Divided We Fall

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Divided We Fall

What'd everyone think about this episode. I liked it, but I'm also a fangirl, so I'd like to hear where everyone else sits.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Eh. That's all. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Is it just me, or did it feel similar to Old Tricks? I’d give it a 4, it’s pretty good, but not as good as Old Tricks, (an amazingly ep that is currently sitting at 15th on my episode ranking.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bob
Caramel Crunch

Well, it's similar in as much as there's a similar atmosphere, not uncommon for the major family dynamics in Odyssey these days -- I referred to "Wooton/Penny" episodes as their own genre, and there's a similar sort of dynamic developing at the Kendalls. I don't think the plot is similar, though.

In this episode they were careful to characterize Katrina as also being very intelligent, albeit more empathic and socially aware than Eugene, in tune with her original portrayal in her introduction, which is nice to see as they haven't always been 100% on the mark there (mainly in "Back to Abnormal"). We learn here that she's a Rhodes scholar, which goes a way towards classifying her.

Edna Platt might be very by the book, but it's important to note they don't take her character over the top and turn her into a villain; she seems reasonable and nice enough in spite of having a rather sensitive awareness of threats.
A classic never goes out of style.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

So, when threatened with the loss of a son you can rely on knowledge as opposed to praying about the situation?
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah, I appreciated that about Mrs. Platt. Odyssey has a tendency to go over the top with characters sometimes, so it's refreshing when characters are more realistic. Katrina was awesome. Such a mom.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:Odyssey has a tendency to go over the top with characters sometimes, so it's refreshing when characters are more realistic. Katrina was awesome. Such a mom.
I can get behind that.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Bren wrote:So, when threatened with the loss of a son you can rely on knowledge as opposed to praying about the situation?
My goodness Bren, I didn't even think about that! :yes: Arista, Gracie, and I reviewed the episode on Sunday. That is an extremely valid point.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

This episode was pretty solid in my book. I appreciated too, that Mrs. Platt was only after Buck's interest, and extremely understandable. Also, I loved Katrina in this episode. :inlove: For some reason, it seemed short, although it could be because I was expecting the themes included to continue to be carried.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
AioFan7
Strawberry

Hmm... Bren did have a good point! I do like this episode.
13:16 Numbers of Hope
The Way of the Cross leads home!
Below are websites that I own:
https://theadventuresofsupermikegame.weebly.com

https://platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com/
I love the Christian audio drama Kids Corner! Check it out here: http://odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3479