Gone......But Not Forgotten

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.

Stars you give Gone and But Not Forgotten

57%
43%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 7

Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Gone......But Not Forgotten

This is about the episodes Gone.. and ...But Not Forgetten. Personally, these 2 episodes set the stage for A Name, Not A Number and DBD, and Search For Whit.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

ITS SO SAD!!! But, really good at the same time!!!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Oh, these have always been two of my favorite episodes! They make me cry almost every time I listen to them. They're so well acted and written. And Jack is fantastic.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Eugene and Bernard are great in Gone....
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Yeah they are! They are really funny!
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

These episodes are permanent classics.
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Yup for sure!
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I think that this caused good things like albums 22-27 happening which were really good.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:I think that this caused good things like albums 22-27 happening which were really good.
I really enjoy listening to both of these episodes.

In my opinion, "Gone..." gave Whit a good send-off. The writers didn't have too many options as sadly, Hal did pass in his sleep. The rushed decision to leave Odyssey behind and live on an archaeological dig was unexpected, though not unbelievable. I mean, we already knew he was a man of many interests, and a love of history. Yet there were and are things we don't know about the great John Whittaker.

Still, from a child's perspective, it was heart breaking, as if he was dying and I believe the writers believed it was the final goodbye. :(
The slight humour handled with Eugene's shenanigans was a nice distraction. He was the desperate, hopeful character, wanting one second more. Tom was a good contrast in that he was more serious and compassionate...quite different from the Tom we saw previously. That Tom would continue to mature even as Eugene also did, even battling his own selfishness in the Blackgaard Saga, stepping up to challenges.

With "But Not Forgetten," Jack acted as a sort of grief grief counselor to us, the audience. I instantly liked him, perhaps for his voice, though I suspect it was for how he talked to people. Now that I look back at it, I am Connie Kendall, and I'm sure many can relate. When we're comfortable with what we have it's difficult to imagine after losing something valuable, that we can be happy. Connie had lost so much already, and Whit seemed so valuable, as a father figure and companion. Jack Allen was a blessing, though could never fill the place. The characters were put into positions that were uncomfortable, they sacrificed, and matured in faith and personality. These episodes were incredibly impossible, to everyone.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark