New job

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

New job

The AIO podcast recently posted a new job that there hiring. Seriously some of us my be really perfect for this job.

"Becomes immersed in the world of Adventures in Odyssey, learning the show’s history, characters, locations, and storylines "

Wait we never do that! Nevermind well it was worth a try.

( https://www.whitsendblog.org/2018/08/apprentice/ but really some of you should really check it out :yes: )
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Um yeah right. I'm not in college?
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I saw that application, and did thing about applying just for fun. The problem is that I dont have 1-3 years creative writing experience. Also it would be an hour commute unless I moved there.

I also noticed how they said part of the job is to keep up with what the target audience wants, including reading message boards.. Does that mean they're stalking us? :O
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I read through this... I meet all the qualifications. Is there an age limit? I didn't see that. But I don't live in Colorado Springs... So...
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Well college level of course.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

I did take a look at this when it was first posted and sighed. They must have hired for it by now, the post is down. But I remember it paid around $13 an hour, which for a 40 hour work week, 50 weeks out of the year, comes out to about $26k a year. I might be making things up but I remember Colorado Springs have a decently high COH, so this seems a little weak for an apprentice position. Granted I'm in the Twin Cities where most internships start at $15.

Also, the personal standards for the job made me really uncomfortable. While I understand that FOTF wants to hire Christians, their code of conduct barrs a lot of things in people's personal lives, such as divorce, infidelity, homosexuality, etc etc. I guess Colorado is an at-will state so they can do things like that, but I'm incredibly against someone's personal life being important in their professional life (within reason - if you're yelling out slurs on Facebook, maybe this isn't for you). IDK, it all skeeves me out. Writers can write amazing Christian things and not be Christian themselves.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Colorado has a super high cost of living right now. I work in Parker, which is about an hour north of Colorado Springs. One cannot get a 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment for under $1300 a month. Once you get more into the suburbs of Denver it gets even worse.

Colorado Springs is slightly more reasonable, but all of Colorado is crazy high right now. I heard some stat like how they're finishing 60 new homes a day, and it still isn't enough to meet demand.

Anywho. I would also take a pay cut if I applied for that job, and while doing something you love is better than not, I can't even afford an apartment on my current salary, much less taking a cut...
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~