Thoughts On Album 66: Trial By Fire

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Thoughts On Album 66: Trial By Fire

What did you guys think of this album? Did you enjoy the episodes? What did you think about The Long End three-parter?
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

It was slightly better than decent until my odyssey club decided I need to reset my password infinitely. Very salty.
*Finger guns aggressively*
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Mr. Clever wrote:What did you guys think of this album? Did you enjoy the episodes? What did you think about The Long End three-parter?
I definitely enjoyed the three-parter, and probably my only complains is that the last part seemed a tad rushed. Which I guess makes sense, now that albums are half the length. The dialogue was pretty solid! Especially between Buck and Jules. I'm excited to see how this affects everyone going forward.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
CraftyViolinist
Caramel Crunch

I LOVED it!! I can not wait for the next album...I have a feeling things are gonna get cray cray in Odyssey soon...
:D
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

I thought it was a pretty good all rounder, and I think the long end definitely has fanfiction potential. Also, did anyone notice this is the first album without whit in it at all. I think the buck/jules fans will like that scene in part 2, where buck is about to say something important to jules when Jason interrupts, I can hear them screaming at their pc, laptop, phone, ipad, etc "no, Jason, how could you ruin the moment like that!', before realising that that was .

'Same mold story' wasn't bad, 'much ado about jealousy' was entertaining, and 'b-tv trinity' was a good episode with the variety of characters used.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Whit wasn't in a lot of the J&J era albums.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

djchatswithu wrote:I thought it was a pretty good all rounder, and I think the long end definitely has fanfiction potential. Also, did anyone notice this is the first album without whit in it at all. I think the buck/jules fans will like that scene in part 2, where buck is about to say something important to jules when Jason interrupts, I can hear them screaming at their pc, laptop, phone, ipad, etc "no, Jason, how could you ruin the moment like that!', before realising that that was .
Actually, Nathan Hoobler confirmed Buck and Jules aren't dating yet. made a post on Welcome to Odyssey about it.

I rly enjoyed B-TV Trinity. I thought they did a good job explaining it. Especially the part on what the Trinity is not.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Nvm I forgot to add that (Detective) Polhaus seemed almost...possibly out of character? There could be something else there, or it could only be that he truly still doubts Buck's honesty, integrity. The latter of which definitely sounds plausible, but my sister and I were a lil' surprised by his aggressiveness.

Does anyone have thoughts on that?

Also! We got another three-parter written by Paul. :cry: I shed a single tear.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Whit wasn't in a lot of the J&J era albums.
what I meant by that was, Whit wasn't even referenced or referred to in this album. in the J&J era, they would still mention Whit even though Hal Smith had passed away.

-- Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:48 pm --
Mr. Clever wrote:
djchatswithu wrote:I thought it was a pretty good all rounder, and I think the long end definitely has fanfiction potential. Also, did anyone notice this is the first album without whit in it at all. I think the buck/jules fans will like that scene in part 2, where buck is about to say something important to jules when Jason interrupts, I can hear them screaming at their pc, laptop, phone, ipad, etc "no, Jason, how could you ruin the moment like that!', before realising that that was .
Actually, Nathan Hoobler confirmed Buck and Jules aren't dating yet. made a post on Welcome to Odyssey about it.

I never said they were dating, I just said Buck was about to say something to Jules, when Jason interrupts. my thought is they were just having a bit of fun and 'teasing' the fans who 'ship' buck and jules, by making the scene sound how it did.

I rly enjoyed B-TV Trinity. I thought they did a good job explaining it. Especially the part on what the Trinity is not.
I agree totally. I liked how they explained the trinity, it seemed like it was made for the club and then thrown in album 66 at the last minute to make up the numbers. I would have swapped it with the Madge and Guy sequel episode. I didn't mean to say it's an overall weak episode, it just seems to be the 'lost sheep' compared to the other 5 episodes.

-- Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:03 pm --
GJFH wrote:Nvm I forgot to add that (Detective) Polhaus seemed almost...possibly out of character? There could be something else there, or it could only be that he truly still doubts Buck's honesty, integrity. The latter of which definitely sounds plausible, but my sister and I were a lil' surprised by his aggressiveness.

Does anyone have thoughts on that?

Also! We got another three-parter written by Paul. :cry: I shed a single tear.
I think they could've had Polhaus with Monty when he arrests skint, and Polhaus says something to buck like, 'I still don't trust you yet, but keep this up, and some day, I might'. I think Polhaus knows Buck can be a good person, but has trouble convincing himself that it has happened, due to bucks past and family history. remember, he didn't trust Wally in 'the green ring conspiracy', but now he treats him with less suspicion because he knows Wally isn't like his brother Archie.
Mr. Clever wrote:

Jimmy Barclay Fan
Chocolate Chip

Was this a goof ? When Monty arrested Mr. Skint, he did not know who Monty was. Monty listed a few cities, but he did not recognise who he was. But in the GRC part six, they talked face to face when Monty was dressed like a clown and talked of a previous meeting on the dock. It seems like Skint did not remember him, and Monty did not bring up these instances.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

That's a really good point. I would say it's probably a goof.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote:Was this a goof ? When Monty arrested Mr. Skint, he did not know who Monty was. Monty listed a few cities, but he did not recognise who he was. But in the GRC part six, they talked face to face when Monty was dressed like a clown and talked of a previous meeting on the dock. It seems like Skint did not remember him, and Monty did not bring up these instances.
I'd say that it's probably skint trying a last ditch attempt to not get arrested. he conned people by talking to them, so he probably thought if he denied knowing monty then he could just leave.