No Friend Like an Old Friend

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

No Friend Like an Old Friend

Wow. Um. This episode was incredible. It made me laugh, then I yelled at Phill cause I thought the episode would suck since it wasn't what we expected. Then, I sat there angry. Then I started yelling because Phill made my brain explode. Then I listened to it again and cried. For several reasons, first: well- Jack. :cry: Then I pulled a Tasha and said, "Wait. Whit. Where's Charlotte. Whit?! Where's Charlotte?!" (Yes. I actually said that.) Then I cried again because for the first time I realized why Wilson Knox became a character. To replace Jack. :( :boohoo:
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Yeah, but hey, at least the writers made one instead of just having no friend for Whit that is his age. And Fathers and Sons will have Wilson Knox again! \:D/
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah! I am actually pretty excited for that episode now!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Will Young Jack Allen return in another episode?
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

No. Allen Young died this year.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I said Young jack, like here in this episode.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Oh! Ok sorry I was distracted when I read that... Um, I'm not sure. The only other thing I've heard about Jack is that there might be a book series released about young Whit and Jack and that'd be pretty cool.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Chocolate Chip

I really enjoyed this episode and it was very good . It was fun .

But I looked it up and the actor playing Wilson was born in 1961, making him 55. This also makes him considerably younger than Hal Smith , Paul Herlinger , and Alan young . Also , probably a few years younger than Andre Stojka .

Of course , Odyssey is in a time all it's own . Connie was 16 and in high school over a decade . Whit and Jack originally should be in their 90's . Whit was in WWII . Jack retired in 2012. And now Wilson is just beginning a new career ? And He is Whit's brother in law , but Connie has neither met or heard from him again ? I do hope we hear from Charlotte , she is Whits step sister . But we just had one reference to her in family Portraits , and it seemed that was tossed out with a lot of other stuff when AIO started . Then we heard young Charlotte in the Journals of the Young Whit . But we have never heard from her on the show otherwise , or heard her as an adult . Hopefully we will one day .

I did enjoy it . And it was a good episode . I just have a few questions .,
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I assume Charlotte has passed away, seeing as she didn't come with Wilson. And I'm pretty sure they referred to her in the past tense?

Actor ages mean nothing in voice acting business... Several of the kids in Odyssey are voiced by adults now, and Andre Stojka is younger then the actor who plays Jason.

As for him starting a new job at his age, Wilson said he had been a traveling missionary for years, and now had become a pastor. I would assume he's retiring (mostly) as a missionary, and settling down to become a pastor. Even if he is old, i don't see it as unreasonable.

We all know how corrupt Whit is... I assume he heard his brother-in-law wanted to settle down and become a pastor, so Whit got rid of the old pastor and basically just hired this new guy (who just happens to be a relative :0). #headcanon :mrgreen:

The "Ave" reference was so obvious. It came across my mind Jack would be there too, but the name "Al" went over my head. I thought this was Whit's direct brother because Wilson said something like "I annoyed my older brother by being a stuck-in-the-mud." Turns out I heard that wrong or something, but Wilson actually was his brother. =p Since it was Chicago, I was afraid the old friend was Richard Maxwell, but thankfully that didn't happen.
xo eht haiasi-
Autumnal
Chocolate Chip

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Andre Stojka is younger then the actor who plays Jason.
Jason Whittaker? Coleman is in his early sixties. Stojka is in his early eighties.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Chocolate Chip

According to something I read online , Andre Stojka was born in 1944, which would make him
72. But I have seen at least two different birth years for him

Wikipedia - 1935 (81)
IMDb - 1944 (72)

Both Wikipedia and IMDB say Townsend Coleman was born in 1954, and His facebook says he graduated from high school in 1972, so that would make that correct .
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah I've seen different ages for him too, so idk.
Autumnal
Chocolate Chip

I'm inclined to go with IMDb on this one. Wikipedia is a lot easier to edit and get wrong.
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

My thoughts on this episode in video form.

One thing I didn't mention in the video is that I'm glad they used the same actor (Aden Schwartz) who played Young Whit in the Journal of John Avery Whittaker. Although I didn't know that at the time, I think that was one of the factors that helped guess that Al was actually Whit.