Album 58: The Ties That Bind Discussion

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I'm not quite sure where exactly I should ask this, but this seems like a good enough place. :P

So, I was listening to the audio book of Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony, and there is a character named Hadley Shrivelington Basset. Unless AIO was making an Artemis Fowl reference, the name Hadley Basset must have some Historical or Literature reference. Does anyone know what the name Hadley Basset is a reference too? Or, are these two occurrences just a coincidence?
xo eht haiasi-
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

so I would give The Ties That Bind a 6 out of 10. Very flawed, to many subplots
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I mean, yeah there are a lot of subplots, but they're relatively easy to follow. Now, I have listened to it a lot so I could be wrong in that, some people might have had a harder time following along through the first listen. I rather enjoy the album. There are several spots where the acting and writing is superb.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

I loved this album. But then again I'm an optimist.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

TheDoctor wrote:I loved this album. But then again I'm an optimist.
Same. I honestly don't understand the hate that this album gets, I thought it was great...

Edit: And no, don't try to explain it to me. I understand the hate, but I don't. I've read that the subplots are bad etc., but... I like it.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Kungfunaomi wrote:
Same. I honestly don't understand the hate that this album gets, I thought it was great...

Edit: And no, don't try to explain it to me. I understand the hate, but I don't. I've read that the subplots are bad etc., but... I like it.
Amen! Preach it sister.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

TheDoctor wrote:
Kungfunaomi wrote:

Amen! Preach it sister.
Finally we agree! \:D/
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I just really dislike a lot of the subplots, but I really like Olivia's, Whit's and Buck's, but the rest, not so much. So probably a 6 out of 10.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: