Guess Who's Back! (Spoilers)

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Guess Who's Back! (Spoilers)

Though it seemed he was gone forever, Ryan Cummings is at last going to put in an appearance in season four of the OAC. Ha, this proves wrong all the silly people who thought Ryan was gone forever, I told you guys. And that's not all my friends, according to the AIO Update, Marvin Washington will be back too!
http://aioupdate.weebly.com/news/sneak- ... nture-club
According to the article, it sounds like Marvin and Ryan will both be in an episode called The Unfair Game. The article says they will be "starring together" making it sound like they might be meeting each other or already friends?

I am a little put out it's an OAC. They have a habit of late of having characters like Edwin Blackgaard and Jay appearing in OAC but never in the actual show. If anything, Ryan appearing in OAC may be a sign he's become an OAC exclusive character as well.

Ah well, one of the Washington crew is back, guys! How long have we waited for this? How cool is this!?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I know! We've been talking about it in the Which Character Should Come Back Next thread, and I'm still super pumped! I can't wait for season four of OAC, it's gonna be so awesome and I'm here for new content and further references to pre-relaunch continuity and—

-checks calendar-

NEXT YEAR?! :mad:

Guys, if you hear about some college kid who's been locked in a padded room with TVs playing therapeutic kitten videos, who keeps muttering family-friendly yet furious things about a Christian radio show geared at young preteens, you know what's happened.
Pound Foolish wrote:According to the article, it sounds like Marvin and Ryan will both be in an episode called The Unfair Game. The article says they will be "starring together" making it sound like they might be meeting each other or already friends?
It's interesting, to me, when you consider their ages. We've been assuming (or...well, I've been assuming from within the garbage can that is my fandom home) that Marvin and that whole crew is in high school now, but Ryan's been in middle school with our current generation up until...when was it, Album 57 when he appeared last? If they're playing basketball together, one assumes they're in the same general age bracket (which for teenagers usually means "a year or two shy of each other"), so could this be a mentoring setup for Marvin? Like, he's a junior and Ryan's a freshman and he's kind of taking Ryan under his wing?

If this is the case, I have surpassed excitement and have reached a point of internal spontaneous combustion.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Marvin, we need you. I just want one of the "Gone" kid characters to come back.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Didi
Cookies & Creme

News like this makes me excited, then sad immediately after it clicks in that I don't have the OAC. :cry:
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:I know! We've been talking about it in the Which Character Should Come Back Next thread, and I'm still super pumped! I can't wait for season four of OAC, it's gonna be so awesome and I'm here for new content and further references to pre-relaunch continuity and—

-checks calendar-

NEXT YEAR?! :mad:

Guys, if you hear about some college kid who's been locked in a padded room with TVs playing therapeutic kitten videos, who keeps muttering family-friendly yet furious things about a Christian radio show geared at young preteens, you know what's happened.
Omw Tiger, this made me spit out the water I was drinking. O_O This is so going to be me also. I dont think I can last that long O.o

But Yay! At least they are coming back. :D
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

My husband! It's been too long. :cry:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I claim Ryan Cummings as my Odyssey Boy Friend. Don't judge. He is my life.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

To be quite honest I have a really hard time believing this. I will be happy if it happens but it sounds fishy. I can see Ryan coming back, But Marvin? Isn't he in like college now? Oh yea.....Odyssey Time....
*Finger guns aggressively*
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I mean...it's officially happening. They posted about it on their Facebook page; it's the next OAC episode. It's not an "if"; it's really a thing.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:I mean...it's officially happening. They posted about it on their Facebook page; it's the next OAC episode. It's not an "if"; it's really a thing.
Oh! I must have misread that. Whoops. I thought it was only off of the wiki page, where basically if you want it to be canon you just say it is.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Thing is, the wiki is actually a pretty reliable source. Editors get their information from Facebook, AIO Update, the Official Podcast, and Whitsend.org. The staff on there take great care in making sure that the information is accurate before we're allowed to post something new. It's true that wikis should corroborate their information with other sources before it's claimed as a fact because anyone can edit them, but dedicated staff work on them and generally keep things above board, and AIOWiki is no different.

That aside, the article about this particular episode had two different recording session audio clips embedded, which I don't think is a situation of just saying something is happening because you want it to be.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Yea, Wiki is normally really reliable I have come across some pretty weird ones.......Not on the Odyssey wiki though.