Kathy's kinda kool stuff.

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Kathy's kinda kool stuff.

Well, here is my shot at flash fiction! Tell me what you think, please!
None of these stories are about me fyi, they are just ideas I got from books and my friends.
  • Missing Him
    Sometimes I think I remember him, but, I know it's mostly the stories mom and grandma have told me. I wish he had been here for me, but no, I have to go almost all my life without him. He wasn't there when I rode my bike by myself for the first time, for my sweet 16, my graduation or now my wedding. I am dressed in white but I let the tears roll, This day was supposed to be perfect, but how can it be perfect when part of my heart is missing?
  • Baby Steps
    I close my eyes,and I remember her running down the stairs to me. Pitter patter comes the steps barely heard by anyone at all. The longer I remember the harder I have to work to keep the tears from flowing. She was just a little girl, not more than 2 years old. She had beautiful blue eyes, as blue as the sky. Now, I just let the tears flow, and down my cheeks, they roll.
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Does this show-up? :pray: If it does I hope you like it!
Last edited by Kathy0 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Kathy0 wrote:Well, here is my shot at flash fiction! Tell me what you think, please!
None of these stories are about me fyi, they are just ideas I got from books and my friends.
  • Missing Him
    Sometimes I think I remember him, but, I know it's mostly the stories mom and grandma have told me. I wish he had been here for me, but no, I have to go almost all my life without him. He wasn't there when I rode my bike by myself for the first time, for my sweet 16, my graduation or now my wedding. I am dressed in white but I let the tears roll, This day was supposed to be perfect, but how can it be perfect when part of my heart is missing?
  • Baby Steps
    I close my eyes,and I remember her running down the stairs to me. Pitter patter comes the steps barely heard by anyone at all. The longer I remember the harder I have to work to keep the tears from flowing. She was just a little girl, not more than 2 years old. She had beautiful blue eyes, as blue as the sky. Now, I just let the tears flow, and down my cheeks, they roll.
These are good experts, you have a nice way of setting an issue in only a few sentences, descriptive yet minimalistic. I'd love to see more :D .
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Thanks! :)
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Welp guys I have just gotten into poem writing. I am not sure how good these are so please tell me what you think. Thanks :)

The Word Goodbye
I hate saying goodbye. This simple word stabs your heart like a dagger. This word bends your world like a hammer to a nail. This word burns deep in your everything as a fire burns paper. This word makes you cry like you have never cried before. This word tears you up like a torn letter. But then there are the other meanings of Goodbye. Goodbye can mean its time to start over. Goodbye can mean its time to move on. Goodbye can mean let's put the past behind us. We try to move on and it's hard for awhile. But your heart will heal. Your world will be bent back into place. The fire will be put out. Your tears will dry. You will be ok again. I hate saying goodbye but I know I need to in order to move on.

Past
When you hear people talking of the past you hear things such as, "She is haunted by her past" or "He never let go of the past". But the past can be a good thing. You would not be where you are without it. Without the strain and the pain or the sorrow or the fear, my dear, you would not be who you are today, I would not be who I am today. I am not proud of where I have come from but, I am proud of how far I will go. Its takes courage, kindness, self-control, and above all, love, to get through it. Don't let the past stalk you like a lion hunting down its prey. Don't let it scare you like a storm scares a child. Instead, stand up to it! "I am not who I was then and never will be!" I have been hurt by those hard mistakes, but they showed me how to try again. When you hear people talking of the past say instead "It showed me how to live".
Last edited by Kathy0 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Aww....darling dear. These are sweet. I love the message in "Past"
Kathy0 wrote: Don't let the past stalk you like a lion hunting down its prey. Don't let it scare you like a storm scares a child. Instead, stand up to it! "I am not who I was then and never will be!" I have been hurt by those hard mistakes, but they showed me how to try again. When you hear people talking of the past say instead "It showed me how to live".
Yes! God has redeemed us, drawn us forward, out from and into his grace.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Thank you kindly GJFH. :) I will take all the encouragement I can. :)
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

This is good, Kathy :)
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Connie G. wrote:This is good, Kathy :)
Thank you. I am planning on entering one of them in a contest. :D :mad:
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Those are beautiful Kathy0! I love all of the different analogies that you included in them.
Kathy0 wrote:Without the strain and the pain or the sorrow or the fear, my dear, you would not be who you are today, I would not be who I am today.
This would have to be my favorite line. It flows so well, and sounds incredible! Great job! :)
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

MnM wrote:Those are beautiful Kathy0! I love all of the different analogies that you included in them.
Kathy0 wrote:Without the strain and the pain or the sorrow or the fear, my dear, you would not be who you are today, I would not be who I am today.
This would have to be my favorite line. It flows so well, and sounds incredible! Great job! :)
Thank you MnM dear! :) I love hearing what I did right in my poems.
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Alone
Nothing makes you realize how lonely you are until you cry out for help but no one is there to hear you. You feel like everything comes closing in, you have no way out, you struggle but in vain. You are enclosed in a dark room. You just want someone, anyone to be there to help you. A dark heavy curtain in hung over you to keep you from everyone and to keep everyone from you. Don't worry, It won't be like that forever. Eventually, someone will peek their head around the curtain and help you out so you won't be alone anymore. The sun streams through and all is well again. You realize that next time you cry out someone will hear you and help you through your troubles. You are free again.

A Winter Day
Snowflakes dance across the sky like fairies,
Frost paints masterpieces on the windows,
Lakes Freeze like a scene in a movie that has been paused at the best part,
The wind rushes the snow across the sky in a beautiful flurry,
Icicles hang off the roofs like delicate decorations,
The sun peeks out from behind the clouds and merrily reflects off the snow lighting up the lovely winter day.
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

They are great Kathy0! I love how you posted both of the poems together. It was cool because the mood went from sad, to happy, to happier! :D
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Haha thank you MnM! :D
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

An Angel
His smile is as the sunshine on a bright summer's day. His eyes are the clear blue of a deep ocean. His voice is like the wind in the trees, strong and true. He walks steady and proud like he knows who he is. His hair is the color of dust as it is tossed by the wind. His laugh is the most wonderful sound in the world. He is an angel, learning to spread his wings for the first time.

This is about my older brothers. Sorry but you can't tease me on this one xD
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Here are some super random writings I’ve done...

Yes, this world feels lonely sometimes, but those other times when it doesn’t, focus on those. Those are the moments your heart will cling to when life gets rough. Let those times be a beacon of light to your soul when the dark seems to be closing in. Hope, that’s what those moments become, they become the refuge of hope that you focus your mind on no matter what.

The stars blink in surprise at the way you shine after all you’ve been through.

What a wonderful gift a new day is. Let’s start fresh, begin again, give it another try.

How beautifully freeing the light feels after a cloudy day.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

I like these! Well done!
*Finger guns aggressively*