Fanfiction Club

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

So what next, you guys? Has to be ambiguous enough that we can all do it.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

What about a new year one but we don't have to get it on here by new years.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I'd be up for that. Maybe if we had the rest of December and then all of January?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

That sounds good what does everyone elas think?
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Erm... I'll see what I come up with. Time may be a problemo. I will attempt to participate.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Same here I have socor (indoor sadly) a play and some other things coming up so ya.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

My first thought was that we could do a Valentine's Day fic, but that's over two months away, and a lot of us aren't probably interested in writing romance. That would leave us with limited options, then.
I like the new years idea. The year is still for the first almost three months so we can have a loose deadline.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Oh if we are doing a really loose deadline that will help a lot.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

I agree. My story is going well kinda how about you guys?
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

I still haven't started. Still tossing around ideas.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Anyone interested in a new challenge? I just had the idea of taking the same scene and writing an internal monologue or outside description of the scene to see how they differ from one another.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:Anyone interested in a new challenge? I just had the idea of taking the same scene and writing an internal monologue or outside description of the scene to see how they differ from one another.
I'd be up to this. Which scene did you have in mind? Divided We Fall?
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

That'd be interesting! Hm, though thinking it over, we might aim for something less explicit. Divided We Fall kinda has every emotion or thought process already spelled out for us. Maybe that's why I didn't like it as much as other Meltsner episodes. I wasn't able to come at it from as many angles, because the angles were so clearly defined.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:That'd be interesting! Hm, though thinking it over, we might aim for something less explicit. Divided We Fall kinda has every emotion or thought process already spelled out for us. Maybe that's why I didn't like it as much as other Meltsner episodes. I wasn't able to come at it from as many angles, because the angles were so clearly defined.
I know you suggested this a year ago, literally, but as I've done something similar with part of "The Long End" why not try that, there's a few good scenes, Jason and Monty, Buck and Jules, etc.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

That sounds good to me.
I've done a part of The Long End like that, but the problem is that I heard the broadcast version and I know lines were cut from the scene I did.
(hope you don't mind me jumping in here :P )
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Miah Robinson
Chocolate Chip

PennyBassett wrote:Anyone interested in a new challenge? I just had the idea of taking the same scene and writing an internal monologue or outside description of the scene to see how they differ from one another.
Ooo yeah, this sounds fun!
"Well, that wasn't Shakespeare's Henry IV, but it'll have to do." -Don Polehaus
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah! I'm down! Do we want to set a deadline?
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Or here's a sugestion: I was just listening to a scene from part 2 of The Long End and I think it would be interesting if we took Buck and Eugene's conversation, Buck and Jules' conversation, and Buck and Skint's conversation and built our fanfics around those scenes. We could write in what dialogue was between Buck and Jules before he dropped her off. I'd be really interested to see how we interpret the same scenes.
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:Or here's a sugestion: I was just listening to a scene from part 2 of The Long End and I think it would be interesting if we took Buck and Eugene's conversation, Buck and Jules' conversation, and Buck and Skint's conversation and built our fanfics around those scenes. We could write in what dialogue was between Buck and Jules before he dropped her off. I'd be really interested to see how we interpret the same scenes.
Ok, so we all seem to want to write a deleted scene of some kind. I had an idea on extending the scene at the end of part 3 with Buck and Felicia Larson. Not sure how long it will take, as I only get a chance to write every couple days at best, but I'm certainly up for it.
Miah Robinson
Chocolate Chip

All of those suggestions sound great! I'm up for any of them. As far as the deadline goes, we could say October 31st? That would give us a little over a month.
"Well, that wasn't Shakespeare's Henry IV, but it'll have to do." -Don Polehaus