What's Wrong With Helios (like I had to ask) & Q&A (oh joy)

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Are you a fan of rain?

If I enlisted you to help me keep a secret from the rest of the world including Ox :twisted: , would you do it?

What's your dream car?

What's Hunter's most outstanding quality?

What's yours?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Helios
Butter Pecan

Yes. Except when it floods. :P

If it was a very juicy secret, then yes. :twisted: BUT ONLY THE JUICY STUFF. And why can't we tell our better third? :?

A Ferrari. :P LOL The Batmobile. \:D/

The ability to stay friends with me after all I've done. :nod:

Dunno. My antisocial nature? My love for Batman? My kick-butt moral code? Or maybe that sly smirk that means fire and brimstone because I'm a sun deity? :P You tell me. :twisted:
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Helios wrote: If it was a very juicy secret, then yes. BUT ONLY THE JUICY STUFF. And why can't we tell our better third?
I made up a glorious juicy secret, and he protested it and threatened to tell the world, soooo That was a test and he failed. :twisted:

Do you have a Batman costume?

Would you like to live in high society if you had the chance?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

What do you do when you can't sleep at night?
Have you ever seen "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"?
How long does it take you to fall in love with a fictional character?
Have you ever gone to Comic Con? :D
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

What's your favorite Christmas food?

Would you classify yourself as basic?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Helios
Butter Pecan

Miss Friendship wrote:
Helios wrote: If it was a very juicy secret, then yes. BUT ONLY THE JUICY STUFF. And why can't we tell our better third?
I made up a glorious juicy secret, and he protested it and threatened to tell the world, soooo That was a test and he failed. :twisted:

Do you have a Batman costume?

Would you like to live in high society if you had the chance?
Aye, he failed. Well, you are going to tell me that secret, right? :P

Nope. I have a Robin dress. ;) And I'm thinking of getting a cat suit.

Yes. I would be a White Collar criminal and drink wine all day and wear fedoras. :twisted:
GJFH wrote:What do you do when you can't sleep at night?
Have you ever seen "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"?
How long does it take you to fall in love with a fictional character?
Have you ever gone to Comic Con? :D
Read on my phone. Which, in retrospect, is actually a horrible thing to do when one can't sleep. It's certainly not going to help me sleep. :P

Nope. I do have an interest in the real-life movies. They look...promising.

Depending on the character and my amount of exposure to them, a few weeks. The Robins took about a month. Sai from Naruto was maybe...a few days? Lance from Voltron--INSTANT. \:D/

Alas, I have not. I'm kind of interested in going, because dressing up and seeing other peoples' costumes sounds amazing, but then...PEOPLE. ALL THE PEOPLE. I don't like people. :evil:
Bethany Shepard wrote:What's your favorite Christmas food?

Would you classify yourself as basic?
I don't exactly have a Christmas one. I guess the Rice Crispies! \:D/ We have them every year, anyway. They were green-colored this time around.

Basic? As in, non-acidic? :P I'm not sure...I guess I'd say I'm basic. What other options do I have? :P
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Have you ever started a blog? *can't remember*

Tumblr is well.... hard to find people to follow for me. Do you follow anyone?

Have you had wine? Hard cider?

Would you ever like living in a big city such as NYC? :wacky:

Helios
Butter Pecan

Depends on your definition of "started" and "blog". :P I had a Wordpress one ages ago. But now I just have Tumblr.

I follow....11...? I think? One of them is one, one of them is online counseling, and the others are mostly Batman-related.

Nope. Not yet. :twisted:

Yeah, probably. I'm kind of a small-town girl, but the big city is enticing. Also, higher population=higher crime rates=higher chance of vigilantes! :twisted:
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Helios wrote:Yeah, probably. I'm kind of a small-town girl, but the big city is enticing. Also, higher population=higher crime rates=higher chance of vigilantes!
I want to move to New York City. Want to come? I'll introduce you to wine. :twisted:

Helios
Butter Pecan

Miss Friendship wrote:I want to move to New York City. Want to come? I'll introduce you to wine. :twisted:
You have a disturbing fascination with A: moving me to a second location and B: getting me drunk. This is how predators operate, my friend. Close to the Dark Side, this one is. Needs to be eliminated, I fear she does. :twisted:
Last edited by Helios on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Helios wrote:You have a disturbing fascination with A: moving me to a second location and B: getting me drunk. This is how predators operate, my friend. Close to the Dark Side, this one is. Needs to be eliminated, I fear she does.
I thought predators only prey on the weak? Or is that what you are? :twisted:

Do you wear scarves or gloves or hats?

Helios
Butter Pecan

Sparkly wrote:I thought predators only prey on the weak? Or is that what you are? :twisted:
You're a bizarre kind of predator who takes joy in getting in over her head. :twisted:
Sparkly wrote:Do you wear scarves or gloves or hats?
Weather permitting, I will wear all three. At once. Mismatched. Because who cares about matching! Not I! *cue maniacal laughter*
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Helios wrote:You're a bizarre kind of predator who takes joy in getting in over her head.
mhm. Who is the one with interesting life stories? :twisted:

Do you enjoy wearing costumes? What's your favorite time era to dress up as?

Helios
Butter Pecan

You don't have "interesting life stories". You have cautionary tales. :twisted:

I love dressing up, though I don't exactly have an era. I guess...medieval? Long dresses and lots of ornaments and hunting boots and things of that sort. Also, this:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Can a cautionary tale also be an interesting life story? :|
Have you ever gone fishing?
What about hunting?
Have you ever tried sword fighting?
Do you collect swords? \:D/
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Helios
Butter Pecan

GJFH wrote:Can a cautionary tale also be an interesting life story? :|
Have you ever gone fishing?
What about hunting?
Have you ever tried sword fighting?
Do you collect swords? \:D/
But of course. ;) MF's, however, fall more in the latter category than the former.

Yeeees....kind of. Not like "real" fishing, just for fun. We tossed'em back.

Hunting...nope. Pity. I'm a good shot. :twisted:

No. I can know some knife and stick defenses.

Swords seem kinda short in supply, have you noticed? :P I would if I could.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

What are your thoughts on Selina Kyle?
Is Bruce a good father?
Where was Damian Al Ghur born?

Helios
Butter Pecan

GJFH wrote:What are your thoughts on Selina Kyle?
Is Bruce a good father?
Where was Damian Al Ghur born?
As a character, I like Selina Kyle. Not love, but like. She adds some balance to the story, since she's self-seeking but not stone-hearted. Her interactions with Batman are usually interesting, and she kind of mothers the Robins (when she's not making out with Nightwing...it's weird :roll: ) I haven't really seen a real-life version of her that I think is close to the comic character, but Anne Hathaway looked good in the suit. *shrugs*

Yeees...and nooo. He loves his kids. All of them. Including the ones who aren't technically adopted. I think he likes kids in general, but he's emotionally stunted and has trouble expressing how much he loves them. He expects them to act like adults when all they want is for him to hold them when they're scared and tell them how much they matter to him. Of course, he raises good kids (Jason aside, but Jason is Jason and we love him as he is :D ), and all of Bruce's children have become heroes in their own right. But there's gonna be a lotta bitterness down the road when they start having kids of their own and realize all those mistakes Bruce made raising them. :D

I'm not sure if Damian al Ghul was "born" in the sense that he emerged from the womb fully developed. In some versions of the story, he was grown in a test-tube as an experiment, but I'd say he was probably brought into this world in...Nanda Parbat. Just because it's Ra's' headquarters and the Pits are there. His mother, Talia, does have a private base in...Spain, I believe, where there are lots of vats of developing body parts, so it's possible he was born there instead. But wherever he was born, we still love him as the homicidal test-tube baby that he is (even as he throws Tim off dinosaurs and tries to behead Jason). \:D/

PS: I WILL answer your PM when I get the time, I've just been kinda depressed lately with my vacation coming to an end and the threat of college looming in the near future. :P
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Can you do square roots in your mind?
What was the last movie you saw?
Who is Ra again?

Helios
Butter Pecan

GJFH wrote:Can you do square roots in your mind?
What was the last movie you saw?
Who is Ra again?
Up to 16, yes. :P
The last full-length movie I saw was...Frozen... :wacky: In all fairness, it was not my idea.
Ra's al Ghul is an ecoterrorist who runs the League of Shadows...which is like a big organization of CRAZY PEOPLE. He has several children, one of whom is Talia, who created Damian with Bruce. So Ra's is like Bruce's father-in-law, and is Damian's grandfather. Sometime Ra's is okay, but he's usually a villain. \:D/