Tom Riley

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Do you like Tom Riley

Best character EVER :P
33%
He's really good not my favourite :?
67%
He awful they should take him out :evil:
No votes
He's HORRIBLE HORRIBLE :twisted:
No votes

Total votes: 21

Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

Tom Riley

I really like Tom Riley. Do you?
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I really really really love Thomas Dale Riley, Jr. (That's his full name.) BUT, how dare you put an option like "HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE :twisted: " on the poll. I mean, this is Tom Riley we're talking about. If anybody feels that way about Tom, they should be stripped of their S.S. membership. (Just joking.)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

The Old Judge wrote:I really really really love Thomas Dale Riley, Jr. (That's his full name.) BUT, how dare you put an option like "HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE :twisted: " on the poll. I mean, this is Tom Riley we're talking about. If anybody feels that way about Tom, they should be stripped of their S.S. membership. (Just joking.)

I just did. I love him but maybe other people won't.
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I thought he was a great character, and I'm sad the actor died :cry: .
꿈. 희망. 전진.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Walker Edmiston, voice of Tom and Bart, died at the age of 81.
Also, Paul Herlinger died at the age of 80.
And Hal Smith died at the age of 77.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

The Old Judge wrote:Walker Edmiston, voice of Tom and Bart, died at the age of 81.
Also, Paul Herlinger died at the age of 80.
And Hal Smith died at the age of 77.
He died! Ah! He was a AMAZING actor Bart and Tom were GREAT Characters!! :D
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

Do you think they willl find a replacement for tom and bart so they can come back to thee show :?:
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Well, on a bonus feature in Album 50 they said they had no immediate plans to bring Tom back. They said it would be possible if the right voice came along. Also, Bart appears on several Album 50 episodes, after Walker Edmiston died. In those two or three episodes, he was played by Robert Easton, a friend of Walker's. I don't know what happened, but since Album 50 they've avoided using Bart entirely.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

The Old Judge wrote:Well, on a bonus feature in Album 50 they said they had no immediate plans to bring Tom back. They said it would be possible if the right voice came along. Also, Bart appears on several Album 50 episodes, after Walker Edmiston died. In those two or three episodes, he was played by Robert Easton, a friend of Walker's. I don't know what happened, but since Album 50 they've avoided using Bart entirely.
Thats Sad they are great characters!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I really like Tom. I hop he comes back.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Walker Edminston was quite possibly the best AIO actor of all time.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

The Old Judge wrote:I really really really love Thomas Dale Riley, Jr. (That's his full name.) BUT, how dare you put an option like "HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE :twisted: " on the poll. I mean, this is Tom Riley we're talking about. If anybody feels that way about Tom, they should be stripped of their S.S. membership. (Just joking.)
AMEN!
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I hate it that Walker Edmiston passed away...Tom and Bart were such a big part of Adventures In Odyssey, hopefully they will find replacements, although it will never really feel the same anymore.=/
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

suzylou wrote:I hate it that Walker Edmiston passed away...Tom and Bart were such a big part of Adventures In Odyssey, hopefully they will find replacements, although it will never really feel the same anymore.=/
IDK if AIO will want to find replacements. Tom is not like Whit. He wasn't the central character. And I don't think anyone will be able to mimic Walker's terrific voice for both characters. His performances were priceless, and I think they're moving on with other characters. It's so sad when an actor dies, because his characters died with him.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

CreativeThinker101 wrote:
suzylou wrote:I hate it that Walker Edmiston passed away...Tom and Bart were such a big part of Adventures In Odyssey, hopefully they will find replacements, although it will never really feel the same anymore.=/
IDK if AIO will want to find replacements. Tom is not like Whit. He wasn't the central character. And I don't think anyone will be able to mimic Walker's terrific voice for both characters. His performances were priceless, and I think they're moving on with other characters. It's so sad when an actor dies, because his characters died with him.
True. I just hate the thought of them never coming back.:(
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

suzylou wrote:
CreativeThinker101 wrote:
True. I just hate the thought of them never coming back.:(
I know. The Forgotten Deed had a small amount of emptiness because Tom wasn't there for that last scene. I still love that episode though! It's one of my favorites. Walker can truly never be replaced though. I remember when I found out that he died. I was a pretty new listener at the time, and I was shocked.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Yeah.:( It was shocking for me to hear, too. I was a newer listener as well and Bart and Tom where becoming fast favorite characters of mine at the time. But your right, and I guess its time to just move on...I don't think I would really get used to a replacement of them if they did get new ones anyways. At least we will always still have those old episodes with real Walker in them!
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

He's a great character. When I first was listening to Odyssey, I always got Tom, Jack, and Whit mixed up.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

C-guy wrote:He's a great character. When I first was listening to Odyssey, I always got Tom, Jack, and Whit mixed up.
Wow. You got Tom and Jack and Whit and Jack and Whit and Tom mixed up? They sound completely different! For the first year or so that I listened, I had no idea Whit was played by two different actors, believe it or not!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Walker Edminston was quite possibly the best AIO actor of all time.
He was.