The Court of 11th Doctor Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I nominate myself for leader since I was the ex-captain. And who seriously wants Belle with more power?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Blitz wrote:I nominate myself for leader since I was the ex-captain. And who seriously wants Belle with more power?
Belle.

\:D/
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
321tumbler
Caramel Crunch

Not that I have any credibility here, but I would rather have Belle than Blitz. *nods*
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Blitz wrote:I nominate myself for leader since I was the ex-captain. And who seriously wants Belle with more power?
If you're ex-captain, then that means you were removed from being captain for some reason.

So that means you had power and someone removed it, likely for a good reason...
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I don't want either Blitz or Belle—one, because Belle's got a point about the ex-captain thing, and two, because I question the merits of centralizing power on the board and consolidating more governorship in Belle's hands. I think the Debate Vampires should remain as an independent order within the Soda Shop, rather than being beholden to Belle's nefarious whims. :noway:
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Woody
Cookies & Creme

I, Sir Woody, Knight of the Order of Aristotle, dutifully accept MissFriendship's gracious nomination, and would gladly accept the burden of service that this important mantle entails, should my fellow Vampires grant me the privilege of doing so.

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I totally forgot about this until now. I'd like to organize a vote for electing the interim leader of the Debate Vampires. I expect it will be a largely ceremonial role; if our leader spurs activity in this thread or the Debate Hall, that's great, and if not, at least we didn't set our expectations too high.

I'm going to try to make this as pain-free as possible. You may only vote for people who are already members of the Order, and who have posted sometime in 2018. As far as I can tell, this includes:
Audrey
Belle
Blitz
Miss Friendship
Samantha14
shnoodlec.
SirWhit
Tea Ess
TigerShadow
Woody
You may vote for yourself as first choice, but I will secretly judge you for doing so. :noway: If you don't want to be elected, say so in this thread and I will discount any votes for you.

We will be using Instant Runoff Voting, meaning that you will rank the candidates in order of your most to least preferred. If no one gets a majority of the votes when I evaluate everyone's first choice, the person with the fewest amount of first choice votes will be eliminated, and then second choice votes will be counted, and so on, like in this flowchart.

The poll will be open for two weeks until 10:00 PM EST on May 15th. Please only vote once.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Can you vote even if your not really part of this?
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Yes, if you have an interest in who the interim leader is going to be.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

I believe Belle needs more power. I mean, pft, there is no such thing as "Too much power."

I VOTE FOR BELLE
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

I vote Tea_ess i think he is very reasonable and because bella already has lots of power.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

You will both need to answer the poll if you want your votes to be counted. The first question is just your what your username is, and the second asks you to rank the candidates from 1 to 10 (with 1 being your first choice/favorite candidate).

The poll: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F6D3ZCB
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Oh sorry.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

It's cool. Thanks for voting!
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Since I'm Queen of the Monkeys, wouldn't I be out of the running? (On account of conflict of interest. ;) )
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Dual titles are allowed, so long as you understand leadership of the Debate Vampires comes first. =p I can think of at least one other candidate with an existing title, so you aren't alone.
Last edited by Tea Ess on Mon May 14, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Can I be promoted to an actual member now, I have been waiting for 6 months...
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Only the leader of the Debate Vampires can do that, and for the moment we don't have an active leader. If we successfully elect an interim leader, they can admit members if they choose to do so, or encourage potential members to keep debating, as Eleventh Doctor used to do.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Tea Ess wrote:Duel titles are allowed, so long as you understand leadership of the Debate Vampires comes first. =p I can think of at least one other candidate with an existing title, so you aren't alone.
Cool. :P Just wondering, since the Monkeys and Vampires were once at war. or something
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Oh, I had forgotten about that. I don't think it would be a problem since the Debate Vampires and Monkeys have been at peace for so long, but if you win and war breaks out again, we might need to elect an interim interim leader.