Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

My parents paid for our entire family (6 people+my boyfriend) to see the Incredibles 2. I tell you, my dad has waited for this movie for 14 long years. Every time (and I am not kidding) a sequel for another movie would come out (such as Cars 2 or Finding Dory) he would always comment on how he was so sad that an Incredibles 2 was never released. My dad loves the Incredible so much we have the movie memorized because we've watched it so.many.times.

The movie was very good, definitely more cartoon-y than the first and a lot more action scenes, but still very good. (You definitely know it was good when my dad said he wanted to buy it when it comes out... That is a very rare occurrence, people) I loved LOVED the scenes with Mr. Incredibles being a stay at home dad (Also, as a teacher, I about died during the scene where he was trying to figure out Dash's math homework).
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

That is so neat!!!! You should tell Disney-Pixar :)
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I finally saw Incredibles 2 !! :mad: And will admit that I cried like a baby during the short film, it was wonderful.

ALSO, I WOULD DIE FOR JACK-JACK. The movie was so so good in many ways, and crushed my expectations.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Helios
Butter Pecan

The short film made me cry too! So emotional! But it was also hecka freaky. :evil:
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I really enjoyed the short film, but my parents not so much. It was so adorable!!!!!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

Has anyone seen ''I can only imagine''? I saw it at a summer camp I went to and I just watched it again with my fam a few days ago
It is amazing!! I already really liked that song but I never knew the story behind it what do y'all think?
Aha suh dude
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I loved it!!!! My parents and I all started crying about a third of the way through and didn't stop until the end credits. One thing that was amazing about this movie is that it didn't have bad acting or perfect people like most Christian movies that I have seen.
Jo March
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

*Looks at Jo March slowly...

Just saw The Greatest Showman. I have to say, it was pretty good But, I'm not loving it so much as to get a tattoo of it. So I loved it, but not buy merch love it.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

TheDoctor wrote:*Looks at Jo March slowly...

Just saw The Greatest Showman. I have to say, it was pretty good But, I'm not loving it so much as to get a tattoo of it. So I loved it, but not buy merch love it.
How dare you say that! It's total tattoo worthy! Best movie for a while that I've seen.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

You seriously put such a huge smile on my face just now.
Jo March
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Jo March wrote:

Ahh! My life goalz!
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

TheDoctor wrote:
Jo March wrote:

Ahh! My life goalz!
LOL well if your life goal is to make everyone smile you have certainly gotten started. :) :clap: \:D/
Jo March
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

so has anyone seen Ant-Man and The Wasp? I'm just wondering how good it is because I am going to see next Saturday. I loved Ant-Man it is my 5th favorite MCU film.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:so has anyone seen Ant-Man and The Wasp? I'm just wondering how good it is because I am going to see next Saturday. I loved Ant-Man it is my 5th favorite MCU film.
It was pretty good. Even if the whole movie was complete garbage, the end credit scene would make up for everything. There are two, so watch out.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TheDoctor wrote:
Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:so has anyone seen Ant-Man and The Wasp? I'm just wondering how good it is because I am going to see next Saturday. I loved Ant-Man it is my 5th favorite MCU film.
It was pretty good. Even if the whole movie was complete garbage, the end credit scene would make up for everything. There are two, so watch out.
O_o I did not think it was a garbage movie..

I am someone recently converted to marvel (recently converted to superhero movies in general), and AntMan is definitely my favorite character (tied with Scarlet Witch actually, but anywho.)

I watched this movie by myself in theaters, and I was laughing quite a bit, out loud. The jokes were great, there were several sweet moments, and it ended so nicely (and then.....)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

I didn't mean it was garbage. I'm saying IF the movie was. Sorry.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

The movie was just two hours of reason why the Sokovia Accords were garbage. XD

I liked it well enough. (The FBI agent who worked as a youth pastor was probably one of the best characters imho)
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Y'all seen that amazing Detective Pikachu trailer? If you haven't, here it is
It looks really good IMO. Suprisingly.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Has anyone watched Bohemian Rhapsody? Deeeeeefinitely a solid 9.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Nope, I haven't. I play video games, wha did yo expect?