End of the world

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

End of the world

Everything has turned upside down! There has been three huge storms (Nate is on His way) and many fires. There has been shootings and many other things. There has been sighs that come from revulsions so that must mean Jesus is coming back soon! What is your opinion on this?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

We won't know the day or hour so no point in guessing. Live like the Kingdom of God is at hand and leave the worrying to others.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Eleventh Doctor wrote:We won't know the day or hour so no point in guessing. Live like the Kingdom of God is at hand and leave the worrying to others.
I agree and I don't mean to be guessing just this are leading people to believe he wil come back soon.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

There have always been wars and natural disasters. This is not a unique time in history and people have always thought the 2nd Coming was near.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

No one will know the date or the hour, I think that settled it.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Eleventh Doctor wrote:This is not a unique time in history and people have always thought the 2nd Coming was near.
What if you are wrong? How would you know?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I mean it's a historical fact that people have always written about the 2nd coming being near.

My point is not that we should ignore the possibility of the 2nd coming but that our lives shouldn't actually change all that much. We should be living a life seeking after holiness no matter if we think the end is tomorrow or will never happen in our lifetime.

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Miss Friendship wrote:
Eleventh Doctor wrote:This is not a unique time in history and people have always thought the 2nd Coming was near.
I agree with MF so how do you explain the signs form revaltoins?
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

The fact that it's been an above average hurricane year, we've had some wildfires, and there were more mass shootings? These are all regular occurrences in the United States. The Second Coming might be tomorrow, but we don't know that. It might be good to take a serious look at environmental practices and basic gun control measures, though.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Katie10 wrote:
Miss Friendship wrote:
I agree with MF so how do you explain the signs form revaltoins?
I'm not even convinced that Revelation is about future events. But in any case, are you saying we haven't had bad weather and wars before now? Tell me which events you're seeing that are without precedent historically.

PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah, I get a little concerned when people start assuming when the second coming is. I think we can get so consumed in it, or think we know when Jesus is coming back to the point that it's all we think about or we stop trying to live our lives to the fullest. Personally, I don't know. My main reason for not believing that the second coming is imminent is that I believe God has big plans for me on this earth. But, hey if Christ decides to come back tomorrow. Well, great! I don't know about you all, but eternity with Jesus sounds flipping fantastic.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

PennyBassett wrote:Yeah, I get a little concerned when people start assuming when the second coming is. I think we can get so consumed in it, or think we know when Jesus is coming back to the point that it's all we think about or we stop trying to live our lives to the fullest. Personally, I don't know. My main reason for not believing that the second coming is imminent is that I believe God has big plans for me on this earth. But, hey if Christ decides to come back tomorrow. Well, great! I don't know about you all, but eternity with Jesus sounds flipping fantastic.
But if we look at it as working g harder to get people too Jesus it can be good in one way or the other. @ Eleventh doctor I will give me a day to write it all down (I hope I am not comeing across mean if I am I am not trying to be)
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You aren't coming across as mean at all. This conversation has been very civil and I'm enjoying it.

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Eleventh Doctor wrote:You aren't coming across as mean at all. This conversation has been very civil and I'm enjoying it.
Same here its my first debate, any ways I mean 3 huge storms in like 2 month's tons of fires many attacks not just in our country I am not saying it is a sigh but I am 70% sure
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Historically there have been many times people thought it was the end of the world. Look at Black Death where a plague killed 50% of Europe's population. The 1918 Flu Pandemic that killed 5% of the world's population, right after World War One, one of the worst wars in history. Historically I don't see our era as being uniquely horrible.

But in any case the original point is we should live like the end is near but trying to guess when that will be based on current events seems fruitless.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Historically I don't see our era as being uniquely horrible.
..We do have Trump. :P
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Well as much as I'd like the world to be ending because of that, my other points still stand :-P

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Well as much as I'd like the world to be ending because of that, my other points still stand :-P
I actually never argued your points. I merely questioned them. Nobody here has any idea of what I really believe.. =)

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Miss Friendship wrote:
Eleventh Doctor wrote:Well as much as I'd like the world to be ending because of that, my other points still stand :-P
I actually never argued your points. I merely questioned them. Nobody here has any idea of what I really believe.. =)
I may have argued ;) . why don't you beluve in the book relations? @ E doctor
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I never said I didn't believe in the Book of Revelation. I just said I don't think what we're seeing now is indisputable or even "70%" proof that the end is coming. Like I said earlier, times when 50% of Europe were dying seems a lot more like "the end" than now. But like I also said that shouldn't actually matter, we should live our lives like the end is coming but guessing when it will comes seems pointless to me.