Art by Kungfunaomi

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:/me sniffs

That poor guy as a caricature. So very kind. *runs and hides faraway*
Jo March wrote:LOLOLOL This is such a good caricature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha I love the mixed opinions \:D/
My 9-month-old sister saw this and starting grinning up a storm and squealing for all she was worth. Then my 14 year old sister saw it and she thinks it's just terrible to do that to a person. :D :D :D
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

LOL that's hilarious
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Waaaaaaaaalllll, (stretches), good days. I got hired to teach a kid art once per week. Never thought that would happen. Hopefully I will get more students! :clap: Very much an answer to prayer. Literally a day after I prayed about getting a job that has to do with art so that I don't have to give it up. Now I'm praying that this teaching thing grows.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

OK I am really happy with this one. The sketch was Jason Seiler's, the assignment was to paint over it.

This is exciting. There was stuff in the assignment such as the eye HAS to be moved down, that is not accurate at all. The sketch had the forehead too indented and the body and shirt collar were not in the right spot. That was part of the assignment, was to fix those.

Edit: Hahaha! I didn't realize this is EST. I don't stay up late, I promise, it's only 6:51 over here. I suddenly realized I look like a party animal.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

That's great! Your work is always so inspiring!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Kungfunaomi wrote:Waaaaaaaaalllll, (stretches), good days. I got hired to teach a kid art once per week. Never thought that would happen. Hopefully I will get more students! :clap: Very much an answer to prayer. Literally a day after I prayed about getting a job that has to do with art so that I don't have to give it up. Now I'm praying that this teaching thing grows.
Congrats! Hope it goes well!
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Can I ask who this is? Why does he have a Star of David on a chain?
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Kungfunaomi wrote:
OK I am really happy with this one. The sketch was JASON SEILER'S the assignment was to paint over it.
Jo March wrote:Can I ask who this is? Why does he have a Star of David on a chain?
There is your answer but I don't know why he has a Star of David on his chain.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

It's Jason Seiler's neighbor, who is Jewish. Why do people make a big deal out of that? I put it up for critique on conceptart.org, one person had an actual critique, another five people had plenty to say about the fact that he's Jewish. It's Seiler's neighbor, who let himself be caricatured. Big deal.

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

I don't think it's a big deal I have a friend that's Jewish
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I was just wondering why he had a star of David and a kippa (skull cap). I wasn't being a critic :)
Jo March
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Jo March wrote:I was just wondering why he had a star of David and a kippa (skull cap). I wasn't being a critic :)
Yeah sorry I probably came across as being a little angry. Anyways, now I've moved on to Johnny Cash for my assignment, I'm not super duper confident about it because it's actually my caricature this time but we'll see how it goes.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I hope it goes well!!
Jo March
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Ze mon Johnny Cash. I'm not super confident in this one because I was the one who had to do the caricature part. So... going to watch some feedback lessons and see what others did and what Jason Seiler suggests to them.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Hmmmm, It's pretty good/ I would definitely say it is not your best work. You did a really good job on it though :)
Jo March
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Value paintings are still so hard but not so scary.
Yes I have been drawing I just forget to update my blog and here and stuff. I submitted a Kim Jong-Un to the Weekly Standard after sending it to Gary Locke, we'll see what they say. Bracing myself for a rejection letter, as usual.

Oh, and I should put up BB-9E! I completely forgot about that one too.

It turned out less than stellar. Both of these did. It's hard to do value paintings.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Oh my word wow that is funny!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Learn how to draw that!
https://odysseynerds.wordpress.com/2017 ... -line-art/

How to draw tutorials are hard to put together.... fun though. I want to do another one for you guys.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

You did good!
Jo March