Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

So... Guess whose an official college graduate as of today?!?! \:D/
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Stella C. wrote:So... Guess whose an official college graduate as of today?!?! \:D/
Congrats!! :clap: \:D/
*Finger guns aggressively*
Helios
Butter Pecan

Stella C. wrote:So... Guess whose an official college graduate as of today?!?! \:D/
Sweeeeeeeeet! :mad: :yes: \:D/
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Congrats Stella!

I found out today that I may be receiving a Certificate of Artistry my junior year of high school, skipping senior year, and going straight to my dream college instead.

It's been quite a day.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

That is so cool! Congradulations!!!!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

shnoodlec. wrote:Congrats Stella!

I found out today that I may be receiving a Certificate of Artistry my junior year of high school, skipping senior year, and going straight to my dream college instead.

It's been quite a day.

MY BABY IS GROWING UP IMMA CRY

That's so cool oh my gosh!!!! Congratulations!!!! I did dual credit for three years (I basically just went to college for high school, so not the same, but i'm just trying to relate okay) and starting early was one of the best decisions I've ever made both academically and socially. Good luck!!
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Thank you Penny and Audrey!! ^_^
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Is anyone else bemoaning the lack of snow in their area?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Bob
Caramel Crunch

Certainly not. If anything it'd be nice if there was less of a risk than there is. I never want to know a day that's under 60 degrees.
A classic never goes out of style.
321tumbler
Caramel Crunch

Maybe that's because you need warmth to keep you alive with such a cold heart.
Bob
Caramel Crunch

That's a subject I guess you would know a lot about, *L*.
321tumbler
Caramel Crunch

Well I do talk to you quite often, so yes, I would say that you're right about that.
Bob
Caramel Crunch

Right; you practice your dark art all of the time.

Well, my cats love me, even if you can't.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I have a laptop again. Look out, Soda Shop. \:D/
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Tea Ess wrote:I have a laptop again. Look out, Soda Shop. \:D/
*Locks bunker door, hides in the corner with a can of tomato soup*

-- Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:00 pm --
Blitz wrote:
SirWhit wrote:I'm in 10th grade >_> And I'm Asian. So yeah. I'm also taking the PSAT.

I definitely need to study, I got a 1250/1600 on a practice test which is pretty much an asian fail :P JK but not JK.
*is glad I'm not Asian* Everyone expects Asians to be brilliant.

I'm preparing for ACT and I go something like 7 out of ten on a short diagnostic. Apparently I'm good at science and English.
Wow. This is kinda rly racist.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

not really?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Actually if you watch this video about the model minority myth it is kinda racist and has a dark history https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wti3_cXeF4k
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I agree, the idea of the model minority is not OK. But imo just acknowledging the fact that asians in America have unrealistically high expectations regardless of the reality isn't completely racist. I have to admit that I feel a certain level of disconnection from the issue though, being in Japan at an international school where the majority of people are Asian (and amazingly, some of them aren't math geniuses).
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

SirWhit wrote:I agree, the idea of the model minority is not OK. But imo just acknowledging the fact that asians in America have unrealistically high expectations regardless of the reality isn't completely racist. I have to admit that I feel a certain level of disconnection from the issue though, being in Japan at an international school where the majority of people are Asian (and amazingly, some of them aren't math geniuses).
I wasn't like offended by it. I'm not one of those people on the internet. Just kinda stood out to me. The statement with no context is confusing.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

HEYOOO IM BACK

Since I've been here, I've started going to university, majoring in theater and minoring in media studies (video prod is this semester and I am absolutely loving it omw), but since I'm loving media so much I think I'll switch to a double major starting in the fall.

How was yalls Valentines day??