Priscilla & Barrett (guess the rest)

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Yes, they need to get 56 on iTunes! I'm not keen on the idea of Jay liking Priscilla, frankly, but I agree that Priscilla and Barret's relationship needs to be developed! Maybe in Album 57...
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Wooton Bassett wrote:
whittaker96 wrote:You know how people always talk about some girls having "bad boy" stages?

Priscilla and Jay????????????

Well, maybe mostly non-Christians have the "bad boy" stages.

Priscilla and Barrett.

But Priscilla and Jay supposedly go into the Room of Consequence together.

Priscilla and Jay?????????

But Priscilla likes Barrett.

Priscilla and Barrett.

This is all hurting my brain.
it's the triangle of love.

Barrett loves Priscilla
but Priscilla loves Jay
but Jay loves Olivia
but Olivia loves Barrett
CT101, when will Odyssey be on iTunes this fall?

Wait...so Barrett and Priscilla like each other. It'll be interesting to see if it's Priscilla liking Jay or Jay liking Priscilla, but Jay might have a small crush on Olivia after the events of Mistaken for Good. I think Odyssey should talk about relationships and dating since there were "relationships" in middle school when I was there. Oh, and it would make things even more complex if Cindy moved to Odyssey. LOVE PENTAGON...
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

whittaker96 wrote:
Wooton Bassett wrote:
whittaker96 wrote:You know how people always talk about some girls having "bad boy" stages?

Priscilla and Jay????????????

Well, maybe mostly non-Christians have the "bad boy" stages.

Priscilla and Barrett.

But Priscilla and Jay supposedly go into the Room of Consequence together.

Priscilla and Jay?????????

But Priscilla likes Barrett.

Priscilla and Barrett.

This is all hurting my brain.
it's the triangle of love.

Barrett loves Priscilla
but Priscilla loves Jay
but Jay loves Olivia
but Olivia loves Barrett
CT101, when will Odyssey be on iTunes this fall?

Wait...so Barrett and Priscilla like each other. It'll be interesting to see if it's Priscilla liking Jay or Jay liking Priscilla, but Jay might have a small crush on Olivia after the events of Mistaken for Good. I think Odyssey should talk about relationships and dating since there were "relationships" in middle school when I was there. Oh, and it would make things even more complex if Cindy moved to Odyssey. LOVE PENTAGON...
There is no specific release date for Odyssey on iTunes
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Yes, no specific date. I can't wait for it though! Imagine being able to listen to Odyssey anywhere anytime!

Anyway, yes, in some places, 9-year olds are going out with each other. However, Odyssey wants most of its kids to be good role models, (notice I said most, Vance is not exactly a good role model) so I don't think they'll have Barret and Priscilla dating anytime soon, as dating at 12 is not really a good idea. I was sort of disappointed when I heard Valerie and Brad were 'getting a milkshake' together in Your Two Kind. That's the kind of morals most children's entertainment would show. I thought Odyssey was different. But, I suppose since they weren't technically dating, though that could be considered 'going steady', I'll crush it aside for now. Anyway, I don't think dating or even going steady would be good for Barret and Priscilla. What I would like, however, is an episode where both Barret and Priscilla confess their feelings for each other to someone they trust, say Wooton and Connie. Then, they both take steps to advance the relationship, by flirting with each other and other things. They could even go as far as going steady in this episode. But, in the end, I think Whit should set them straight and tell them dating isn't a good idea at their age, as the whole point of dating is to find and get to know the person you want to marry, and marrying is of course not for 12-year olds. That would be my ideal Barret and Priscilla episode.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

I think I misstyped. What I meant to say is what you wrote CT101, I didn't mean to imply that I wanted Barrett and Priscilla to get into a relationship; I just wanted Odyssey to acknowledge that they do happen (and an example is provided, such as Brad and Valerie) and then Odyssey could show the Christian angle of young relationships (The Trouble with Girls doesn't really count.). I like your ideal BP episode! Normally, Odyssey talks about relationships by looking at adult examples (i.e. Eugene and Katrina, Connie and Mitch, Jack and Joanne), and while it's great to see good role models leading examples for us, it'd also be nice to see a child role model setting an example in the relationship area too...since Album 54 was more about agape, philia, and storge than romance, persay (unless you count whatever is happening with Wooton and Penny...).
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Of course you're right, whittaker. I would have liked Album 54 to acknowledge love as in romance, but since it said the meaning of 'God's love' I suppose it wasn't necessary. I think another problem with AIO doing this, however, is that some parents are sensitive about romance of any kind when showing their kids it. I think if AIO did an entire ep. about Barret and Priscilla's relationship, some parents of very young children would complain. AIO does not want that to happen, as it's already happened many, many times, with Officer Harley, The Living Nativity, and The Black Veil. That's something else to think about.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Very true. When we think of "out of the age range," we think of fans 13 and up. But kids that are younger than the age range are also listening, and that could raise up issues. Maybe ifOdyssey did it subtlely, as like a subsubplot...

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Yes, a subplot entirely about their relationship would be nice... Though I think fans like Pound Foolish would want more than a subplot, they would want a romantic three-parter! Well, I have to admit, a three-parter about Priscilla and Barret actually sounds pretty awesome.

You know, it's possible that AIO isn't even considering going anywhere with this relationship, they may just have it in for comedy, or something fun that kids can relate to. They may not be planning a story with it or anything, as much as we want them to. The crush may vanish completely. You never know.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

WE NEED A TEENAGE SPINOFF! I have an idea for one and am working on new characters.

It is true that nothing could happen, since that's what happens with crushes, or it go Trandy style. We'll find out!

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

It's funny, but one could say falling in love as a child is just as complex and confusing as when you're an adult. When I was little, I'd have very strong feelings, including the desire to kiss. Like many little kids, I acted on it. I'm confused when people act like kids are just kids and can't fall in love. It's not just teens who have passionate emotions. (As Mr. Thinker demonstrates.) The funny thing is, people just gloss over such things. Then, when people are, say, twelve, and hit puberty, adults can obviously no longer act like they are ***less aliens and react. The general reaction is to say the kid are too young for love and dating. That's society's answer. The preteen and thirteen year old reacts: "huh?"
After all, how come a little kid is old enough for love... but when they're older all of a sudden they're not?
When I was little, I was somewhat discouraged from kissing, and drawing hearts with a girl's initials, etc, but I never got in trouble for it. My feelings didn't cease, but all of a sudden, I was supposed to ignore them.
On the other hand, dating is so popular, a lot of young kids will do it just to fit in. I never was interested in dating as a child, but I'm homeschooled. Most such pressure takes place in public schools.
I realize this all sounds rather uncomplimentary to adults, but in years, at least, I'm more or less an adult (well, kinda sorta... technically...) Anyways, I'm sure this all sounds a bit odd, and frankly, I'm not sure of what I myself am saying. Anyways, as far as Barrett and Priscilla... they already spend time alone. That's pretty much what dating is. All that would change if they really and truly admitted their feelings is they'd be doing the same things... with an acknowledged new purpose.
Would that be so bad?
Frankly, as for me.... I don't really know. But I'm not against it either.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:It's funny, but one could say falling in love as a child is just as complex and confusing as when you're an adult. When I was little, I'd have very strong feelings, including the desire to kiss. Like many little kids, I acted on it. I'm confused when people act like kids are just kids and can't fall in love. It's not just teens who have passionate emotions. (As Mr. Thinker demonstrates.) The funny thing is, people just gloss over such things. Then, when people are, say, twelve, and hit puberty, adults can obviously no longer act like they are sexless aliens and react. The general reaction is to say the kid are too young for love and dating. That's society's answer. The preteen and thirteen year old reacts: "huh?"
After all, how come a little kid is old enough for love... but when they're older all of a sudden they're not?
When I was little, I was somewhat discouraged from kissing, and drawing hearts with a girl's initials, etc, but I never got in trouble for it. My feelings didn't cease, but all of a sudden, I was supposed to ignore them.
On the other hand, dating is so popular, a lot of young kids will do it just to fit in. I never was interested in dating as a child, but I'm homeschooled. Most such pressure takes place in public schools.
I realize this all sounds rather uncomplimentary to adults, but in years, at least, I'm more or less an adult (well, kinda sorta... technically...) Anyways, I'm sure this all sounds a bit odd, and frankly, I'm not sure of what I myself am saying. Anyways, as far as Barrett and Priscilla... they already spend time alone. That's pretty much what dating is. All that would change if they really and truly admitted their feelings is they'd be doing the same things... with an acknowledged new purpose.
Would that be so bad?
This comment has been mentioned on The U.S.S. Response.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Pound Foolish wrote:It's funny, but one could say falling in love as a child is just as complex and confusing as when you're an adult. When I was little, I'd have very strong feelings, including the desire to kiss. Like many little kids, I acted on it. I'm confused when people act like kids are just kids and can't fall in love. It's not just teens who have passionate emotions. (As Mr. Thinker demonstrates.) The funny thing is, people just gloss over such things. Then, when people are, say, twelve, and hit puberty, adults can obviously no longer act like they are sexless aliens and react. The general reaction is to say the kid are too young for love and dating. That's society's answer. The preteen and thirteen year old reacts: "huh?"
Would that be so bad?
You're right; it's not logically correct.
When you're an adult, you're ready to fall in love. When you're a kid, you're not. Well then, WHEN ARE YOU? Does the Holy Spirit take hold of you and give you the capacity to fall in love? I think that everyone's capable of falling in love, but different people have different maturity rates when it comes to comprehending and completely feeling the emotion of love.

Basically, I'm agreeing with you. It really just depends on how fast you mature or spiritually/mentally grow; not how fast you physically grow.

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Correct. How are children supposed to control whether they fall in love or not, and how can they one day be too young to like anyone at all and the next day ready to go on a date?

Anyway, back to Priscilla and Barret. There seems to be several boys on here who have developed small, harmless attractions to Gatlin Green, so Barret's got some competition! Haha! You know what might be funny? If there was an episode where Jay and Barret both liked Priscilla and tried to win her heart!
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Could the part where Jay tries to win her heart be possibly...GROUNDHOG DAY??? Or Groundhog Jay, I think it was called? But it wouldn't really be a competition since Priscilla likes Barrett. There should be an episode about random acts of kindness where Jay secretly does something really nice to Priscilla and she doesn't know who it's from. A little Israelites mixed with a little Present Long Ago!

What members of the Soda Shop have confessed their undying love* for Gatlin Green?

*Undying love at this particular moment. Also known as a crush.

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Fodo14, Ben C., and I confessed a passing attraction.

Actually, whittaker, I have heard Groundhog Jay, as I was so excited about it that I downloaded it a while back. I have to say that Jay makes a comment about him being in love with Priscilla, but it was in jest, and I'm not sure if it will lead to anything. Jay and Priscilla were in ROC alone, and Barret didn't come, so it wasn't a contest. That episode, I'm afraid, did not meet my expectations at all.
Last edited by ArnoldtheRubberDucky on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Thanks for calling me fodo, CT! xD

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

When did I call you fodo? :lol: Haha! I fixed it!
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Fodo14, Ben C., and I confessed a passing attraction.

Actually, whittaker, I have heard Groundhog Jay, as I was so excited about it that I downloaded it a while back. I have to say that Jay makes a comment about him being in love with Priscilla, but it was in jest, and I'm not sure if it will lead to anything. Jay and Priscilla were in ROC alone, and Barret didn't come, so it wasn't a contest. That episode, I'm afraid, did not meet my expectations at all.
YEAH.......Shes hot. :) :lol:
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

HAHA!! Wow fodo! That was a delayed answer!
Of course, I'm not one to talk.
I agree with fodo.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Okay, guys... that's a little, um... I don't know - it's just.. Um - How about a subject change? :D: