Prayer requests!

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Oh my gosh you guys I am so sorry!!! That is so hard for both of you guys! And I totally third what TigerShadow said. I will be praying as much as I can during the next week or so...
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Oh hey I'm alive!

as you guys might have seen, Hurrican Harvey has arrived, and it's wrecking my hometown in Texas. Most of my friends have had to evacuate it's so bad. We had a really bad hurricane back in '08 where the power was out for 3 weeks, and apparently this is the worst hurricane to hit the US since Katrina in '05 (so read: worse than '08 one). Houston's just about underwater at this point and a lot of my friends don't know what their home will be like when they come back, if there is much of one left. It's really horrible and even though I don't live there anymore I'm very worried. I lived there for almost 10 years and still saw the evidence Hurricane Ike left in 2008. The storm may end in a week or two, but the people in Texas (especially around Corpus Christi I believe) will be seeing the results of it for years and years. They could all really use prayer.

And on a personal note, I move out in two days and am terrified of college so any prayer about that would be wonderful <3 Hope everyone's still doing well around here.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Oh wow! We have been praying for Houston and Texas but I will definitely be praying for you!!! I hope college goes well for you!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

lil update. almost all of my friends and everyone i know/grew up with are now under mandatory evacuation. but they can't get out. the flooding is too much. my best friend is supposed to go to switzerland in two days for a study abroad program and even if she could leave her street, the airport runways are underwater. a close family friend just bought a house that's now flooded up to the second story and she and her three boys had to swim to a friend's boat, leaving behind everything but their dog. my old english teacher is on dialysis and can't even go downstairs, much less actually get medical help. my old work still made people come in (don't you just love Chickfila?) or risk being fired and an old coworker of mine got stuck going down main street and had to be rescued. my old house's pool overflowed ten times over and my old house in general is now three feet deep in water, according to my neighbors.

it's just getting worse and worse. every hour i'm going on facebook and seeing another person i grew up with saying that they need to evacuate because it got way worse and they don't know how the heck they're going to get out. i'm watching my hometown get absolutely destroyed. every monument every park every place i've worked at or lived in or been to or known is underwater and it's just. not. stopping.

and this is in what was considered to be the safer area.

i'm sorry, i'm kind of a wreck right now. i don't even live there anymore and i can't even imagine what people who do live there are doing right now. i'm so scared for so many people i love.

but if nothing else, i've seen how god is bringing everyone together to help. a friend of mine's grandmother was rescued from her house today by a guy from Atlanta, GA, who had a boat and drove 11 hours to help anyone he could. there are still good people in this world.

please pray for houston and texas in general, everyone.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I've been praying for the people affected by the hurricane. I hope all your friends and former neighbors are okay, Audrey.

It truly is amazing to see how people come together during disasters like this. There are more selfless people in the world than we sometimes give credit for.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I am so sorry Audrey. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. You and you're loved ones have been and are still definitely in my prayers!

I also have a prayer request. So, my younger sister has always had problems with anger and generally overreacting. She'd have huge fits over nothing when she was younger, and I thought it was more of a kid thing that she'd grow out of. But she's eleven now, and recently she's been having some of the same issues. I get that she's a child, and soon-to-be teen, so that's emotional, but some of the things she says make me really concerned for her. I'm genuinely concerned that she'll become suicidal, even at eleven or twelve. So, if you could just pray for her and really my whole family. I know she hurts my mom a lot, and her fits really scare my younger siblings and I.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Oh Penny!!! That must be really hard, I will be praying as the Lord leads.
Jo March
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

As you know a huge storm is going right to Florida and then another huge storm is forming right behind that. Then there is one about to hit New Mexico as well. Do you live there comment we will pray for you. Don't live there pray for the people who do for this is a rerocd breaking storm.
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

This may be completely irrelevant now, but I will say it anyway in the off-chance it may brighten someone's day. If you have fled to Atlanta, the Braves will give you a free ticket to watch their series against the Marlins if you present a valid Florida ID. Wonderful gesture by them :)

My prayers are with all the people affected by this catastrophe.
~Two of your five a day~.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

That is nice. Some guy is letting people seep in his furniture store and then he can not sell the stuff they sleep on so nice! Yes pray pray pray!
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Yeah guys my dad just showed me a possible satellite time lapse of Irma, and even KANSAS CITY WAY FAR FAAAAARRRRRRRR FAR AWAY FROM THE OCEAN might get Irma when she becomes much smaller. And I had no idea that one is about to hit New Mexico. We actually have family that live in Florida, right smack dab in the path of Irma are STAYING THERE!!!! Prayers would be appreciated for God to either a) somehow convince them to leave(they're not Christians) or b) that they would come out safely.

And while we're on the topic of natural disasters, my dad's cousin has a house in Steamboat, CO, very close to the fires. If you guys could be praying for him and his wife and everyone else who will be affected by these MASSIVE fires, I'm certain sure that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, there was an earthquake in Mexico. The article that I read said that at least 61 people are confirmed dead. It also said that the quake was strong enough to violently shake building in the capital--650 miles away!! Here's the link: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/dea ... id=UE01DHP

Ok, last thing. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been on my mind a lot recently, and not just because of all their news. I am going to suggest that we pray for them. I don't know what their religious standings are, but I believe that God is telling me that I need to pray for them, and pray for them I shall.
Last edited by Jo March on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jo March
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Oh my I will pray for your friends! Yep the fires are crazy I am right around that area. My mom said that the Strom went east a little so it is mostly going to hit that area still its going to be super strong! Here is a video of Iram https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ti ... ORM=VIREHT

-- Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:22 am --

We have some relative's in Florida and can't reach them please pray!

-- Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:42 pm --

So my moms friend was on a Cruise and pracked there car right by the water in Florida. Hum is there a problem kinda well let's see all that's happened is A HUGE STORM JUST HIT THEM! Okay so could you pray because they live in Kentucky and there car was in Florida so please pray!
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

I will definitely be praying, Katie.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Thank you so much.
Rosie Willowwater
Strawberry

I will be praying.
:)
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Well.... I'll be praying. On a slightly lesser note, could ya'll pray for me as I dive head first in to Bible College here in Hungary. Shaping up to be an awesome year though.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Absolutely. You are in my prayers, Blitz.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

I'll be praying too. Also I have one. Around three weeks ago my dad lost his job. After working at the company for like 25 years they let him go. Things have been crazy and we have been desperately looking for a good paying job in our location. If not than we will have to move to Texas or Vancouver. So please pray! Thanks.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Rosie Willowwater
Strawberry

I will most definitely be praying for both of you.
:)
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

I will be praying, Doc.