Snow Day! Best episode ever, or should have never been made?

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

whittaker96 wrote: I think the reason why this episode was so great and so funny was because of the exaggerated melodrama - making "delivering cookies to grandma's house" a 23-minute epic, which is in itself almost ironic. Rodney was the epitome of hilarious evil, and he almost like a Joker-like presence here, which was a lot of fun. It definitely got a little repetitive halfway through, but all in all...
Yes, I am aware that the excessive melodrama was supposed to be great and funny, but it just didn't really work for me. Same with Rodney. However, I guess I can understand why others would like it.
Last edited by ArnoldtheRubberDucky on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

This episode should have never, ever been made. What Odyssey tried to make a fun, silly adventure turned into an over exaggerated, dumb mess! Cookies to grandma, that could have been done in 5 minutes, Alex goes to grandma's house.........but Rodney wanted the cookies really bad and chased Alex for 20 minutes...........pretended to drown. the whole thing with alex narrating was way to overdramatic.....I just thought the whole episode was dumb.......1.5 stars
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

The episode itself wasn't bad, Wooton, you just didn't get it. According to Nathan and many other people at Focus I've heard from, it's the episode they've got the most praise for from the fans of the years.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

It is a little over the top, yes. But it's rather humorous. I really enjoy it.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I think "Snow Day" is the kind of episode that seems to me so imaginative. But why would Rodney be so crazy about cookies? Hasn't he matured at all? Isn't he like 16?
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
MysteriousGoofBall
Chocolate Chip

I love snow day! It's hillarious especially with Mr. Smiley the snowman.
And have you seen the video on odyssey.com, where people played it out? That was even funnier! :lol:
A period of time, is a sentence of history. -Me
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

There are some hilarious acted-out adaptations. My favorite is the one where the snowman actually blows up.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Pound Foolish wrote:There are some hilarious acted-out adaptations. My favorite is the one where the snowman actually blows up.
Link?

I haven't seen this one...
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

That one is pretty good, I must admit.

Ehh, it had been a while since I listened to it. I listened to it the other day, and it was better than I remembered. Not the best AIO ever, but not the worst either. *Shrugs*
MysteriousGoofBall
Chocolate Chip

never heard of it :geek: .
A period of time, is a sentence of history. -Me
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

You've never heard Snow Day?! You have to listen to it!! It's a free episode, you can find it online.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I liked that one a lot when I first listened to it, although I don't know if I would call it the best episode ever.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
the Valiant
Caramel Crunch

I could never believe that people didn't like this episode. Its so great! It is exaggerated but isn't that what makes it so fun? Why would people love Lawrence or Jared? Their whole characters are based on exaggeration! I don't know--I find it funny and consider it a classic.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Snow Day is terrible! (my opinions. People can like it if they want, I don't.)
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

It's OK. I love the Rodney scream:)
JEFFERSEEEEEEEEUUUUUUHHHNNNNN!!!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Okie
Caramel Crunch

Silliness is just not my style.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Its kinda boring but its ok :mad:
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

This has always been one of my favorites. Probably cause it was one of the first episodes I ever heard, I was also very young at the time. But whenever it would snow me and my friends would run around screaming, "JEFFERSOOOOOON!". This episode pretty much sums up childhood in a nutshell (for me at least). Even if it isn't as funny as it used to be, it will always hold a special place in my heart.
Last edited by MonkeyDude on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

I do love the yell
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

MonkeyDude wrote:But when ever it would snow me and my friends would run around screaming, "JEFFERSOOOOOON!".
Funny story - when I first started listening to Odyssey, the CD was scratched right at this scene. It would skip "JEFF, JEFF, JEFF, JEFF, JEFF..." and then skip a few seconds. It wasn't until much later that I got to appreciate this scene.

All that being said though, this episode isn't one of my favorites, and is probably in my least favorites category.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~