.

What does this mean practically? More legitimately well written comedy episodes, with some story skeletons reminiscent of the old classics. I love Phil's writing style, it's a shame he ended up leaving all those years ago...
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley