Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Bethany Shepard wrote:I did the same thing. I watched the first one because I wanted to make fun of it, but I proceeded to watch all of them! LOVE THEM. Not as great as they were hyped, but I still really love them.
Same. I secretly love them, but I must have the hateful sarcastic front because the rest of the world's adoration is far too overboard. :P
Bethany Shepard wrote:Also, Jacob, ew. #teamedward
I admit Edward and Bella were meant to be, but regardless Jacob was still far more interesting and attractive. So Bella's daughter is the lucky one here. :mrgreen:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

NinjaHunter wrote:
1. People didn't want a new King Arthur movie.

2. The people who did wanted a more traditional Arthurian film.

3. The trailer sucked.

I have the feeling that most of the people who actually saw it liked it, but not enough people went to see it.
I wanted a King A movie for sure. Sadly, we got another non-King A so I skipped it like everyone. It's too bad, there really hasn't been a strong, faithful King A movie. It would be new ground. And yet, people seem to think they can only break new ground by all but ignoring the story.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Helios
Butter Pecan

[quote="Blitz"*Scratches is head*
Nah that's more ecchi/mature.[/quote]
Probably yeah. I just wanted to get one of those memes where the girl is calling someone a pervert, but it was...not working on trying to find one. O.o

I watched Ultraviolet last night. Twas...not what I expected, but not too bad either. The color schemes made it visually interesting, even if the fight scenes were somewhat...ridiculous? Then again, Milla Jovovich can narrate anything and make it sound cool! \:D/ I want her to read the eulogy at my funeral.

Also, I loved the King Arthur movie. IT HAD FREAKIN' KATIE MCGRATH IN IT! BEAT THAT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... *falls into rabid laughter because she is a Merlin freak* :twisted: Also Jude Law's monologue voice. Also Charlie Hunnam. Also the mage girl. Also the soundtrack, the cinematography, the monsters, the battle scenes---it was epic, and I will have no other Arthur. (ironic, since I campaigned heavily against seeing it, but then I got sucked in and the rest, as they say....)

Also Eric Bana as Uther. BEST CASTING EVER. They should get him to play King Regis if they ever make Final Fantasy XV into a live-action movie.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

See everyone who actually watched it liked it. Unfortunately not enough people went to watch it so we aren't getting a sequel probably.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I just saw the trailer for Marvel's Infinity War and I am hyped! :mad:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Helios
Butter Pecan

I haven't even seen Ragnarok yet! :cry: How can I possibly prepare myself for Infinity War without Thor and Loki??? :mad:
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Watch Ragnarok.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

WATCH THE GREATEST SHOWMAN. There, I used all-caps, that must show how important it is. :)
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

I really want to watch The Greatest Showman but I'm loaded with school. Plus have you dad being unemployed for six months also adds to that factor.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Oh I'm sorry. :( Seriously, if you get a chance, you should see it. I think Tuesdays are $5 movie tickets at AMC, fyi...
I'll be praying for you!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Helios wrote:I haven't even seen Ragnarok yet! :cry: How can I possibly prepare myself for Infinity War without Thor and Loki??? :mad:

One half of me feels that Ragnarok is freaking hilarious and amazing and I loved it, and the other half of me feels like that it was too hilarious and it just didn't feel like a Marvel movie. Thoroughly enjoyed Cate Blanchett tho. She is amazing and she honestly should play evil characters more often.

I'm halfway through The X Files (can't you tell??) and Mulder and Scully are killing me with their cuteness :inlove: I just watched The Post-Modern Prometheus and I'm writing this from 6ft under because the dance at the end slayed me. I'll never listen to Walking through Memphis the same way again. Ack. Someone punch me pls
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

How to train your dragon :inlove:

number 3 comes out March 1st 2019!!! :D DreamWorks announced that there would be a third movie in 2010...they keep pushing back the release date and it's driving me crazy! But i'm pretty sure the 2019 date is a set date *crosses fingers*

Only one more year!!!

Has anyone else been awaiting the arrival of this movie forever? Or is it just me?
Aha suh dude
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I finally found time to watch The Greatest Showman. IT. WAS. PHENOMENAL.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

WHAT DID I TELL YOU!!!!!!! Soooo A M A Z I N G!!!!
Jo March
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

So I have kind of been on a Marvel spree lately. Spiderman: Homecoming, The Avengers, Iron Man, and now Black Panther. Haven't had anything to do with Marvel before this. So. I'm curious as to where these movies stand within the Marvel fandom, if any of you are like, absolute nerds. I'm just a casual watcher. But I can say that Iron Man was probably my favorite.
Oh, and unrelated to Marvel, I also saw National Treasure. A couple times I was flipping out, it got pretty suspenseful.

-- Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:54 pm --

Oh, also, what do you guys think about the Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer? For the first time in my life I am not interested in watching a Star Wars movie.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Kungfunaomi wrote:So I have kind of been on a Marvel spree lately. Spiderman: Homecoming, The Avengers, Iron Man, and now Black Panther. Haven't had anything to do with Marvel before this. So. I'm curious as to where these movies stand within the Marvel fandom, if any of you are like, absolute nerds. I'm just a casual watcher. But I can say that Iron Man was probably my favorite.
Oh, and unrelated to Marvel, I also saw National Treasure. A couple times I was flipping out, it got pretty suspenseful.
Oh yes, girl! *high fives* I'm not hard core enough of a Marvel fan that I've read all the comic series, but I've grown up watching the movies, and I like all the ones you listed. ^_^
The Avengers is a relative classic in the fandom, a great one to start with. Homecoming is a new fun favorite (Though I wish it didn't have quite as much language as it does.) Black Panther was given an amazingly well written story line, executed brilliantly because it took risks, and I'm a lil' biased but Iron Man is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's interesting to see how much his character changes because of what he's experienced, and that his priorities continue to change but is held back by a lot of selfish, or self destructive tendencies. I also recommend seeing Captain America: The First Avenger, that one provides a lot of information for the movies that came afterwards.

And I'm Super glad you liked them. :D What do you think you'll see next?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

GJFH wrote: And I'm Super glad you liked them. :D What do you think you'll see next?

I just... man. Tony Stark. I am a fan. So probably Iron Man 2 when I get the chance, or I was considering Captain America: Civil War, but I probably want some context before that one. Bah, who needs context.
I don't know. :D We'll see. Though I will look into CA: The First Avenger so thanks for recommending that.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Jo March wrote:WATCH THE GREATEST SHOWMAN. There, I used all-caps, that must show how important it is. :)
I want to so bad! Is it really good?
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Ummm YES!!!!! My favorite movie at this point. It isn't historically accurate, but the storyline is so amazing. And the singing is totally awesome. And the costumes are super cool. And so are the actors. Go listen to the soundtrack on Youtube!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNIgq9s47_4
Jo March
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I am seeing Ready Player One today!!!!
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: