Priscilla & Barrett (guess the rest)

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Since Odyssey's a big part of my life, I can't have any kind of romantic feelings for anyone who works or lives in Odyssey - they're like family, so...yeah...

Commence awk moment.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Eh, neither can I, really. And I don't think they were confessing romantic feelings for Priscilla the character, just the actress.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I'm confessing fellings for both the actress and character!! ...JK!!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I would hope so! Priscilla the character is ugly!
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

CreativeThinker101 wrote:I would hope so! Priscilla the character is ugly!
Watch it :evil: ..... :lol:
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yeah, CT! Watch it! I know what you look like... :twisted: ... haha!!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Boys, calm down! lol *dumps buckets of water on heads*
Though I do agree CT. I think Gary could have done a better job on her. The character should look more like the actor ;)...
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Is there a problem with that? I happen to like her character. Getting back on topic, I would love for their storyline to progress.can't wait to see what happens next....... Hopefully something good :D
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I agree that they should eventually progress in their cuteness... But I also don't think that their love should be premature. I always find it awkward and embarrassing when young people are in a relationship. All that does is make me roll my eyes, and make me wish they would just stop.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

As one of SS's resident diehard romantics, it is my duty to say you are wrong.
Well, it depends. As tweens, kissing is best avoided. Well, if you can manage it... But they both like each other. Letting age get in the way of the way things are doesn't always work.
Tender age can be seen as a detour in a relationship. Or it can be seen as a wonderful thing. If Priscilla confesses her feelings to Barrett, they would just be acting on who they are, instead of trying to pretend a part of their relationship doesn't exist. Priscilla has already been very flirtatious toward Barrett. And Barrett likes Priscilla. Now Barrett needs to stop being so clueless Priscilla likes him so they can do the natural thing.
This isn't a hard and fast answer by any means. I admit this is a hard question. What are the dangers involved here? Is it truly moral for tweens to act on romantic feelings?
But the fact remains, age doesn't prevent romantic feelings.
So, is it really fair to say they can't begin relationships?
But what do such romantic relationships lead to? Is it truly healthy behavior to do this? Is it Christian? God designed us so that "crushes" spring up at very early ages. Does it then follow that it is part of our design to start exploring our destinies young?
Not necessarily. We have many desires, but we are not always supposed to act on them, needless to say.
So then, the question is: is the desire of a tween good?
Is a twelve year old hugging her boy committing a sin or doing something beautiful?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

Boys at that age are so immature. [Believe me, I would know] I thought boys at my age would be more mature, but they weren't. *sigh* Boys go through the weirdest stages when they turn 12 to 13. They start paying more attention to girls and they're learning more and more but with all that new information they don't know what to do with it all! They start learning what gets girls mad, what makes them cry, what makes them happy, all that. They start wanting to be with girls when most of their time had been with guys. But at 12 boys are still boys, their not fully grown and their maturity level has barely even started to grow. With Barret and Priscilla I think it would be a mistake to keep them liking each other, it's not like they can date. Their just little kids when it comes to dating. Girls usually mature quicker then boys, so I'd say Priscilla should wait till Barret is older and have him tell her he likes her, not the other way around.
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I disagree with PF, and agree and disagree with MB. Call me old fashioned, but if it's not about pursuing marriage, whats the point? I understand that you start having feelings at a younger age, but that doesn't mean you have to indulge them.

It says over and over in the bible that we are supposed to stay sexually pure. I think that means spiritually, mentally and physically! If we all gave into our romantic feelings all the time, there would be (pardon my bluntness) a lot more pregnant pre-teens and teens (more than there is already, that is).

And I agree with Mary when she said that the guys should pursue the girl. The guy should pursue a girl when he is ready for a help meet. When the girls pursue a guy, they often get ones that are totally immature and don't care squat for them once they've used them for their purposes. A MAN who genuinely pursues a woman is ready for a help meet and will therefore cherish her once he has her (If God is the focus of the couple, it can't be real without Him).

Okay, I'm done! lol So, as you can see, I don't think that Barrett and Priscilla are ready to be in "like".
Doublem
Chocolate Chip

Barrett and Priscilla can be in "like." There's nothing wrong with that. But should they pursue their feelings to the extreme? Not quite yet. They should remain friends until they're older. Then Barrett can "pop her the question."
~Doublem

Act 4: 10-12
Sage
Caramel Crunch

It will probly be another 'Trent and Mandy' thing....
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I've made that comparison myself. Odyssey is rather mouse-ish about kid-love. It starts things, but never really shows it developing much. It lets us assume it all happens offstage. This makes sense to a degree, but it's also bothering for us romance enthusiasts.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Sage
Caramel Crunch

Of which you are the most enthusiastic haha.
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

You flatter me.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I forgot to post on this topic...WHAT. Well anyways

As much as I would love to see Priscilla and Barret start to kindle there love, or start to date, ect. I feel this would be a bad move of direction for the AIO team. It would maybe work if in the future they start to disscuss dating with these two characters, or if when there grown up, to even get married. But sadly all the AIO team can do right now, is have the two characters, admit to there crush in Truth and Dare games, puppy love/flirting, and love letters......*sigh* if only,
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

But sadly all the AIO team can do right now, is have the two characters, admit to there crush in Truth and Dare games, puppy love/flirting, and love letters......
Sounds good. Anyhow, just because you're young doesn't make your feelings insignificant. Therefor, their romances are just as important as the finest passions of Juliet and the deepest longings of Elizabeth Bennett. A child holding hands holds as much power and promise as a young man's first kiss. And a gifted flower is always a gifted flower.
"I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love that was more than love-
I and my Annabel Lee;"
Edgar Allen Poe
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Pound Foolish wrote:
But sadly all the AIO team can do right now, is have the two characters, admit to there crush in Truth and Dare games, puppy love/flirting, and love letters......
Sounds good. Anyhow, just because you're young doesn't make your feelings insignificant. Therefor, their romances are just as important as the finest passions of Juliet and the deepest longings of Elizabeth Bennett. A child holding hands holds as much power and promise as a young man's first kiss. And a gifted flower is always a gifted flower.
"I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love that was more than love-
I and my Annabel Lee;"
Edgar Allen Poe

Hmmm, I see what your saying, I might not agree a 100%, but I see what you mean. And I'm not saying that all those things (holding hands, love letters, ect) isn't satisfying, I would (hopefully will *wink* *wink* AIO Team) love every second of there love story arc. And enjoy it even tho the two lovers aren't older.

(ps), Loved the Edger Alan Poe ending ;)