Agnes Riley

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Agnes Riley

What do you guys think happened to Agnes Riley? We know Jo isn't around these days.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I think it's very likely she died before Tom did or she might (should) have been mentioned in "Legacy." It's not like she was very healthy 10 albums ago, and I assumed she probably passed away.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Yeah, but they should probably address that. I haven't heard "Legacy, Part 2", and at this point I'm not sure I want to. I mean, this character has been around since the very first episode; I think the episode devoted to his memory should have been a lot more somber than it was—and actually, y'know, focused on him. I get that "Life Expectancy" wasn't that long ago, and it was a pretty heavy three-parter, but Tom was much more important to the show than June Kendall was, and it felt like they were being so...almost business-like and anticlimactic about his death. It was like the writers themselves were acting as impartial executors of his estate, so that carried over into the show, and one of the ways it did was by not even bothering to include information or an appearance from his wife.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Yeah, and that's why I think it would just be weird if they brought her up now, you know? I do agree with what you said about Tom's passing, but if they put her back in the show now (without mentioning her at all in Legacy), that would just be slightly awkward imo...
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

*gets hugely and grossly spoiled by Tiger*
Agnes has always gotten short shrift, honestly. She was charmingly played and complemented Tom, but they have a lot of characters so they just dumped her in the mental ward. And judging by your post, they're leaving her there.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

AGH! I am so sorry, PF. D= I totally forgot the spoiler tags; I think everyone on here at the time I wrote the post had already heard the episode (or at least the spoilers), so I didn't think anything of it. That one's on me; I'll edit the post.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Yeah, I heard it online and I'm a bit underwhelmed. I enjoyed it, sure. But I liked the music they started with, but no, the old bait and switch. I also really like the unique 40s-50 style music they had the rest of the two parter, but it's more conservative, very much the kind of ultra-wholesome thing that you expect in a kid's Christian show. The moments when Eugene, Connie, and Whit missed Tom were touching. And in a way it was nice they had that as an element rather than milking and milking it.

Still, while the first episode was promising, I feel like the second one underwhelmed me. I wouldn't hear it again. They already did a goofy Western style episodes with Young Guns Bonanza and The Lone Lawman, and frankly, both were better. This one made me chuckle here and there, but frankly, the story was so childishly basic and the most of the jokes were so meh I found myself, not quite bored, but wishing I were listening to another episode. And, as noted, not so much as a reference to Agnes.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

I know that, according to the Official Guide, one of the story ideas they had for Album 50 was Tom dealing with Agnes' last days and trying to make the most of the time he had left with her. That would have been a very emotional episode and give closure to Agnes' character. It would have brought even more closure for Tom in Legacy.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I would have loved that so much! Maybe they should/could have done it with the other characters, and they could have to deal with the fact that Tom is passing soon. They wouldn't have needed Walker because Tom could easily be unconscious or sleeping or something.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Peachey Keen wrote:I know that, according to the Official Guide, one of the story ideas they had for Album 50 was Tom dealing with Agnes' last days and trying to make the most of the time he had left with her. That would have been a very emotional episode and give closure to Agnes' character. It would have brought even more closure for Tom in Legacy.
How did I not know about this.
PennyBassett wrote:I would have loved that so much! Maybe they should/could have done it with the other characters, and they could have to deal with the fact that Tom is passing soon. They wouldn't have needed Walker because Tom could easily be unconscious or sleeping or something.
But seriously, it would, might have helped the audience to learn how to grieve.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark