Wooton Bassett

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

What do you think of Wooton?

He seems completely normal to me!
37%
He's a little strange...
26%
He's REALLY weird!
26%
Just get rid of him!
11%

Total votes: 27

HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

(I'm canceling my "wedding" with Wooton)
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

how sad!
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

gabbygirl17 wrote:how sad!
It is but I am only young I shouldn't plan a wedding w/ a character. LOL it was fun though!
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

HannahJ. wrote:
It is but I am only young I shouldn't plan a wedding w/ a character. LOL it was fun though!
Haha! It was fun, I guess I'll break my engagement with Jason though, too.=/
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

suzylou wrote:
HannahJ. wrote:
Haha! It was fun, I guess I'll break my engagement with Jason though, too.=/
Poor you I understand how hard this must feel! LOL!
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

I love him, but he was better when Tory was writing for him. AIO needs to get him back for Wooton.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

Yes, but know he's a bit over-the-top. What do you guys think?
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

In case you haven't noticed, I'm a sucker for love stuff. I just go crazy over it. Whether it's in a drama, a Shakespeare book, a movie, or an AIO, it touches me. It makes me think.
In AIO, the love has been on a steady increase. Some of you have mentioned more than once this is starting to (censored) you. Have there been any AIO love affairs that dissatisfied you? Or any episodes with romance in them that displeased you? Do you just dislike AIO love relationships as whole? Or... is there anyone else out there who's like me and just eats it ALL up? Probably not, huh? Okay, so I'm unusual. Anyhow, what ARE YOUR thoughts? Let's talk it up!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Well, I actually don't mind most of the relationships on AiO. It's just when the writers include things with no background or without acknowledging them that (censored) me. Now, with Mitchell and Connie, we saw the relationship develop, the characters slowly mature, and we saw them getting godly advice from their mentors. I sincerely enjoyed the drama and emotion in their relationship, despite the opinion that I am emotionless. ;)

What gets me is Barrett and Priscilla's relationship. The have been in enough episodes with their pairship involved that AiO needs to make this the center of an episode, rather than constantly including bits and pieces about it. We got a little taste of that in To Mend Or Repair, but it definitely wasn't the main part of the episode, and rather than dealing with the fringe of their relationship, AiO should back up, and first actually give us some conversations between Barrett and his parents, or Priscilla and Mr. Whittaker. I don't know the exact ages of either character,but I do know their fairly young for such seemingly deep feelings for one another. Not that I object to having this be a part of AiO, but shouldn't thecharacters at leastbe talking to an elder Christian about this?

Anyway, I guess you could say that these episodes are not going to make my favorites list, but they still maintain some level of enjoy-ability to them.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Why did you open an exact topic like this in episode discussion?
Rosy
Cookie Dough

To add another question to Wooton's, Why is this called Queen Connie?
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well, in short, it was a typo... I may change it... but, on the other hand, it's a fun title!

-- Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:13 pm --

Anyhow, I agree with you a great deal, T.S. I Barrett and Priscilla's love would be taken more seriously. As it is, it's undeveloped, and mostly just fun. I'd say this is okay, for the time being. But things must change. This plot point can't just be dropped, obviously. So, it must be explored. I hope Barrett and Priscilla confront each other, eventually. And, yes, it would be wise of them to speak to adults about this. I'd say it's time for a chat with Mr. Whittaker.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm in agreement with what is being said about Priscilla and Barrett. About the AiO love relationships...I think everyone pretty much already knows where I stand in this area. I'm actually coming to terms with Wooton and Penny's relationship though, I don't find it nearly as (censored) anymore. Aren't you proud of me?? *grins*
About love affairs I find dissatisfying- I didn't care much for that episode where Connie falls in love with that dude name Jeff(?) I thought he was cheesy. Anyhooo...what do you think about Emily and Matthew? Would you like it if they, ahem, you know...fell in love some day? I always thought that'd be kind of adorable!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Some assert they already have, and are subtly flirting. But this is so improbable, it's not even worth considering. As for them (ahem) falling in love eventually, yes, it would be adorable. It might even be what Emily needs to become a more serious character, rather than a fun-supplier. She's a fantastic fun-supplier, and her character also makes a lot of statements. But I'm forced to agree with T.S., it would be good if she gained more depth. Perhaps, unless she does, she be forgettable, and I'd just hate that. She deserves better.
The reason a relationship with Matthew would forge her character is that she's so bravely strong and outspoken. If the Emily/Matthew relationship turned romantic, Emily would have to mellow out around him. She would no longer be in control of her friend. They'd have to understand each other. She would have to compromise, sometimes, not just him. We'd start seeing whole new sides to her. I'm not sure an Emily/Matthew romance is best for AIO, but it's definitely best for Emily.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Meltsner Girl, I know I've told you as much before, but I'm loving, loving, LOVING your posts. Unfortunately, Meltsner Girl, I and my sibs don't own most of the albums with the Katrina, Eugene mess. This is a source of constant frustration to us. ;) HOW EXACTLY DID EUGENE MEET THIS DARN BLONDE GENIUS WHO WEARS GLASSES!? Anyhow, you're right, I doubt AIO will be going deeper into Barrett and Priscilla's relationship will develop significantly farther. And the Matthew and Emily idea is a near impossibility. We're just, *sigh*, day dreaming. =P
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Pound Foolish wrote:Meltsner Girl, I know I've told you as much before, but I'm loving, loving, LOVING your posts. Unfortunately, Meltsner Girl, I and my sibs don't own most of the albums with the Katrina, Eugene mess. This is a source of constant frustration to us. ;) HOW EXACTLY DID EUGENE MEET THIS DARN BLONDE GENIUS WHO WEARS GLASSES!? Anyhow, you're right, I doubt AIO will be going deeper into Barrett and Priscilla's relationship will develop significantly farther. And the Matthew and Emily idea is a near impossibility. We're just, *sigh*, day dreaming. =P
Gah, you've never heard the episode about how Eugene and Katrina met, m'dear? That's terrible!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Yes, it is. Moan. Please don't hate me. Please? Please? Pleeeeeze? I'm your dear, right!?
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I don't hate you and you are still my dear...but daggum, boy, you need to break into that little stash of yours and go download those episodes!=P
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Download, schmownload. I'll buy them or ask for them for Christmas, or something. An AIO without its case is like an AIO without its case.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

You just repeated yourself, hun. ;) But anyways--I know what you mean. I want to get the new album with the case, but I think I'm going to get it on digital download because I'm too impatient.